The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

How to highlight custom keyword section titles?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

How to highlight custom keyword section titles? Empty How to highlight custom keyword section titles?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 7:33 am

Geo03-18-2012 03:01 AM

How to highlight custom keyword section titles?

Maybe I should address this question to Dottel, given that I found this in his domain: http://great-britain.tel/ 

Please share how to highlight the first line in the following section:

Quote:

Attract new customers
    Grow your Business/Service or promote your message by advertising on great-britain.tel to get instant visibility within the Only, Real-Time, Global Directory. Achieve global exposure at a fraction of the traditional advertising cost! great-britain.tel is THE cost effective way to get your Business, Brand, Product or Message Noticed, Promoted, Targeted, Sponsored & Advertised.

[size]
    I take it this is done programatically; please share what line would be necessary in PHP?

Edit: I just realized that this might be a feature of the template being used?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-18-2012 03:44 AM

It's a trick of the way the proxy renders search keywords. Go to Telmasters.com and use the free Quick Update tool. You can add up to 10 Custom Keywords, each has a label and text. eg www.ideas.tel uses them. For PHP I'll get you the code in a bit.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-18-2012 03:51 AM

For PHP you need something like this ...

$kk = $td->client->new_keyword($v['label'],'',
    array($td->client->new_keyword('desc', $v['text'] )));
    if ($kwid==-1) $td->skw->searchData->keyword[] = $kk;
    else $td->skw->searchData->keyword[$kwid] = $kk;

Mark

Geo03-18-2012 04:21 AM

That's great Mark - thank you kindly!

Gonna go try that now...

By the way I like your little graphic trick at the bottom of ideas.tel too - very cute... I guess that's one way to track visitors to your sites?

Geo03-18-2012 04:30 AM

Incidentally, one more thing concerning ideas.tel...

I noticed that upon refreshing, the keyword sections remained in the same order; the last time I played with keywords quite a while ago, the keyword sections would always render in a different, random order... is this another trick you figured out or has there been a change to allow ordering keyword sections or paragraphs? This was one of the key features I wanted implemented, so it would be great news to me.

dottel.net03-18-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

For PHP you need something like this ...

$kk = $td->client->new_keyword($v['label'],'',
    array($td->client->new_keyword('desc', $v['text'] )));
    if ($kwid==-1) $td->skw->searchData->keyword[] = $kk;
    else $td->skw->searchData->keyword[$kwid] = $kk;

[size]
    indeed - that's how its done through our own dottel.net .tel bulk management and population scripts and tools.

there's no way to order keywords. the trick is to have just one large keyword within which you add all the content and give it the appearance its was several i.e. check:

http://terms-and-conditions.great-britain.tel/[/size]

Geo03-19-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 21007)
    indeed - that's how its done through our own dottel.net .tel bulk management and population scripts and tools.

there's no way to order keywords. the trick is to have just one large keyword within which you add all the content and give it the appearance its was several i.e. check:

http://terms-and-conditions.great-britain.tel/

[size]
    So, in this example given above could we highlight the section titles... 1.1, 1.2, ... ?

And in ideas.tel, is it one large keyword? And the separator lines ----------------------------- typed into the one large keyword to give the enhanced appearance of sections? 

Dear Telnic,
    I imagine most Tel users would probably appreciate this kind of thing implemented easily and intuitively in the Telhosting interface. :)[/size]

supercyberheroes03-19-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 21000)
    Incidentally, one more thing concerning ideas.tel...

I noticed that upon refreshing, the keyword sections remained in the same order; the last time I played with keywords quite a while ago, the keyword sections would always render in a different, random order... is this another trick you figured out or has there been a change to allow ordering keyword sections or paragraphs? This was one of the key features I wanted implemented, so it would be great news to me.

[size]
    Yes, that is one of the thing that really annoying me, keyword going up and down, good Geo for raise this point

Regards
    http://businessdirect.tel
    http://supercyberheroes.tel[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 2:27 pm