The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

My .tels

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

My .tels                Empty My .tels

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:10 pm

idn06-19-2010 01:55 PM

My .tels

Hi all,

Recently purchased the following IDN tel domains:

klingeltöne.tel (ringtones)
    sociétés.tel (companies)
    знакомства.tel (dating)
    москва.tel (moscow)
    免费.tel (free)
    因特网.tel (internet)
    电信.tel (telecommunications)
    핸드폰.tel (mobile phones)
    휴대폰.tel (cell phones)

I would like to focus on the following two domains to begin with: москва.tel (moscow) and klingeltöne.tel (prime term: ringtones)

I am planning on developing москва.tel into a directory where small and large businesses in Moscow, Russia (but not necessarily limited to Moscow only) can advertise themselves for a small yearly fee. I would like to also include advertising banners on my page as a source of revenue. In addition to businesses, I want to make москва.tel free for personal (non-business) addresses for people who wish to have their contact details available online.

Regarding, klingeltöne.tel I would like to develop this into a mobile download service and collect micropayments for ringtone, wallpaper, application etc. downloads.

These are my ideas so far, but I still have a lot to learn about .tel domains and how to make effective use of them. Regarding, the other ones I am not too sure yet what I will do with them. For companies.tel (french) I might develop it into an online directory for businesses operating in France and other french speaking countries.

Bunjie06-19-2010 05:58 PM

Hello idn,

Добро пожаловать в Telnic, looks like you have a great plan forming please keep us updated on how it goes.

idn06-19-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunjie (Post 9499)
    Hello idn,

Добро пожаловать в Telnic, looks like you have a great plan forming please keep us updated on how it goes.

[size]
    Thank you. I am not a russian speaker but I have a russian developer working in my company who will hopefully help me overcome the language barrier. I would appreciate if people here would suggest how to make the most of my domain, suggestions, appraisals and potential. 

Does anybody know if its possible to populate a .tel using an excel? I found the latest yellopages of Russia in excel format.[/size]

Bunjie06-19-2010 06:50 PM

You can upload a file that will populate the .tel, "back up and restore" theres a discussion on it somewhere in the forums but I have never tried with excel.

Have a look in your .tel under settings and make a back up and see what the layout is, if you can get that working out in excel, then you can add more and just re upload it.

Oh and Google told me that says "Welcome to" but I should be wary of auto translators, it's good you have a dev who's Russian.

idn06-19-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunjie (Post 9501)
    You can upload a file that will populate the .tel, "back up and restore" theres a discussion on it somewhere in the forums but I have never tried with excel.

Have a look in your .tel under settings and make a back up and see what the layout is, if you can get that working out in excel, then you can add more and just re upload it.

Oh and Google told me that says "Welcome to" but I should be wary of auto translators, it's good you have a dev who's Russian.

[size]
    Just found this. https://www.telfeeder.com/guide.html

Ill give it a go. Other than advertising banners what other monetization ways exist? What price range do you think I should charge businesses (or if I should at all for that matter) if the domain gets good traffic?[/size]

Aled06-21-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunjie (Post 9501)

[size]
    I should just emphasise that you can only upload xml files using exactly the same structure as the backup file using the "Upload" functionality. If youy do with to populate your .tel using an excel file there are 3rd party products that have been developed which do this and some of these are listed at http://telnic.org/tools-other.html.
    Thanks,
    Aled[/size]

idn06-21-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 9516)
    I should just emphasise that you can only upload xml files using exactly the same structure as the backup file using the "Upload" functionality. If youy do with to populate your .tel using an excel file there are 3rd party products that have been developed which do this and some of these are listed at http://telnic.org/tools-other.html.
    Thanks,
    Aled

[size]
    Thanks for the link. My concern at the moment is, I found someone who is selling Russia Yellowpages in excel format, but for one I am wondering about the legality of using this excel to populate my idn moscow.tel. Secondly, it is an excel file with thousands of entries, do not know how easy it would be modify the excel to fit the structure, could possibly take ages. 

Do you think it would be better to advertise and have individuals and businesses email me to manually enter their details and slowly populate my .tel?[/size]

Blunderer06-21-2010 02:43 PM

Quote: Do you think it would be better to advertise and have individuals and businesses email me to manually enter their details and slowly populate my .tel? 

Yes. .tel has the capacity to provide a much better display and service than other directories. Why replicate them - providing only the same, outdated service?

Existing directories are basic contact tools, designed for websites, not the mobile age, where .tel becomes a promotional medium, in addition to a contact medium.

Add value by adding content.

Simon G06-24-2010 08:46 PM

Look forward to seeing Mockba.tel.

I think you should get your data from a number of different places. It needs to be more than just your typical yellow page listing. An important aspect of the listings for me is the precise location data for any place and original useful data as well as an intuitive directory structure. Which makes finding the data simple and even less of a chore than typing into google or flicking through a big phone book.

However I think you could populate a basic directory using excel with the telmasters bulk upload tool. If you manipulated the data with a few basic excel functions such as concatenate and find/replace. However I would be using this as I have little experience with other ways to do so.

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 7:18 am