The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

10 minute Android Apps

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

10 minute Android Apps Empty 10 minute Android Apps

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:53 pm

dialaroom05-25-2011 01:07 PM

10 minute Android Apps

Stumbled upon Appsgeyser.com and as it was free, thought I'd give it a try, took me about ten minutes to create an Android app. that displays Taxinumbers.tel (that's all it does) on any android phone (that's all it does). 

It was so easy, and worked perfectly when downloaded to my Android Tablet, also looks really proffesional alongside my Angry Birds, Kindle, Skype and iPlayer apps.

Taking it one step further I uploaded it to Android Market and five minutes later I have an App on Android Market promoting my DialaCab.tel and TaxiNumbers.tel combo. 

Unfortunately, at the moment, the number of taxis listed is small, but it is very useful if you need a cab in Knightsbridge, or Aberdeen and a few other places. If you have an Android based phone or tablet, why not try it out for fun, (especially if you live in Knightsbridge or Aberdeen).

Here's the links to Android Market Taxinumber.tel app.
    and to [url=http://www.appsgeyser.com/getwidget/UK Taxi Numbers]Appsgeyser[/url] 

Has to be the most fun I've had with my .tel for ages. Anyone know where I can do the same for iPhone for free?

dottel.net05-25-2011 01:52 PM

nice - i've been playing around with appsgeyser myself the last few days. you're obvously work alot faster then me

haven't come across anything on the iphone yet, believe real issue there is the whole cumbersome process you need to go through to register an app, get an app approved etc. the closest thing i found was the 'fooling' of the iphone to make it add a link to your tel site within the apps. basically its like a bookmark direct to your tel site.

Blunderer05-25-2011 04:27 PM

Well spotted, Steve.

tel4rent05-25-2011 07:31 PM

Thanks dialaroom!

ynp05-25-2011 07:43 PM

Used this service for www.406i.tel, also found it fairly quick to set-up. Another nice feature is seeing the number of downloads and usage statistics. However, I'm not very fond of the ad that is placed at the bottom of the app after a couple of days. I did not recall seeing mention of this upon sign-up, and would like to know a way to take this off. If you are having people pay to advertise on a site and then they stumble upon the app which has an advertisement built in could cause problems. Still fun nonetheless.

dialaroom05-25-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynp (Post 14861)
    Used this service for www.406i.tel, also found it fairly quick to set-up. Another nice feature is seeing the number of downloads and usage statistics. However, I'm not very fond of the ad that is placed at the bottom of the app after a couple of days. I did not recall seeing mention of this upon sign-up, and would like to know a way to take this off. If you are having people pay to advertise on a site and then they stumble upon the app which has an advertisement built in could cause problems. Still fun nonetheless.

[size]
    Quite right ypn, the ad is annoying, but it is fun and is a good starting point to get apps to the market. It shows the strengths of a .tel when all the app needs to do is show the url.[/size]

boracay.tel05-28-2011 02:20 PM

That quick android app idea is ok. however, simple direct navigation still lacking for .tel directories.
    How about wrapping a "go.mobi" site and maybe you've got something worthy of an instant mobile app. Then link icons from the go.mobi "app" to the relevant subdomains of your .tel directory. 

I now got a use for boracay.mobi

dialaroom05-28-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 14904)
    That quick android app idea is ok. however, simple direct navigation still lacking for .tel directories.
    How about wrapping a "go.mobi" site and maybe you've got something worthy of an instant mobile app. Then link icons from the go.mobi "app" to the relevant subdomains of your .tel directory. 

I now got a use for boracay.mobi

[size]
    Be interesting to see what you do with it. Had a couple of .mobis for a while, never got very good search results, but if you're just using them for an app. it probably won't matter. What is meant by simple direct navigation still lacking? Anyone tried the Google app. engine?[/size]

Shahid05-28-2011 04:30 PM

Thats a good find, had a question. 

when you make an app even test it, but how about listing it on market.
    it says you need to pay, so is it free and i am doing it wrong or do we have
    to pay US$ 25/- at start.

i have HTC HD and it looks perfect and i love android and would love to promote
    my app as well its like one touch for your clients to reach you in no time especially
    with .tel

Shahid05-28-2011 04:40 PM

okay, have paid 25 US$ and registered my self as i see more future then US$25/- there might make multiple apps and get them listed ( both traffic and moneitization )

dialaroom05-28-2011 06:15 PM

It will be well worth the $25, especially with the new Android Honeycomb being adopted by most non ipad tablets and more developers coming up with easy ways to make apps. some using flash, (you won't find that on your iPad). Who wants to type urls into phones, when you can just click an app., more fun than searching bookmarks as well.

Shahid05-28-2011 08:03 PM

yes I agree there future of mobile phone or tablets is going to be Android so why not join it. will make the apps in free time and share them.

even buying a .mobi like the idea of .mobi forming into android app.

thanks 

Shahid

Blunderer05-28-2011 10:52 PM

I've got an HTC Desire and after Boracay pointed me in the right direction last year, I started saving my .tel sites to favoutites, then sending them to the home screen, where the link is shown in icon form - click to connect so, what's the benefit of an app?

Is it just that people will blunder around in an app store, and maybe come across the app for a .tel?

How does it get the name of a .tel known?

boracay.tel05-29-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 14911)
    1. what's the benefit of an app?

2. How does it get the name of a .tel known?

[size]
    1. Benefit of app - to navigate/jump instantly to grouped data within your .tel directory. Ie add a 1-click graphical user interface (instead of clicking many times thru to ever deeper levels)

2. It won't other than to be seen when the legacy fall back desktop and mobile website (that any old phone/computer can render) must be used. That is, .tel in a well designed smartphone app is kind of the hidden backend "always uptodate database".

But an app is marketable today. there are millions of apps.
    App for this. App for that. It's all about the app currently.
    May need to re-evaluate after the new templates.[/size]

Blunderer05-29-2011 02:52 PM

Thank you Boracay. Smart phone uptake is still not that high where I am but, more importantly, mobile signal (and public WiFi) access is very poor - lots of hills, buildings with thick stone walls, so I consider that I need to cater for PC viewing for some time to come. However, now that Dialaroom has pointed the way to a simple and free means, I might have a crack at making an Android app.

boracay.tel05-30-2011 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 14915)
    .... so I consider that I need to cater for PC viewing for some time to come. However, now that Dialaroom has pointed the way to a simple and free means, I might have a crack at making an Android app.

[size]
    .tel suits then, as it comes with the free template based fallback plan for any old mobile and desktop.

android app. its actually $25 to register.
    then I'm using a set of "go.mobi's" at $2.50/mth per screen layout (this provides the simple icon based, graphical, mobile front-end)
    anyway, its our first test/sample android app... (I know there's data missing) ... I have no way of testing it (need an android device), but i'd really like to know if the grouped mapping function opens correctly (that is, does it stay within the app's single target window)? (works correctly on our iphone test app)

anybody care to try it out for us? you can download it here: https://market.android.com/details?i...ayDirectoryApp

https://files.me.com/boracay/uolr1l[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 8:18 am