The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Calling all Great Britain GEO tel directory owners....

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Calling all Great Britain GEO tel directory owners.... Empty Calling all Great Britain GEO tel directory owners....

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 1:33 pm

dottel.net08-05-2011 10:51 AM

Calling all Great Britain GEO tel directory owners....

We're putting together a network of tel directories covering all of Great Britain

So far we have included 166 populated geo directories covering counties, cities, towns, regions, districts, boroughs, villages and popular tourist destinations.

If you want to add your directory either pm me here or simply go to Great Britain and navigate to the relevant section and claim your space by filling out the self service links.

Enjoy!

dottel.net08-07-2011 12:24 PM

some more cities/towns added to Great Britain, keep em coming, lets get all of Britain added

stats/details to follow...

mikeseaton08-07-2011 01:06 PM

Standard Format Phone Numbers

Hi Dottel.net,

Nice directory - with scope for good revenue once it starts getting used extensively.

On suggestion though - having looked at your site http://mango.ascot.tel - put the phone number (or at least the first one on the page if more than one) in standard format i.e. +44 followed by numerics with no spaces and leading zero removed - as Telnic do in http://telnic.tel 

That way you can be sure all devices will be able to click through on the phone link.

Best wishes for success with this directory.

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-07-2011 01:28 PM

Phone Number Formatting

Actually, IMO, the better way to do phone numbers is to place the formatted number in the label, and the raw number in the phone field. That way the site visitor can easily see the phone number with spaces for manual dialing, but with click to call working seamlessly.

Click to call me @ 905-773-5735
    +9057735735

eg mark-kolb.corporate.kprobe.tel

Ideally, I wish Telnic would display the phone number in easy-to-read format and mask the actual click-to-call number.

Mark

dialaroom08-07-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 16699)
    some more cities/towns added to Great Britain, keep em coming, lets get all of Britain added

[size]
    No wish to be too pedantic, but I don't think the the counties Avon, and Humberside exist anymore, East Yorkshire and parts of Lincolnshire, (N.E.) I think have taken the place of Humberside and Bath Avon and N.E. Somerset make up what was Avon.

Only commented as I have http://snaith.tel in East Yorkshire and have found the residents and businesses are not keen on being listed as Humberside. 

Not wishing to decry GreatBritain.tel as you probably know I already have http://marlborough.tel listed in it. It's a really good idea and directory. But people on county borders are often highly sensitive about their addresses.

I'll list Snaith.tel if you'll add East Yorkshire. Again good luck with it I'll certainly add the ones I'm developing.[/size]

dottel.net08-07-2011 04:52 PM

thanks for the feedback - regarding phone numbers i'll look into some options, but personally prefer the better presented version but appreciate that won't allow click to call on some devices.

@dialaroom - you bring up an interesting point and one we debated internally. we could have gone with the new county names but find some still prefer the old i.e. many actually still prefer sussex.tel over either west or east. We ended up going with the UK postcode system and have added others when there's an interest, need or local feedback (ala what you've provided regarding East Yorkshire).

keep the feedback coming and get your tel's added

Cees08-07-2011 07:55 PM

Ideally, I wish Telnic would display the phone number in easy-to-read format and mask the actual click-to-call number.

Mark[/QUOTE]

I think the masking of the phone number should be allowable, not only that, you should be able to toggle it to suit your requirements.

dottel.net08-10-2011 10:23 AM

East Yorkshire now added to Great Britain

Let me know if there's other counties/regions you'd like to see added.

dottel.net08-22-2011 11:47 AM

4 more towns added to Great Britain

Keep em coming

TelRise08-22-2011 09:39 PM

Hi Dottel.net
    Although I haven't populated Mayfair.tel as much as I should, I'd like to add it to your site. A couple of pages receiving a decent amount of visitors daily for a long time now. With a bit more work, the numbers should grow. Especially with the huge growth in mobile users. Good luck with Great-Britain.tel

dottel.net08-31-2011 03:00 PM

3 more towns added to Great Britain

Keep em coming

your-tel09-01-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 17164)
    3 more towns added to Great Britain

Keep em coming

[size]
    Can you please add www.llandudno.tel to Great Britain 

Country = Wales

County = Conwy

Kind regards[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 2:09 am