The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Showcase Your New Template Here !

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Showcase Your New Template Here ! Empty Showcase Your New Template Here !

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 2:54 pm

telrific07-05-2012 01:10 PM

Showcase Your New Template Here !

So, if you have taken advantage of the new templates, show them off here !

Here's a couple of easy one's to beat:

btd.tel

bfd.tel

Blunderer07-05-2012 01:39 PM

http://cullompton.tel

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-05-2012 02:07 PM

www.BabyProducts.tel
    Mark

tindaya07-05-2012 03:32 PM

www.josealfonso.tel

itld07-05-2012 03:50 PM

wow ! Facebook & Twitter & Email & G+

http://simbirsk.tel

Cedric07-05-2012 04:14 PM

http://EMBA.tel

tony mayo07-05-2012 05:01 PM

Great work everybody and thanks to Telnic for the new templates.
    Having great fun this evening.

arts.tel

surfer.tel

ballina.tel

Gibran07-05-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 24864)
    So, if you have taken advantage of the new templates, show them off here !

Here's a couple of easy one's to beat:

btd.tel

bfd.tel

[size]

The Video and side bar ad on these are courtesy Mark's tools?[/size]

Gibran07-05-2012 10:10 PM

Greatest strength of TEL is that is is built for mobile - however with the new template (at least one I have tried) the social media links (share this TEL) do not appear on my android phone.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-05-2012 10:27 PM

www.Ponds.tel

However, the banner is no longer clickable as the original templates. This is no longer a consistent behaviour as with other templates. In mobile it is clickable, so why change. 

Aled, I hope it was an oversight, so how soon before we get this banner to click to a web address please?

Mark

tony mayo07-05-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 24893)
    www.Ponds.tel

However, the banner is no longer clickable as the original templates. This is no longer a consistent behaviour as with other templates. In mobile it is clickable, so why change. 

Aled, I hope it was an oversight, so how soon before we get this banner to click to a web address please?

Mark

[size]
    Yes, hoping this is something than can be changed quickly. Changing templates cannot go ahead until this is fixed.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-06-2012 02:56 AM

www.TaxPlanner.tel
    picked up today and fully populated and now waiting for traffic.
    Mark

Geo07-06-2012 03:03 AM

Oh boy, oh boy!! Thank you Telnic... I feel like it's Christmas and I've just been given a big new Lego set.

Now all I need is some free time to get building. 

I take this as a very positive sign... not to sound ungrateful, but I hope there's more to come... because these kind of developments will really give Tel the boost it deserves. 

Big thanks to Telnic for coming through - better late than never - we knew you had it in you!

Thanks folks for all your samples - keep them coming... I'm liking the big images, a lot. 

As for design, it would be nice to be able to change text colors or switch between black / white text where background colors are changeable.

boracay.tel07-06-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 24898)
    As for design, it would be nice to be able to change text colors or switch between black / white text where background colors are changeable.

[size]
    This is an important request as white text on lighter color heading section backgrounds is unreadable.

Kprobe, can you confirm whether the API can assign different templates per subdomain level or not? I think directories would ideally be served to have template 7 for category and navigation pages, then template 8 being for the distinctly different "free as supplied" client landing page.

Almost there.

The telnames.tel template could then be the "upsell" that directory builders push hard to help telnic sell more domains. Especially to newbies and replace the free directory listing. A technical client might instead be sold the SEO long tail .tel.

Thoughts?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-06-2012 04:21 AM

@boracay: Templates can only be assigned for the entire domain, not subdomains.
    Mark

Mals07-07-2012 09:35 PM

From three new templates I liked option number 7.
    I established it on this site

Mals07-08-2012 09:01 PM

Excuse for my bad English.
    The reference to the YouTube it is impossible to put a lack of the 7th template where you want, as on all other templates, it as well as the card of Google costs below.
    Still, at the 7th template too bright white color and small letters where I have announcements at phones. It would be in my opinion better to make this place as at a template 6
    http://lf.taxi.bostonma.tel/

tindaya07-09-2012 07:57 AM

I have made one with the template nº 6, http://radiadores.tel

supercyberheroes07-09-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 24955)
    I have made one with the template nº 6, http://radiadores.tel

[size]
    Hi Tindaya dejame darte una sugerencia, el color en gris casi no se nota, en cuanto al video dejame sugerirte roxio.com, roxio es una multinacional que cotiza en NY stock market, con ellos encontraras un software que elimina la camara en movimiento y los ruidos que hay alrededor como el, viento, carros etc.

Regards
    http://ideal.tel
    http://supercyberheroes.tel[/size]

tindaya07-09-2012 04:28 PM

roxio creator 2012, 60 euros?
    the problem is that I need something free. I am learning
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Showcase Your New Template Here ! Empty Re: Showcase Your New Template Here !

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 2:54 pm

Mals07-12-2012 11:16 PM

Put on one more site a template 7
    http://taxi.oldenburg.tel/

In the field "Description" it is necessary to increase a font, to make it as on other templates.
    Users shouldn't strain an eye and damage eyesight.
    I leave at once from sites if there small letters.

Sumerlin07-17-2012 12:53 AM

This is UGLY

Sumerlin07-17-2012 12:55 AM

I had www.cullompton.tel in mind
    The ugliest of them all. The rest are nice

Blunderer07-17-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumerlin (Post 25028)
    I had www.cullompton.tel in mind
    The ugliest of them all. The rest are nice

[size]
    You lot still don't get it. http://cullompton.tel has earned £60 in the last 24 Hrs - Florist, Carpenter, Painter and a Cake Maker - on the site by this evening - and it is the MOBILE view, and the simplicity of operation that attracts people. Everyone is sick to death of websites, with bits here, bits there, colours here, colours there, and ads all over the place.

When it comes to templates - the more simple it is - the better.[/size]

Blunderer07-17-2012 11:44 AM

Correction:

£75 in last 24 Hrs 20 Mins - add Direct Building Supplies to the list.

If you want something to do while you all wait for the magic template - find a 900 year old business in Tiverton.

No prize, but it will kill some time:)

telrific07-17-2012 11:47 AM

Apparently you don't get it either, it's not about stuffing a directory to make money off of absorbers who frequent your dead pages, it's about the ACTUAL Businesses and People in a LIVE, SELF-MANAGED directory ... with something they are not afraid to admit they own, and would share publicly on all devices.

:rolleyes:

dialaroom07-17-2012 12:40 PM

I'm sure Cullompton's Carpenters, Painters etc are really happy that customers will find them and contact them easily and quickly for £15 a year. If they want to go to the expense of an all singing and dancing web site, they can do so. 

If you want "ugly", take a look at most other websites on your mobile. It takes a skilled professional, web designer, a quality domain name, expensive or time consuming SEO to come anywhere close. Not a tenner a year .tel.

Blunderer07-17-2012 02:02 PM

@Telrific,

Thanks for your view. I'm not boasting about making money, I'm demonstrating that there is a demand.

My directories are live. Listings can be updated at any time, free of charge, and the message we receive, loud and clear, is that most small organisations/one man enterprises do not wish to self manage. There are millions of one page "self managed" free/cheap websites lying in the dust of the internet because they were sold to people who did not realise that they would then have to optimize them, nor the cost/time involved.

We know that .tel is different, but first we need to gain the confidence of the customer. Then we can promote individual ownership.

What you have said is that Geo domains have no purpose. I see them as the essential link between individual ownership and TelPages. Will a two legged stool stand up?

But the main reason for my post was to highlight that it is the Mobile view that attracts people, not the coloured bit, so whilst template functionality is important, the visual aspect is less so.

telrific07-17-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25038)
    @Telrific ... so.

[size]
    Understood, this was the key phrase, not the money boasting part:

Quote:
    [/size]

You lot still don't get it.

[size]

We get that you have a few fish to justify your position while literally HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of companies and individuals
    "self-manage" in a popular directory called Google everyday, and let's not forget the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS that do it in Facebook on top of that.

There is a VERY huge need for a self-managed "card catalog" for the "internet library", mobile AND otherwise.

Telnames template is finally the ideal "card" and all that is missing is a "catalog" of equal calibre.

We will then see BILLIONS of easily self-managed .tel's in a popular directory.

When we understand that a worthy Internet "card" + "catalog" is the key, the whole lot will get it.

Facebook's success shows the value of a social fad where BILLIONS (not a few) follow this logic, so we now must move on to a REAL global tool across all devices (as suggested from day 1).

In 3+ years the best we have today is a Telnames .tel "card" and the currently non-existent "catalog" for these cards of equal or greater value.

:)[/size]

Blunderer07-17-2012 08:53 PM

@Telrific,

"We get that you have a few fish to justify your position while literally HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of companies and individuals
    "self-manage" in a popular directory called Google everyday, and let's not forget the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS that do it in Facebook on top of that."

They don't need me then - or .tel.

"Telnames template is finally the ideal "card" and all that is missing is a "catalog" of equal calibre.

We will then see BILLIONS of easily self-managed .tel's in a popular directory."

Telnames template + sub domains + direct upload of images and video links + direct upload ad spaces + active links from the logo + individual sub folder style management + one click save and add to profile on the template = perfection. Then throw in a resellers package which supports user or agent management to provide a flexible package which encompasses geo directories = optimum.

But I don't have any of that. I don't even know if it is possible. I do what I can, at what I think is a fair price, and in doing so, provide good quality content for TelPages, and on my sites I invite viewers to use TelPages, which I hope will help engender confidence in it's value as a search engine - without which Telnames are left to float in the ether - having to compete against paid promotion and established SEO techniques.

Anyway, if we ignore all of that we are left with the purpose of this thread - new templates, and my response to Sumerlin's comment which was, in essence, that what it does is more important than what it looks like. All cat's are grey in the dark, and all .tels are pink and purple on a mobile phone, and its the mobile view, and the dedicated (clean) search engine which is selling them where I live.

dialaroom07-17-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25043)
    ...All cat's are grey in the dark, and all .tels are pink and purple on a mobile phone, and its the mobile view, and the dedicated (clean) search engine which is selling them where I live.

[size]
    Here too! 

What .tel is like on a mobile should be everyones main concern, not how near we can make it look like a fully hosted website. If that's what you want, why on earth are you using a .tel[/size]

Geo07-17-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 25044)
    Here too! 

What .tel is like on a mobile should be everyones main concern, not how near we can make it look like a fully hosted website. If that's what you want, why on earth are you using a .tel

[size]
    This is true. I'm using .Tel because I was able to get premium names that would cost $x,xxx,xxx in .com form and $xx,xxx in .info form. Also, because of the turnkey facility, that doesn't require $50 a year hosting on top of the name, plus countless hours of aggravation and fiddling with CMS, webhost security, etc. 

In my view, making .Tel proxy and Telhosting easier and more attractive and customizeable to use is a win/win/win for .Tel owners, registry, and visitors. I believe that Telnic understood this at one point - when they first ran the design contest... and they should take it much further, because if they did, I'm sure that with enough features everyone and their dog would want their own Tel... not to mention the big player domainers who would gobble them up. Now many are asking, what are they good for? I'm not sure what happened along the way... but I think that to make this work they have to think BIG.[/size]

telrific07-18-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25043)
    They don't need me then - or .tel.

[size]
    .TEL is always needed, and across all devices. .TEL is not any more "all about mobile" than websites are "all about desktops".

Just like any presence, a "multi-capability" beats a "single capability" no matter how you choose to use it, duh.

Quote:
    [/size]

"Telnames template is finally the ideal "card" and all that is missing is a "catalog" of equal calibre ... Then throw in a resellers package which supports user or agent management to provide a flexible package which encompasses geo directories = optimum.

[size]
    Agreed on the Reseller, have encouraged Affiliate style, but self-management is all that's needed with the simplicity of the Telnames template. Empowering and promoting impotence is wrong. If the customer disagrees you always have the power to purchase or put their .TEL in your account to manage it for them.

Quote:
    [/size]

But I don't have any of that. I don't even know if it is possible. I do what I can, at what I think is a fair price, and in doing so, provide good quality content for TelPages, and on my sites I invite viewers to use TelPages, which I hope will help engender confidence in it's value as a search engine - without which Telnames are left to float in the ether - having to compete against paid promotion and established SEO techniques.

[size]
    See above, you can do it today, simply charge them £25 and then buy/manage a Telname for them directly, then add the live Telnames .TEL to your standard Templates .TEL directory yourself if this your idea, but give them the full monte/monty, not a shakedown version, and no reason to destroy the single page version of Telnames, or destroy TelPages with garbage subdomains.

As for "left floating" without TelPages, of course, I've said that since early 2009 about the need for a good ship to encourage passengers and grow passenger counts. Deaf ears. And it should be passenger focused, not "fat" or "skinny" passenger focused, or some other bias. Top page only.
    Doing the customer and your directory justice as above, and this will prevent problems all the way around.

Quote:
    [/size]

Anyway, if we ignore all of that we are left with the purpose of this thread - new templates

[size]
    Yes, I know, I started it.

Quote:
    [/size]

and my response to Sumerlin's comment which was, in essence, that what it does is more important than what it looks like. All cat's are grey in the dark, and all .tels are pink and purple on a mobile phone, and its the mobile view, and the dedicated (clean) search engine which is selling them where I live.

[size]
    That's one side of the coin, use the above approach and again give them the full monte/monty.

1. Great .TEL - Telnames for the Business or Individual, best across ALL devices.
    2. Great .TEL "Subdirectory" - Standard Template listing the above, best across ALL devices and a significant Business Opportunity.
    3. Great .TEL Directory - 2nd Level .TEL ONLY to showcase the Face of ALL the Above.

:)[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:58 am