The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Car GPS System that is Dot Tel Compliant

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Car GPS System that is Dot Tel Compliant Empty Car GPS System that is Dot Tel Compliant

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:46 am

RonMunson08-03-2009 06:43 AM

Car GPS System that is Dot Tel Compliant

I'm driving in my car and press on a .tel button on my GPS system which causes my GPS system to ask in a sexy female voice 'Please say the dot tel you wish to drive to.'

Responding to the request I say the words 'Local Flowers'. The GPS System using voice recognition picks up my request and carefully displays the results on a touch screen that is part of the GPS system. Here is what the touch screen shows:

#1 LocalFlowers.tel
    #2 LocalFlower.tel
    #3 LocalFlowerShop.tel

It then reads the dot tel domains back to me that closely represent what I am looking for so that I don't have to rely on looking at the screen.

Number One LocalFlowers.tel
    Number Two LocalFlower.tel
    Number Three LocalFlowerShop.tel

I repeat with #1 or press the first result on the GPS touch screen.

The GPS system clicks in and instantly tells me the address. It then tells me to take a left at the next stop sign, guiding me to the fastest route to my location.

Flowers are bought and I arrive at my girlfriends place early. You can make your own ending to this .tel dream.

Anyways how far off of reality am I on this one? What will be the big barrier here if there is one? Voice recognition has come a long way recently and .tel's offer GPS pin points as destination points. :eek:

nadya08-03-2009 11:20 AM

I find that GPS and .tel integration are very useful features. 

Re your scenario: actualy LocalFlowers or LocalFlower .tel names mean nothing to me, how do I choose? I have no idea which one is nearest or offers the flowers I'm looking for. Perhaps, the best flowershop in the area is called 'Chivers'. It has all the keywords and text to describe themselves, and 'Chivers.tel' is their brand and .tel. Should they be shown on my list? Yes, if they are near and offer the service. 

In my version of your dream, I'd have the GPS do a simple search and show me all flowershops with .tels in the area or near to the route I'm currently following. Adding that pinpoint to my current route will take me to the shop.

OnSpec08-03-2009 12:01 PM

Ron, I like your way of thinking. We gotta get you to come to TelCamp Toronto 1...

Cheers,

RonMunson08-03-2009 06:32 PM

@Nadya

Sorry I should have been more clear. When I was saying 'Local Flowers' I was referring to a person in their vehicle replacing 'Local' with their local area. If I am in Edmonton, I would have said 'Edmonton Flowers' and the results would have been displayed based on what the voice recognition software picks up and searches for.

Alternatively if I know of a company I would probably have said the name of the company instead and a search would have been conducted looking for that company name.

GPS systems today could really benefit using the .TEL technology. Pulling your car over and typing addresses into your GPS systems is a big drawback for such systems.

Domains assisted web browsing so why can't it assist other things such as GPS location? .TEL is the technology and voice recognition is something that is getting more and more powerful every day.

Google and Microsoft have put a lot of money into voice recognition in the last decade. It will be perfected and this is a perfect example of where it would be handy.

RonMunson08-03-2009 06:37 PM

@OnSpec

I'm always ahead of the curve especially when it comes to domaining. Do you have any shows in Vancouver?

I have a few exciting Dot Tel applications currently being created that should create a buzzzz.

OnSpec08-05-2009 11:38 PM

Vancouver... not yet ;-)

Exciting applications... we need to chat.

Cheers,

RonMunson08-07-2009 07:44 PM

I'm working away on it as we speak.

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 2:19 pm