The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

DotTel Adverts - Add within TelHosting

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

DotTel Adverts - Add within TelHosting Empty DotTel Adverts - Add within TelHosting

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:48 am

mikeseaton08-29-2009 03:25 AM

DotTel Adverts - Add within TelHosting

The recent announcement of DotTel being able to carry adverts was great news - but it 
    was disappointing to hear that DotTel users would not (at least for the moment) be able to add these adverts into their DotTel site using the TelHosting system.

There are a lot of business orientated people (such as domainers) who see DotTel as an ideal opportunity to produce structured information, for example restaurant guides, sport club directories etc. but will not purchase DotTels, or continue to renew them, withour a clear monetization route.

It's not realistic to suggest that people will pay for entries into a DotTel guide, since until a critical mass is reached in terms of the number of entries and search engine visibility, paid inclusion is unlikely to appeal.

What is needed is the ability to add AdSense style pay-per-click ads (as the announcement promised) BUT without having to get involved in programming i.e. it should be a simple matter of copying and pasting within TelHosting.

Please Telnic can we have an entry in the roadmap at http://telnic.org/community-roadmap.html which shows Adverts being able to be added within TelHosting.

Shahid08-29-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 1183)
    What is needed is the ability to add AdSense style pay-per-click ads (as the announcement promised) BUT without having to get involved in programming i.e. it should be a simple matter of copying and pasting within TelHosting.

[size]

Exactly, i personally have no knowledge of programing or what so ever, and if i wanted to add ads there it should be as simple as creating a .tel page for my self.

we all need to understand .tel is targeting real people ( out of which 90% people have no knowledge of or programing, since .tel claims to be easy to use and hassle free programing the adverts should also be allowed in telhosting which will not only help a normal person set it up but also boost .tel sales and i hope it does reach 1 billion .tel users before 2011 instead of being predicted by 2013[/size]

nadya08-29-2009 01:29 PM

Hi Mike,

Adverts can be added in TelHosting, just not the web interface at the moment. 

I'm sure that a professional or company building a commercial directory with paid listings can develop a simple script that will put adverts they want where they want them. After all, if it's a proper directory, it's unlikely to be filled in using the web panel - there'll be a mechanism to enter data from an external database or other source. Adverts are no more difficult. Plus, there are many ways in which adverts can work: they can be static or dynamic, random or relating to the content of the current folder, from one or multiple sources, fed by the data in the directory itself ('premium super listing: your business in this folder plus an ad in 10' type offer) or from an external service, etc. In fact, the sky's the limit!

Telnic has provided a guide for entering adverts with sample code that any developer can re-use to write the required script in a couple of hours. With such a straight route, placing ads on your .tel can be provided as a service or as a standalone application that anybody can use. You remember TelStats - the log data is provided in a standard format, and you can use any number of standard or .tel-oriented analyzers to view it. Similar possibilities open up with advertising. 

Telnic remains open and attentive to requests from the community, however. We'd like to focus on our current roadmap to implement those features first. Once we're there, .tel will be an even more versatile and attractive product. We will then be able to define a new set of goals and features, and who knows what those will be

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-29-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 1193)
    Adverts can be added in TelHosting, just not the web interface at the moment. 
    I'm sure that a professional or company building a commercial directory with paid listings can develop a simple script that will put adverts they want where they want them. ... In fact, the sky's the limit!

[size]
    To clarify, adverts can be added via TelHosting SOAP interface. We (TelMasters) will be developing a solution for inserting ads soon and possibly an ad server and will announce them as soon as we need people to help test. 
    Mark[/size]

tony mayo08-30-2009 08:20 PM

That's great news Mark. Keep us posted.
    Tony Mayo
    mayo.tel

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:43 am