The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Logical feature to add: automatic address mapping

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Logical feature to add: automatic address mapping Empty Logical feature to add: automatic address mapping

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:58 am

JLouisBiz12-29-2009 07:30 PM

Logical feature to add: automatic address mapping

Dot Tel has "Business Address" and Address features, but also Google Map.

In order to save and spare my time, please add feature: Click to Map:

Beside every address in the control panel could be small button (Map It), once clicked, Google Map would be set, by using address data of that particular entry.

It is waste of time to repeat entry into the "Business Address", or Address and then again into the Google Map.

mactel12-29-2009 09:30 PM

The dot tel domain will soon have Google Maps directly displayed (a map, not a link) on its main .tel page and subdomains. We should go from there. That will be in about three months.
    I guess, that "every address" will be displayed on its own subdomain, and therefore will have Google Maps directly displayed (a map, not a link) on that .tel subdomain. 
    So, the Google map will be already there, with eacht address, and would not need a small button to pop it up. 
    It will be all there, and you won't need a button, link, and having to click on it... - "Business Address" and it's related Google map will be there, at first sight.

JLouisBiz12-29-2009 10:07 PM

Yes, displayed on end user domain, but I am speaking of administrative interface.

1. I have to put address in Google Map in admin interface, click SEARCH, Set it.
    2. I have to put address in the Address (Keywords). Same address for both.

I would like:

1. I put address in the address (for keywords).
    2. I put several addresses.
    3. I click on small button "Map it" or something, and it gets mapped in Google, without entering again the whole address.

Do you understand now? 

Some companies have 2-3 addresses on same page, one is postbox, other is main office, other is branch in same city. I should decide which address is to be mapped on Google, by clicking "Map this one" or similar. I don't like that addresses are chosen automatically.

I have hundreds of addresses to enter. If I have 600 addresses to enter by hand, even by copy and paste, I have 600 actions to enter DOUBLE, instead of simply clicking once on some small button beside the address.

Imagine those people which actually have to type addresses and which are not fast in typing. That increases and developes the traffic and work of those people. Thousands of domains, thousands of entries and thousands of hours lost just because address has to be repeated.

mactel12-30-2009 01:46 AM

I understand, more or less, about 80%.

Well, the situation is, that we had a .tel domain to start with, which I compare withe a "Tissot", or "Omega" watch.

Now, you come, and are quasi making plans for a "Jaeger-leCoultre Aston Martin" watch: The AMVOX2. 

He wants the ".TEL/AMVOX2", too:
    http://www.telnic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493
    And that is the only watch, you could compare with what you and other developers here, would like .tel to be. Well, that is fine. 

But I have no doubt: The dot tel domain will be for domains, what the AMVOX2 is, within all wrist watches: A stunning piece of (mobile) technology (not much digital, but only to show you...), that has a lot of breathtaking features.

I think the domain and the watch will have a lot in common: Spirit, character, good looks, and a lot more. One of its kind.

But we will probably be somewhere there, where you would like .tel to be. Maybe not that fast. But it looks like, soon.
    Well, soon you might be able to control and configure your .tel with your wrist watch.
    Just like preparing your sports car for a ride, via your wrist watch.
    I am sure, that this blogger will publish a article about the dot tel domain, soon, because .tel is gonna get realy cool and trendy...:
    http://blog.duncanquinn.com/?m=200910

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 12:06 pm