The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Feature/Improvement Request

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Feature/Improvement Request Empty Feature/Improvement Request

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:07 am

dottel01-06-2010 10:31 AM

Feature/Improvement Request

• Anchor Text for links (I do not want to display my 99 character url as is, i prefer to have a anchor text. Even from SE point of view anchor text plays vital role in promotion).
    • Ability to change the default "Keywords" text for the additional information header. At the moment even if I add business information it shows "Keywords" as the heading for that section which does not look professional.

[size]

may be others can add their request to this thread I will update post with those newly submitted request.

Hope we will have all at one place?[/size]

maximka01-06-2010 12:09 PM

►► I would like to have possibility to add "Contact Information" also under the "Keywords". Or at least to have a possibility to add there a link to another page of that tel. In such way it would be possible after reading the "keywords" text, by one click to go to another page.

It will look in this way:
    Text header
    Contact Information
    Keywords
    Contact Information (Link go to a .tel)

►► The dream is to have a possibility to add there such blocks - as many as you need: 

Text header
    Contact Information
    Keywords
    Contact Information (Note or Link)

Then, perhaps, it would be possible to fix a right order of texts. Then the page will look:

1. Text header
    Contact Information
    Keywords/TEXT

2. Text header
    ---
    Keywords/TEXT

3. Keywords/TEXT

4. Keywords/TEXT

5. Text header
    ---
    Keywords/TEXT

6. ............................

►► Also I personally would like to have more than 2000 characters in the "keywords" text.

dialaroom01-06-2010 02:56 PM

Seamless integration of .tels

Add a goto from inside your .tel and the result is the directory name with a Capital letter first, which looks very good. e.g. 
    Dial a Room
    England

Add a goto to a directory in another .tel and the result is the whole url (minus the "http://" bit) with an initial lower case letter, which looks untidy and rather odd when the two are listed beneath each other. e.g.
    Dial a Room
    ireland-dialaroom.tel

With the restriction in number of folders available per .tel, any large directory will have to buy add on .tels to increase capacity. My rather small .tel dream would be for all goto's to appear the same. Or maybe I'm just being fussy?

maximka01-06-2010 09:11 PM

►► Perhaps it would be nice to have a possibility to hide some pages from robots - for example "Terms & Conditions" are needed, but they are the same for all domains. So it would be better to have them, but to hide that page from robot's indexation. 

►► I don't like that this window appears on all pages - it will be enough to put it only to the home page, by my opinion:

Private data may be available. 
    To view, click here.

Also it would be nice if this window would not be the course of the narrowing of the page's text.

Shahid01-06-2010 09:45 PM

i would like the free text limit to be more then 2000, also the window where we write should be expandable as it hard to put information in a small window so if its resizeable one can use it accordingly

maximka01-06-2010 11:23 PM

►►Would be nice, if for folders and contacts it would be possible to click at any part of the sign - including the oval button itself, not only at the part that is of the gray color - as it is now. For example, at my enamel.tel click works only if we click at the letters in gray color, and do not works, if we click at purple letters:
    [size=32]۞
    Manufactures and sellers of jewelry-enamel powder or lumps 
    Jewelry Enamel

►►Also, if in the panel, the buttons "Hide advanced options", "Cancel" and "Save" would be placed not below but above, perhaps it would be faster and easier to edit information.

.[/size]

tony mayo01-07-2010 01:08 AM

Anchor text ASAP.
    Long urls spoil the look of the page.

tel4rent01-07-2010 09:47 AM

Hello All,

Happy New year to all:D

New features/improvement request:

• Be able to change the round logo on the right of each folder
    • Prefix logo design (for example) to indicate restaurants, airport, cafe, accomodation, hotels (like the road signs), clubs, nighclubs,bus, metro station...easy navigation for mobile phone
    • add logos on the top page
    • Option to shorten the link directly within control panel function
    • Possibility to toggle between two languages (on the fly)
    • Directional change for arabic language (right to left)

[size]

That's what i have in mind so far.

thanks, tel4rent[/size]

Howard01-07-2010 11:17 AM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. As you say dottel, it's good to have them all in one place. Please do bear in mind, however, that there is a new proxy page currently in development as you all know, so with regards to many of these suggestions they may not apply, or you may not feel the same way with the new design, so this exercise will probably need to be rerun once the design has been released.

Once comment - maximka - your suggestion in the second post. Would these additional contacts in the keywords sections not sit more comfortable in their own subfolders where they could have many contact items?

maximka01-07-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 4247)
    Once comment - maximka - your suggestion in the second post. Would these additional contacts in the keywords sections not sit more comfortable in their own subfolders where they could have many contact items?

[size]
    By my opinion, current contacts - and the place there they are now - are good. 

My idea was to add an "additional contact" under the "keywords". That "additional contact" includes only function of a contact "go to a .tel". The purpose of this additional contact is to allow user after reading text in the "keywords" by one click at that additional contact to go to another page (or pages). 

For example we are at page.tel:
    keyword text -keyword text -keyword text -

"additional contact 1" ۞ - if you are a male, click here (redirects to page1.page.tel)
    "additional contact 2" ۞ - if you are a female, click here (redirects to page2.page.tel)
    "additional contact 3" ۞ - if you are a spammer, click here (redirects to page3.page.tel)

After reading the text we can choose and go to page1.page.tel or to page2.page.tel or to page3.page.tel .

.[/size]

maximka01-07-2010 03:46 PM

Perhaps there are also needed 3-4 butttons set by default at the bottom of each TEL- page.

1. First button - "Page Up". If the text in "keywords" will be big enough, then it would be much quicker to return from the bottom to the beginning of the page by one single click. Now it is easy to do at computer, but it can be not easy at mobil phone.

2. Second button - "Go to the home Page".

3. Third - "Go to the previous Page"

4. "Go to the previous .TEL"

For place saving, of course, it would be better all these buttons to place in one row horizontally, like this: 1۞ 2۞ 3۞ 4۞

All this can save time when using TEL.

tel4rent01-08-2010 12:17 AM

Also, if we could add on the web site the date and time of the last update.

thanks

maximka01-08-2010 03:21 PM

Its me again.

At the right top of tel-page we have Telnic's logo. It is just a picture and it has any function now. If it would be possible to change it to a button clicking at which we will open a window of Telfriens, then that window we will see only then when we really need it. And then that window do not trouble us at all other times.

This window ↓↓↓
    "Private data may be available.
    To view, click here."

mikeseaton01-08-2010 04:41 PM

Anchor Text will help encourage the sale of Dot Tels

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 4199)
    Anchor Text for links (I do not want to display my 99 character url as is, i prefer to have a anchor text. Even from SE point of view anchor text plays vital role in promotion).

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 4241)
    Anchor text ASAP.
    Long urls spoil the look of the page.

[size]
    Ditto - Anchor Text on web links from MyDomain.tel to MyDomain.com would be a very good SEO reason for Dot Com (and other extensions) owners to purchase their corresponding Dot Tel.

At around £10 a year I believe many Dot Com etc owners would consider the resultant link juice well worth it - before the many other Dot Tel benefits are even factored in.

Mike Seaton[/size]

nadya01-08-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 4251)
    Perhaps there are also needed 3-4 butttons set by default at the bottom of each TEL- page.

1. First button - "Page Up". If the text in "keywords" will be big enough, then it would be much quicker to return from the bottom to the beginning of the page by one single click. Now it is easy to do at computer, but it can be not easy at mobil phone.

2. Second button - "Go to the home Page".

3. Third - "Go to the previous Page"

4. "Go to the previous .TEL"

For place saving, of course, it would be better all these buttons to place in one row horizontally, like this: 1۞ 2۞ 3۞ 4۞

All this can save time when using TEL.

[size]
    I think you don't need those previous and next buttons as long as there are breadcrumbs, in the same way that they are at the bottom of the page. I think for really long directories, a repetition of the breadcrumbs at the bottom can save some scrolling. However, for shorter pages, it'll look unnecessary, and as long as there is a unified template for all .tel pages and breadcrumbs are automatic, there is no way to switch them on or off.[/size]

tel4rent01-12-2010 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
    I have mentioned the below on other threads but never go a reply. Anyway, is there a chance that the button/logo on the site (next to each topic like telephone, fax etc...) be changeable or customizable?

For example, for restaurant we could put the standard sign for it, same for accomodations, shopping center, metro stations etc...Like the one we see on the street....

i have attached a file as example.

Be well.

Shahid01-12-2010 08:46 PM

would love the icons

tel4rent01-13-2010 03:28 PM

I guess we need to wait for the new telhosting software to know

maximka01-14-2010 08:30 PM

One feature improvement needed for backups. Twice I had to recover my directory using "backups" and I noticed that all time the empty lines between paragraphs in the text after backups disappear like this -

I saved such a text using backup:
    xxxxxxxxxx
    aaaaaaaaaa
    bbbbbbbbbb

xxxxxxxxx
    ccccccccc
    ddddddddd

xxxxxxxxx
    fffffffffffffffffffff
    ggggggggg

After recovery with backup I got this:
    xxxxxxxxxx
    aaaaaaaaaa
    bbbbbbbbbb

xxxxxxxxx
    ccccccccc
    ddddddddd

xxxxxxxxx
    fffffffffffffffffffff
    ggggggggg

maximka01-15-2010 11:40 AM

Also, in Telhosting Panel, in "Edit Settings", "Backup / restore domain", this sentence can be detailed more:

"Backup
    Select the domain(s) to backup. All your data, including profiles, friends and folders will be included and saved to your compiuter's memory" - or something like that.

Not for all users of .tel the English is their native language, and not all of them know the nuances of computerizing, so perhaps, it is better to explain all important things in plain words, clearly and with all necessary details.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Feature/Improvement Request Empty Re: Feature/Improvement Request

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:08 am

tel4rent01-17-2010 05:11 PM

Offline Directory

It would be great if the directory could be used offline and sync when it connects again. 

Scenario:

1- Access directory.tel from my iphone while access to internet is available;
    2- Save it as an offline directory ( you could set to what level of subfolders you want to save);
    3- Disconnect (or if internet is weak or lost);
    4- Keep on using the directory to call the businesses;
    5- Next time you are online and u connect, it could ask if you want to sync or update;

Also,

a function for SMS the link to a friend.

Scenario:

1- Searching for a list of doctors in your area;
    2- Found the doctor address etc...;
    3- SMS the current card or link to a friend

Be well.

mobiletel03-06-2010 08:18 AM

Mobile device detection / stylesheets

• I would like to see better device detection for mobile phones. For example, an iPhone and many other phones using Opera Mini can see pictures quite well. I am seeing the word "icon" instead of a logo, and a link to the picture, which is on another server.
    • It would be nice to have some sort of stylesheet for mobile phones. This is just plain black and white, most phones could handle more.
    • Echoing others, anchor text is very important, especially for cleaning up long url's and affiliate links
    • Anchor text for phone numbers; In other words, in the US, we write out phone numbers like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx and don't use a +1 - it would be nice to see an option for US phone number formatting.

[size]

Thanks![/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 8:11 pm