The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Quick Guide: making cross links

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Quick Guide: making cross links Empty Quick Guide: making cross links

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:01 am

edjeplanet02-02-2010 11:49 AM

Quick Guide: making cross links

By combining links to cancel.tel, SOS1.tel and numbers.tel I've created a Quick Guide to Europe. Wherever you are on the continent, whether you've lost your credit card, need to make an emergency phone call or just want to search for a phone number, you can always go to http://EuropeanPlanet.tel or http://EuPl.tel (short cut). Just click a few times on your mobile phone, and you have contact! 

I think it's a nice example of how cross .tel links can create added value. Europe is a great aggregation level. Many .tel domains that are global in reach distinguish between Asia, America, Africa, etc. and Europe. As soon as developers build such a domain I can zoom in on the European continent and make links to each country included. It's another way of guiding users to the pieces of work of others. I'm sure they will be happy with this since it helps them promoting their domains.

If you are developing a .tel domain with a European component you might consider informing me. I can make cross links to your domain and can help you bringing attention to the launch of your domain. The European Planet project is in its very early stage and doesn't have a traditional website yet. At the moment European Planet has 4,294 followers on Twitter, and it has been listed 88 times. Every week about 10 to 15 followers are added to the directory of European followers with a relevant profile.

One of the followers, by the way (his name is Mathew Lowry, see http://mathew.blogactiv.eu), brought to my attention that the European Commission claims that there is only one European emergency number, and that is 112. The only thing you need to do, wherever you are in the EU, is calling 112! See http://bit.ly/awm4p4. I must admit that I'm a bit confused by this: is SOS1.tel not completely accurate or has the EU policy not been implemented? If you have any information, please let me (us) know.

Edwin van Rooyen
    www.edje.tel

François02-02-2010 12:22 PM

SOS1.tel is accurate

Hi Edwin and all!

SOS1.tel is, to the best of my knowledge, accurate.

If 112 is indeed the official sole emergency number in EU countries, most previous emergency numbers (like 15 or 18 in France) are still in service, and some emergency services cannot be reached dialling 112.

That is why SOS1.tel also lists numbers for hotlines like Suicide Help, Stolen Cell Phones, Abused Children, etc.

Warm regards,

tony mayo02-02-2010 12:26 PM

I believe that cross .tel links such as edgeplanet has outlined above are one of the great strengths of .tel. It's navigational features are going to make it possible to link global communications in a web 0:0 way as Telnic like to refer to .tel. 
    Imagine being able to call up phone numbers or other links in for example China on your mobile by a few simple clicks. It's only the start and there are many smart developers out there who are going to find very innovative ways of bringing all this to a wider audience. 
    Well done edgeplanet. You are one of the true pioneers of .tel and for anyone who has not visited europeanplanet.tel they should take a few minutes to check it out and see a very original and innovative use of .tel to make real-time and useful Europe-related information easily accessible to a global audience.
    mayo.tel hickey.tel

mactel02-02-2010 12:39 PM

"More development for .tel" = "More value for .tel, because more useful and more mainstream conform": Bingo!

"More value" = "More interest in usage and more widely spread usage."
    As well as, more sales, and higher auction and resell prices.

Conclusion: Higher demand for .tel (registering, using, bidding and buying, etc.).

maximka02-02-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by François (Post 5050)
    If 112 is indeed the official sole emergency number in EU countries...

[size]
    François, may be you know the answer - if we want to call from one EU country, France, for example, to 112 General Emergency Number in other EU country, Spain, for example, then do we need to call "+112" or we need to add code of Spain and then call "+34112" ? 

In www.sos1.tel all numbers are without "+". Is it not necessary to add it? In my Tels I write it.

.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 12:06 pm