The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Sponsored ad - auto switch on date

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Sponsored ad - auto switch on date Empty Sponsored ad - auto switch on date

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:25 am

Bunjie03-03-2011 08:44 PM

Sponsored ad - auto switch on date

It would be nice when we enter sponsored ads, (in the new control panel) we can set a date and when that date arrives it will auto switch to a second entry we added at the same time or default entry so we don't need to go back unless we're specifically going to add a new ad to that subdomain section.

Sure I can do it with the api but why? it's your core service.

Specifying a default ad will allow us to save time by updating one that sets off a chain update, like when we add images, if I add the same url image on every sub domain I only need to change the advert pic.

The same should be for sponsored ads that pulls one default entry that I can switch when I feel like it, that's recursive down wind.

Or over ride in that sub domain section record.

I know you said you don't want masses of duplicate entrys, but I'm doing that anyway so in a sense it would make more sense to find a solution to pull one stored record from the top domain on to every subdomain if none exist.

My legitimate reason for doing that is so I can catch a signup from any entry point on my .tel

Quote:

Click to Join Second Life. It's FREE! Join now >>
    Explore, Role Play and Experience Steampunk, Join Now!.
    join.secondlife.com

[size]
    So why force me to store duplicate entrys that take up my space when I could have a default with one click?

Or perhaps you could give us a full ad management section with a dynamic calendar so we can set ads to auto switch months and years in advance?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-03-2011 10:45 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with having default records especially for ads (- both image and text and a default icon for all subdomains too. The effort required by us, with or without bulk tools needs to be minimized through recursive use of single default records. Please, Telnic make this a reality.

BTW, don't agree with the date though as the Tel proxy isn't suited for lots of options. That could be handled with dynamic ads I've been experimenting with.

Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 12:05 pm