The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Tel Image Ad Poll

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tel Image Ad Poll Empty Tel Image Ad Poll

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:44 am

View Poll Results: Which image add rendering option would you like to see implemented by Telnic?
    Separate ads for both mobile and desktop proxies (status quo, no change to how it works today)Tel Image Ad Poll Bar2-lTel Image Ad Poll Bar2Tel Image Ad Poll Bar2-rTel Image Ad Poll Clear111.11%
    Use desktop image ad for both, unless when mobile ad exists, override on mobile.Tel Image Ad Poll Bar3-lTel Image Ad Poll Bar3Tel Image Ad Poll Bar3-rTel Image Ad Poll Clear555.56%
    CTH option to control how mobile and desktop ads are rendered when only one exists.Tel Image Ad Poll Bar4-lTel Image Ad Poll Bar4Tel Image Ad Poll Bar4-rTel Image Ad Poll Clear333.33%
    Voters: 9. This poll is closed

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tel Image Ad Poll Empty Re: Tel Image Ad Poll

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:45 am

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-17-2011 02:38 PM

Tel Image Ad Poll

How would you like to see image ads implemented? The issue is having to maintain two sets of image ads for mobile and desktop proxies. Since image ads are resized anyways, having sets for desktop and mobile proxies is just extra work. IMO, if a desktop ad exists and there is no mobile ad, then render the desktop ad on the mobile. In my experience, the slight change in resolution doesnt affect anything.

So which would you prefer ?

Mark

TelRise08-17-2011 03:48 PM

I think the CTH option would be best, as sometimes an image ad could point to a site which is useful on a desktop, but not suitable for a mobile viewer. In this case the option to have no ad appear on the mobile page could avoid frustration when a visitor clicks an ad leading to a virtually unreadable site.

mikeseaton08-17-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TelRise (Post 16822)
    I think the CTH option would be best, as sometimes an image ad could point to a site which is useful on a desktop, but not suitable for a mobile viewer. In this case the option to have no ad appear on the mobile page could avoid frustration when a visitor clicks an ad leading to a virtually unreadable site.

[size]
    In theory this sounds a good idea, but in practice you will end up with a large amount of unused ad space on the mobile version of your .tel - many advertisers placing mobile phone ads take you to a conventional web site, rather than one they have specially written to display on mobile phones.

Of course if the advertiser chose to link their Ad URL to a .tel they would not have to consider what type of device their ad was displaying on at all.

Mike Seaton[/size]

boracay.tel08-18-2011 11:57 AM

It could save time for the multi domain publisher. 
    However the mobile and desktop are 2 very different beasts. I am creating .png high resolution desktop versions of my image ads, and although similar in look for mobile, the mobile image ads are very LOW resolution .jpeg

Also, in more than 20% of boracay.tel's URL pages, there are specifically NO mobile image ads (yet, for the exact same desktop page URL's, the image ads DO exist).

There are definitely user cases to have a very separate handling of mobile and desktop image ads.
    Cheers

tel4rent08-18-2011 02:34 PM

Hi All,

I haven't voted because i am not too sure if i go it right reading the options.

Anyway, my thoughts:

- If desktop image exist and same should display in mob...then it should resize automatically. But we should have the option to point the banner to two different things. For example to a web site for desktop banner and to a telephone number on mobile banner.

Be well

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-18-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 16860)
    Hi All,
    - If desktop image exist and same should display in mob...then it should resize automatically. 

But we should have the option to point the banner to two different things. For example to a web site for desktop banner and to a telephone number on mobile banner.

[size]
    To different destination can be done now using CALLTO: as the href (via Quick Update tool). All options would allow this at any rate. As for auto resize, that would be great minor improvement. On my B/B it doesn't resize probably due to RIM software.

Mark[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 6:23 pm