The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Privacy Poll - Serious Question

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Privacy Poll - Serious Question Empty Privacy Poll - Serious Question

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 4:22 pm

View Poll Results: How Secure Do Believe .TEL PRIVATE Information Is ?
    Extremely Secure - I Am Not At All Worried About Private Information In My .TELPrivacy Poll - Serious Question Bar2-lPrivacy Poll - Serious Question Bar2Privacy Poll - Serious Question Bar2-rPrivacy Poll - Serious Question Clear758.33%
    Somewhat Secure - I Have Reservations About Private Information Being DiscoveredPrivacy Poll - Serious Question Bar3-lPrivacy Poll - Serious Question Bar3Privacy Poll - Serious Question Bar3-rPrivacy Poll - Serious Question Clear325.00%
    Not At All Secure - I Will Never Put Anything Except Public Information In A .TELPrivacy Poll - Serious Question Bar4-lPrivacy Poll - Serious Question Bar4Privacy Poll - Serious Question Bar4-rPrivacy Poll - Serious Question Clear216.67%
    Voters: 12.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Privacy Poll - Serious Question Empty Re: Privacy Poll - Serious Question

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 4:23 pm

telrific03-29-2011 11:54 PM

Privacy Poll - Serious Question

In promoting .TEL I run across this very often, and in spite of attempts to alleviate concerns, and so I would like to ask the forum a very simple question.

Given that .TEL has the ability for public and private information display,
    please vote as to how secure you believe your PRIVATE information is.

Thanks.

Bunjie03-30-2011 04:52 AM

No one can get to your private info unless you hand them the login code, or they're an admin though someone did ask for a 2 step authentication login, I think that might be practical on the control panel in some form.

Yahoo uses that choose a pic thing.

But what's the worst you can add that's private? an email address or a web link? as far as I'm aware we can't hide the more info section which would have made sense if you wanted to share your real life address with only freinds and family.

That's an issue someone should look at and is what I expected .tel to let me do! hide my address and only share it with friends and family.

The same issue that Google Map location has, you can't hide that to only friends and family, which is a major issue no one seems to care about, yet .tel is touted as a solution to share private info with only friends and family, it's a JOKE! as far as I'm concerned.

So am I right in seeing no privacy controls on more info or did I miss a button?

But I voted that it was secure and it is, the part they actualy care to secure.

Simon G03-30-2011 12:45 PM

.tel privacy has 1028bit security as far as I'm aware, so no concerns with this. So as long as the system is secure the encryption should hold it together.

Agree with bunjie if this is the case (not checked myself) The loc record should have a privacy option is there a reason it does not?

dottel03-30-2011 03:51 PM

Nothing is 100% safe

read http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...ificate_attack

telrific03-31-2011 05:14 AM

Thanks to everyone who has voted !

There seems to be a divergence and a consensus at the same time.

Pretty much what I am getting off-forum, only in reverse.

Trust will come in time it appears !

Simon G03-31-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Nothing is 100% safe 

read http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...ificate_attack

[size]
    totally agree, I think the general rule with the internet is if you dont want it public dont publish it. This includes emails no matter how secure.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 10:36 pm