The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

YP should start using .TEL

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

YP should start using .TEL Empty YP should start using .TEL

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:01 am

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-04-2011 04:43 PM

YP should start using .TEL

I just started reading this article about how Yellow Pages Canada is failing badly. I imagine competition from online directories has something to do with it. But seems to me that .tel could be the answer. I'll comment after I read it but wanted to share now.

A quote "It’s evident to anyone not living in a cave that Yellow Pages could not dominate the age of Google as it dominated the age of the rotary phone.".
    Mark

tel4rent11-04-2011 04:48 PM

Interesting Mark. Thanks for sharing...

mikeseaton11-04-2011 04:59 PM

Very timely article - this quote says it all:

"The Yellow Pages brand has been in consumers’ homes ever since the books included instructions on how to use a telephone, and “Corsets” and “Snuff” were among the category headings. Small and medium-sized businesses in particular have seen a spot in the books as a must. And for good reason: There was, in fact, no other handy way for consumers to find local suppliers of goods and services."

Certainly seems like an opportunity for .tel re local search provision - but opportunities need to be seized - if not someone else will !

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-04-2011 04:59 PM

YP Canada says they've created over 10,000 websites for their SMB customers and they do SEO services to get them to the top of Google. But that comes with a cost. Here's the cost for a hairdresser from the Maritimes: This year, she’ll still be spending $800 to $1,000 per month in advertising—between print and digital—with Yellow. 
    Mark

mikeseaton11-04-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18882)
    YP Canada says they've created over 10,000 websites for their SMB customers and they do SEO services to get them to the top of Google. But that comes with a cost. Here's the cost for a hairdresser from the Maritimes: This year, she’ll still be spending $800 to $1,000 per month in advertising—between print and digital—with Yellow.

[size]
    Why on earth aren't small businesses worldwide falling over themselves to register .tels at 10 bucks a throw ?

Is it because they don't know about .tel ?

Is it because .tel is too restricted compared to other TLDs ?

Is it because they don't like the look of the current templates ?

Is it because updating via the CTH is too difficult for them ?

Is it because .tel is not seen as "cool" ?

It can't be the cost - $10 is nothing to a SMB - so what is the reason ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

stel11-04-2011 05:52 PM

Most people don't use .tels because they are not aware of .tel

As a person who follows .tel, I also can't advice people in good faith to get one anymore, except if they need a digital business card: marketing and progress has been very slow otherwise, and worse than that: if you type to search for "x" or "x.tel" in Telpages, x.tel is not even always on the first page of results. Furthermore, from the past discussions on the forum I have reasons to believe that this was a conscious (but probably very bad) idea from the people who designed Telpages- the fact that the search algorithm seems unpredictable takes away significantly from the value of the .tel domains and the idea of a global directory or any crowdsourcing that could have been associated with it by directory builders.... 

I am very curious if anything significant will be done to change and promote .tel next year before I drop all my domains starting around April of next year... Good luck to everybody!

telrific11-04-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18877)
    I just started reading this article about how Yellow Pages Canada is failing badly. I imagine competition from online directories has something to do with it. But seems to me that .tel could be the answer. I'll comment after I read it but wanted to share now.

A quote "It’s evident to anyone not living in a cave that Yellow Pages could not dominate the age of Google as it dominated the age of the rotary phone.".
    Mark

[size]
    You know it !

I check regularly at the Local Search Association to watch news in the space.

The official launch of Yellow Pages online is only now happening in many countries.

Brand new launch last Monday - http://www.yp.com.bn/

This simply means that a ton of money is still being spent on the "yellow" recognition, for very good reasons.

The opportunity to fully capitalize on the "Yellow" and ".tel" is where a "Big Win" lies.

Put these two together globally and you have a winner.

This again is the exact concept behind "Yellow Search" - From the Global "Is" to the Global "Can Be" ...

TelPages will always have the "Yellow and White" together, but taking "Yellow" and leading the World there first with .TEL and a Yellow brand ... Wow.

:cool:[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-04-2011 06:07 PM

After reading the article and a lot of the comments, the way YP operates in Canada seems to be a big rip-off to the customer. I suppose that can extrapolate to the rest of the YP's. I sure hope Telnic's former YP exec is capitalizing on this and trying tirelessly to introduce .tel to a major YP player. 2,000 new regs here and 8,000 regs there from YP's is nice, but to get real exposure we need 100,000.
    Mark

mikeseaton11-04-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stel (Post 18887)
    Most people don't use .tels because they are not aware of .tel

As a person who follows .tel, I also can't advice people in good faith to get one anymore, except if they need a digital business card: marketing and progress has been very slow otherwise, and worse than that: if you type to search for "x" or "x.tel" in Telpages, x.tel is not even always on the first page of results. Furthermore, from the past discussions on the forum I have reasons to believe that this was a conscious (but probably very bad) idea from the people who designed Telpages- the fact that the search algorithm seems unpredictable takes away significantly from the value of the .tel domains and the idea of a global directory or any crowdsourcing that could have been associated with it by directory builders.... 

I am very curious if anything significant will be done to change and promote .tel next year before I drop all my domains starting around April of next year... Good luck to everybody!

[size]
    Hi Stel,

There are alternative .tel search engines if you're not ok with TelPages - http://www.net-link.com/tel is one I developed (using the Google database).

Sorry to hear - but fully understand why - you're planning to drop your .tels next April if no real progress is made in the coming months.

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton11-04-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18889)
    I sure hope Telnic's former YP exec is capitalizing on this and trying tirelessly to introduce .tel to a major YP player. 2,000 new regs here and 8,000 regs there from YP's is nice, but to get real exposure we need 100,000.

[size]
    Now that would be a nice Christmas present to all forum members !

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific11-04-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 18885)
    Why on earth aren't small businesses worldwide falling over themselves to register .tels at 10 bucks a throw ?

Mike Seaton

[size]
    How about "All the above, and more" ...

Still needs to be the "best" directory, with the "best" listings.

If the chicken and the egg argument is going to last forever, realize this:

IF I think a .TEL is right for me, I will need to be proud of it as a total representation of me.

Rich features, yes, video included, but essentially "All the above, and more" ... will get people moving and USING their .TEL "in public".

:)[/size]

dialaroom11-04-2011 08:40 PM

As an aside, I just wondered what the percentage of unpopulated .tels is compared to .coms. Sorry probably not an easy question to answer, but what's a best guess from this forum.

I ask this because if only ten percent of .tels are populated, they will never become well known without huge budget advertising will they? Which makes almost all of the other 90% pretty worthless as pure investments, Doesn't it?

Not sure where I'm going with this, just sort of thinking out loud, but is there a way, as most unpopulated .tels have the same unchanged boring, grey template that Telnic could not tweak, just that template to the benefit of the whole. Some sort of viral message, easter egg, .tel only game or other more clever link, to help market .tels. 

Out of my depth now, sure you talented developers, marketers could find a way.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-04-2011 08:48 PM

The .com percentage is high, but they are parked instead so they sort of are populated but with ads. So many names are out there, just grabbed b/c investors will sell them. Cost of doing business for them, keep for a year, try to sell then drop. 

As for the easter egg game, the specs are sort of here. And I'm ready to develop if we can get 1000 good developed domains into the game, each getting attention of visitors who come by to look for clues. The angle is to get eyeballs on our domains. Getting a registrar to sponsor a game with free prizes would be ideal.

Mark

dialaroom11-04-2011 09:00 PM

Thanks Mark, should have known you are exploring every possibility already.

mikeseaton11-04-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 18893)
    I ask this because if only ten percent of .tels are populated, they will never become well known without huge budget advertising will they? Which makes almost all of the other 90% pretty worthless as pure investments, Doesn't it?

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18894)
    The .com percentage is high, but they are parked instead so they sort of are populated but with ads.

[size]
    Why can't Telnic produce a parked page for undeveloped .tels - along the lines that Sedo and many other companies have done ?

If they don't feel it is their place to do that - or haven't got the resources - then allow .tel registrars to produce their own parked page and either:

1. Allow the .tel owner to specify the nameservers for the .tel registrar.
    Or
    2. Keep the Telnic nameservers but allow a redirect (as already planned for .tel to .tel) to the .tel registrars parked page.

Neither option seems a major hurdle - sort of thing that could be actioned very quickly if Telnic wanted to get rid of empty .tels !

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific11-05-2011 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18877)

Mark

[size]
    "Yellow Media CEO Marc Tellier would like nothing better than to distance his brand from this image of decay. “One of our communication challenges is that people ubiquitously recognize our walking fingers trademark, and it’s almost automatic that they think of the print,” Tellier says."

That's not a problem, it's a GREAT brand equity statement. Getting rid of the BOOK is the key, along with a keeping up with the TECHNOLOGY of the internet advances.

".TEL" and "Walking Fingers" represent the greatest glocal potential in history.

As was shown, ONLINE the Yellow Brand is still the BIGGEST in the world, and new launches happen "every day".http://www.yp.com.bn

Lose the Book, lose the Pages, keep the Yellow, Get the SEARCH aspect and .TEL technology going ... YellowSearch andYellowNames ... 
    ... rich features included, TELmercial.tel

Cees11-05-2011 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18889)
    After reading the article and a lot of the comments, the way YP operates in Canada seems to be a big rip-off to the customer. I suppose that can extrapolate to the rest of the YP's. I sure hope Telnic's former YP exec is capitalizing on this and trying tirelessly to introduce .tel to a major YP player. 2,000 new regs here and 8,000 regs there from YP's is nice, but to get real exposure we need 100,000.
    Mark

[size]
    I'll hazard a guess why .tel isn't yet popular with the phone people, the model they use is a MASSIVE money spinner for them, compare that with the cost of a .tel, how/where will they get a comparable income stream, to survive they must ultimately ditch the old model for something new!
    BTW here in OZ both Yellow and White pages are really flogging their products at the moment.[/size]

Cees11-05-2011 09:08 AM

Based on 2010 stats, listing in Sydney Yellow pages would cost at least $ 100,000 PA for full page.
    scroll down the page for pricing.
    http://www.psychology.org.au/Assets/...llow-Pages.pdf

Live11-05-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 18885)

Mike Seaton

[size]
    As I read on this forum you are probably the person who bought the biggest amount of .tel domains. That can be either very smart or very risky. What I am surprised about is you seem to be very doubtful your investment is valuable at all. Why you spend so much money into a business model which doesn't seem beneficial to you or at least has a high potential to fail?
    Regarding your question why small businesses don't register .tel domains I like to state my subjective opinion. If you want to buy a car, what will be your first choice: a well-known product which has been developed extensively (like gasoline engines - respectively .com for domains) or an unknown newcomer with future features which are in early development stage (like electronic power engines - respectively .tel for domains)? Of course you will buy the first option – and after the second option gets advanced AND gives you more benefit than the first option, you will consider to switch, right? So the question is what benefit a small business can get from .tel domains at the moment which are not available from other resources for the same price (or even for free)? If there is nothing, no small business will buy a .tel domain! Of course if the DNS will play an important role in future technologies, .tel domains will have a lot of advantages, but that is not the case in the year 2011.[/size]

telrific11-05-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live (Post 18907)
    ... and after the second option gets advanced AND gives you more benefit than the first option, you will consider to switch, right? ...

[size]
    Great points !

It's not about switching though, it's about supplementing.

Businesses have websites, and still advertise on Facebook, Google, Yellow Pages, etc.

They also don't generally have a mobile presence where every internet enabled device can find information about them quickly and easily.

There is a significant advantage to having basic information available, especially contact information showing the addressing to all the above easily.

A business card versus a brochure, that's what .TEL is about.

When you search google, you get a "snapshot" of a company before you go to the site.

.TEL is simply the best "snapshot" available, but it does need more appeal and features.

This is in development, but certainly doesn't make it a "wait and switch" competition.

:cool:

(Addition)

I used this metaphor once:

".TEL is like Susan Boyle, you don't necessarily give her much on looks, but just listen to her sing ... "

If you don't know what that means >>> "Click Here"

.TEL will never be "the supermodel" that websites can be, but it's never supposed to have been either.

".TEL and TelPages - Love her for her talent, and appreciate her for who she is."

Having said that, .TEL could use a makeover and the proper venue, but she is still gold.

;)[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

YP should start using .TEL Empty Re: YP should start using .TEL

mikeseaton11-05-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 18910)
    ".TEL is like Susan Boyle, you don't necessarily give her much on looks, but just listen to her sing ... "

[size]
    Great metaphor Telrific - unfortunately real world marketing is subject to the classic AIDA sequence - Attention, Interest, Desire,Action.

That's why I, and many others on this forum, keep pressing Telnic to generate the Attention and Interest that .Tel deserves - not sure how much time there is left before events overtake us - as I keep saying Time Is Of The Essence re .Tel Promotion ! 

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific11-06-2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 18913)
    Great metaphor Telrific - unfortunately real world marketing is subject to the classic AIDA sequence - Attention, Interest,Desire, Action.

That's why I, and many others on this forum, keep pressing Telnic to generate the Attention and Interest that .Tel deserves - not sure how much time there is left before events overtake us - as I keep saying Time Is Of The Essence re .Tel Promotion ! 

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Agreed ! Hopefully the new templates and CP will help significantly !

;)[/size]

stel11-07-2011 12:55 AM

Hi Mike, I like the results of www.net-link.com/tel better than Telpages, meaning the results make more sense to me. I would do it slightly differently, trying to simulate a (global) phone book more as an algorithm. 

Meaning if you search for two words one a and one b (you search for "a b"), the results should always show these .tels in this order: 

ab.tel, a-b.tel, a.b.tel, b.a.tel,ba.tel, b-a.tel, etc and then followed below by results exactly like what your search engine site shows... That would have provided a strong incentive for people to buy and develop the domains with the particular names that they were interested in, and it would have added value and encouraged crowdsourcing to .tel and a Telpages based on such an algorithm, especially if it was accompanied by some strong marketing of Telpages. Now, as much as I hope to be wrong once again, I have to face reality and realize that it might be too late...

I should have talked with my brother or other IT people to try to design a search engine site like that centered more on the actual name of the .tel domains and subdomains like a global phonebook directory should be, but also considering the other relevant algorithm factors too (location, traffic, links, etc) like your search engine does- but I should have done that when I was more enthusiastic about .tel. 
    How difficult would such a search site be Mike, or do you think it is an idiotic idea on my side?

Now I am just waiting to see which way things go until April.... I did get www.pages.co thinking of a search engine like that too, but right now I am not using that site. Anyway, thanks for your answer Mike!

mikeseaton11-07-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stel (Post 18932)
    Hi Mike, I like the results of www.net-link.com/tel better than Telpages, meaning the results make more sense to me. I would do it slightly differently, trying to simulate a (global) phone book more as an algorithm. 

Meaning if you search for two words one a and one b (you search for "a b"), the results should always show these .tels in this order: 

ab.tel, a-b.tel, a.b.tel, b.a.tel,ba.tel, b-a.tel, etc and then followed below by results exactly like what your search engine site shows... That would have provided a strong incentive for people to buy and develop the domains with the particular names that they were interested in...

[size]
    Hi Stel,

Thanks for your kind words re www.net-link.com/tel - one of the key benefits I believe is the ability to click any of Web/Video/Facebook/MySpace/Twitter on the Tel results page and get the same search done without re-keying.

Re your comments about "ab.tel, a-b.tel, a.b.tel, b.a.tel,ba.tel, b-a.tel" preference, I am in fact starting work on a completely new piece of software - not a conventional search engine - that will give preference to .tels along the lines you have mentioned and will help encourage .tel sales containing the elements "a" and "b" combined.

Thanks again for your feedback - keep using www.net-link.com for your Web/Video/Facebook/MySpace/Tel/Twitter queries ! 

Mike Seaton[/size]

telrific11-07-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 18913)
    Great metaphor Telrific - unfortunately real world marketing is subject to the classic AIDA sequence - Attention, Interest,Desire, Action.Mike Seaton

[size]
    Or AIMC ... >>> Basics for Advertising in Yellow Pages Directories <<<<

At least we have the C !

Sound like good reasons for a TELmercial (updated) !

;)[/size]

stel11-08-2011 04:52 AM

Great idea Mike. Good Luck!

"Re your comments about "ab.tel, a-b.tel, a.b.tel, b.a.tel,ba.tel, b-a.tel" preference, I am in fact starting work on a completely new piece of software - not a conventional search engine - that will give preference to .tels along the lines you have mentioned and will help encourage .tel sales containing the elements "a" and "b" combined"

mikeseaton11-18-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stel (Post 18932)
    Now I am just waiting to see which way things go until April.... I did get www.pages.co" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.pages.co thinking of a search engine like that too, but right now I am not using that site.

[size]
    Stel, there is a Premium Dot Co auction at Sedo on December 8 - see http://tinyurl.com/sedo-dot-co-auction-dec-8.

If you've got the nerve for a "No Reserve" auction you may want to consider submitting Pages.co - I am currently trying to work out which of my domains for sale at http://www.domains123.com/names.asp?ext=.co to submit.

Mike Seaton[/size]

stel11-18-2011 06:29 PM

Thanks Mike. I've had a few offers for pages.co through sedo, but they were too low... I was aware of the Sedo auction, but I prefer not to join the "No reserve" action because I am not sure how it works- meaning if I don't agree with the price offered I don't know if I will be forced to sell at a price lower than I want to sell. I sincerely appreciate your suggestion though!

supercyberheroes11-21-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 19080)
    Stel, there is a Premium Dot Co auction at Sedo on December 8 - see http://tinyurl.com/sedo-dot-co-auction-dec-8.

If you've got the nerve for a "No Reserve" auction you may want to consider submitting Pages.co - I am currently trying to work out which of my domains for sale at http://www.domains123.com/names.asp?ext=.co to submit.

Mike Seaton

[size]
    You can submit 5 per days, so send all of them and they decide which one could go to auction.

Regards[/size]

mikeseaton11-21-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 19107)
    You can submit 5 per days, so send all of them and they decide which one could go to auction.

[size]
    No way !

With a Sedo "No Reserve" auction you are legally obliged to sell if there is just one minimum bid - which is 100 USD.

So you have to give quite a bit of thought as to which domains you submit, since the legal agreement to allow the domain to be auctioned by Sedo starts the moment you submit to them. If Sedo declines the name for auction, the legal agreement is cancelled.

The sales opportunity with this Sedo .co auction is very good - you just have to be careful to balance risk with reward !

Mike Seaton[/size]

supercyberheroes11-21-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 19111)
    No way !

With a Sedo "No Reserve" auction you are legally obliged to sell if there is just one minimum bid - which is 100 USD.

So you have to give quite a bit of thought as to which domains you submit, since the legal agreement to allow the domain to be auctioned by Sedo starts the moment you submit to them. If Sedo declines the name for auction, the legal agreement is cancelled.

The sales opportunity with this Sedo .co auction is very good - you just have to be careful to balance risk with reward !

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Yes I know I did submit: 3dchannel.co, 3dchannels.co, 3dsmarttv.co, 3dsexmovie.co, 3dproducts, 3dblu-ray.co and they rejected all of them.

So this what I did now check it out and give your opinion: http://3dchannel.tel

Regards

http://supercyberheroes.tel
    http://businessdirect.tel[/size]

unlocktel12-08-2011 12:38 PM

most people i know have no idea what dot tel is.if they can do more on facebook why would they bother with a dot tel anyway.shame but thats the way it is for most people.
    i like dot tel but i don't like the interface.i did get my friend to try one but he just stop using it because of the interface .
    i know there a lot on hear who know how to do stuff on there dot tel with 3rd party tools i think it is or whatever but the man in the street just cant be bothered with all that stuff.i got rss feed for mine but why its not on the interface is very odd.
    i will stick with dot tel but would not tel anyone to get one now.

telrific12-08-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlocktel (Post 19545)
    most people i know have no idea what dot tel is.if they can do more on facebook why would they bother with a dot tel anyway.shame but thats the way it is for most people.
    i like dot tel but i don't like the interface.i did get my friend to try one but he just stop using it because of the interface .
    i know there a lot on hear who know how to do stuff on there dot tel with 3rd party tools i think it is or whatever but the man in the street just cant be bothered with all that stuff.i got rss feed for mine but why its not on the interface is very odd.
    i will stick with dot tel but would not tel anyone to get one now.

[size]
    Do you think it has more value to Business owners and operators ?

See the new thread on TELmercials and let me know.

Thanks.[/size]

telrific04-21-2012 08:22 AM

Be sure to check out the TELmercial video if you haven't had the chance.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-21-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 22488)
    Be sure to check out the TELmercial video if you haven't had the chance.

[size]
    Very cool video. Is this a generic video or specifically made for .Tel?
    Mark[/size]

telrific04-21-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 22498)
    Very cool video. Is this a generic video or specifically made for .Tel?
    Mark

[size]
    Thank you Mark, this one is a "generic" video, co-branded as the TELmercial ® brand for .TEL customers.

Many videos will exist with .TEL domains, now that the addition is available, but many Businesses will hesitate to put up an amateur video, 
    so we partnered with the leader to provide professional video production services worldwide for .TEL users that can be used on YouTube 
    and the .TEL domains.

This is just to give .TEL owners the advantages of what Yellowbook, etc. provides and signed using the TELmercial brand instead of their branding.

Here's and example of what they're doing - here

This along with the Yellow Search ® Verification Service is to give .TEL owners competitive, or better, options at a lower price.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-21-2012 02:27 PM

Can we post it on our domains?
    Mark

telrific04-21-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 22501)
    Can we post it on our domains?
    Mark

[size]
    I would be very honored if you did, please feel free to do so, thank you.

This of course is open to anyone and is great for those domains that are parked.

Be sure to use the TelMasters tools !

dutchstreetdog04-22-2012 09:24 AM

Nice Vid telrific realy professional !
    I also have arranged some new video's for my hotels, with paid affiliate links
    And i notice this is all still so new, even the biggest sites dont have everything in order
    Thats a good example to see how new all this stuff is
    If you arrange your DotTel good And professional. You can bey The best thats arround
    http://hotels.accommodatie.gids.scheveningen.tel/

telrific04-22-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 22537)
    Nice Vid telrific realy professional !
    I also have arranged some new video's for my hotels, with paid affiliate links
    And i notice this is all still so new, even the biggest sites dont have everything in order
    Thats a good example to see how new all this stuff is
    If you arrange your DotTel good And professional. You can bey The best thats arround
    http://hotels.accommodatie.gids.scheveningen.tel/

[size]
    That is a GREAT application of video, good job !

Amazing what a difference the video can make to .TEL !

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

dutchstreetdog04-22-2012 12:28 PM

Thanks men
    And here is a realy Nice promotion in english
    http://best-western-hotel-spaander.hotels.volendam.tel/

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-22-2012 12:40 PM

@Dutch is that an affiliate link for you to get paid?
    Mark

dutchstreetdog04-22-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 22548)
    @Dutch is that an affiliate link for you to get paid?
    Mark

[size]

Yes mark
    First i was approching the owners from the hotels myself, but that story made mi cry
    The say i already have a website or think i come to robb them or dont have time
    so i submitted for affiliate with hotels.nl ![/size]

telrific04-22-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 22549)
    Yes mark
    First i was approching the owners from the hotels myself, but that story made mi cry
    The say i already have a website or think i come to robb them or dont have time
    so i submitted for affiliate with hotels.nl !

[size]
    Very nice !

teltheworld04-22-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 22547)
    Thanks men
    And here is a realy Nice promotion in english
    http://best-western-hotel-spaander.hotels.volendam.tel/

[size]
    Hi Dutch

How did you get that video on there?[/size]

dutchstreetdog04-22-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 22554)
    Hi Dutch

How did you get that video on there?

[size]

Hahaha you must bey kidding mi men
    Well you can use The tool from Telmasters or Telcp 
    Load upp a video on YouTube And paste The link in the tool from one of the boys[/size]

teltheworld04-22-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 22556)
    Hahaha you must bey kidding mi men
    Well you can use The tool from Telmasters or Telcp 
    Load upp a video on YouTube And paste The link in the tool from one of the boys

[size]
    Thanks Dutch

Must get some tools![/size]

telrific04-24-2012 02:57 AM

Since this was a YP thread and Yellow Pages related, one can see why it lives ... globally.

This was brought to my attention from a fellow forum member concerning the recent
    deal in the United States about the big investment in the AT&T Yellow Pages ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Mf04-vZAI

Talk about cha-ching, I wish I had that kind of Billions of Dollars in Annual Revenue "death" in my business !

Some Nations attending the Olympics in 2012 won't have that for their annual GDP !

This is what Telpages can be online globally if the Online Directory is the focus ... still.

Transitioning will be slow, but once again, Yellow Search >> Yellow Names >> Verification can do wonders for .TEL and TelPages.com !

:eek:

Gibran04-27-2012 10:48 PM

Hi guys, what do you think of this idea?

Someone gets to a Tel site, maybe through an ad. Its a fast mobile world. He wants more information, or he wants the Telowner to contact him.
    So instead of invoking his own email and sending off an email to the Tel owner, or trying to call, he presses an "Send me more info" or a "Call You?" icon and a small box pops up and he enters his email address or telephone number which is is then forwarded to the Tel Owner's email.

Simple concept generally, but I do not know how difficult it may be for Tel Technology to handle.

(btw, I am not a techie so I may not always express ideas using the right terminology)

aliencafe04-27-2012 11:10 PM

Gibran, I took a look at your post. Then I went to andy.tel on my iphone. I clicked his email and it automatically started writing an email from my account.

If he had a phone number listed my phone would call with one click.

I think it is already a very simple and quick process.

D

Gibran04-27-2012 11:45 PM

Thanks Alien

aliencafe04-27-2012 11:55 PM

Thanks Gibran-

What .tel do you have?

Gibran04-27-2012 11:57 PM

Hi Alien
    alimas.tel

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-28-2012 12:27 AM

@gibran. You should move your address from a note field into a search keyword - type Business Address. It's better for SEO and will display in hcard/vcard format.
    Mark

Gibran04-28-2012 08:18 PM

Re Gibran you should move your address from a note field into a search keyword - type Business Address. It's better for SEO and will display in hcard/vcard format.

Thank you Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-02-2012 02:59 PM

Yellow Pages a Keeper ?

http://ocbizblog.com/yellow-pages-dr...e-advertising/

and the followup by YP Talk... 

http://yptalk.wordpress.com/2012/05/...ill-work-well/

YP Talk claims: "... I’m not using those (online surfing) to shop locally. ... not buying locally for a product or service I don’t know a lot about.". 
    Hard to believe that's true?

If every local store had their own .tel, the Yellow Page would become a dinosaur.

Mark

mikeseaton05-02-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 23217)
    If every local store had their own .tel, the Yellow Page would become a dinosaur.

[size]
    To achieve that level of market penetration you would need 10,000 or more salesmen/women working tirelessly 24/7 around the world !

So why is there no International Affiliate Program for Telnames .tel domains in place now ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-18-2012 08:13 PM

Latest YPTalk related to Facebook. Any lessons for us and Telnic?
    Mark

telrific05-18-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 23793)
    Latest YPTalk related to Facebook. Any lessons for us and Telnic?
    Mark

[size]
    Glad you shared that, very interesting.

Ultimately I don't see it being a valid concern, because we're talking apples and oranges.

Yellow Pages is apples, Facebook is oranges.

Facebook can add the "White Pages" info to it's Social Site, and Yellow Pages can
    add Social flavor to it's Yellow Pages, but the split will always be too wide to compete:

Yellow Pages = 90% Tool / 10% Social
    Facebook = 10% Tool / 90% Social

Business is Business, People are People, I don't believe there will never be a successful merger of the two, with either one "killing the other".

Apples are Apples, Oranges are Oranges.

Creating a "Aprange" or an "Orpple" will never fly ultimately.

TelPages can kill Yellow Pages, Facebook can kill White Pages, but ultimately neither will kill each other
    any more than White Pages killed Yellow Pages or vice-versa.

My 2-cents.

As for lessons compared to the ones mentioned in the article:

1. Telnic needs big results, but it will take time and the structure mentioned previous thread, not an IPO to get them.
    2. Advertising is not an issue for Telnic operation, Domain Name fees are wise, slow build, no cliffs.
    3. I think that as a tool, anyone can understand the "master address" mentality of .TEL use.
    4. Trust is always an issue, that's obviously the reason for the offer of Yellow Search verification
    as an aid to credibility and trust building that at least Business .TEL's need.

:o[/size]

TELcp05-19-2012 05:47 AM

.tel can survive and expand fast without getting involved with other organisation.
    If get involved with other, then more chances of .tel digging its own grave.
    We've seen what happened in the past.

Why not stand on its own feet?
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Sumerlin05-24-2012 08:41 PM

You are soooo right
    I had a different idea. My idea was to create a infomercials and sell .tel on TV.
    In a typical half an hour infomercial you can explain what .tel is, how easy it is to operate and sell it right there. It would not cost Telnic a lot of money because people would be able to purchase it right 
    away and because infomercials are so popular it would probably cover all cost of running it on TV

Gibran06-13-2012 02:43 AM

Recently the phone lines in our complex went down, and because almost all of our business is initiated on the phone, we were in a quandary. The internet was up however and I started wishing that customers would have an alternative way of calling us using the internet.
    I feel that someday each computer will come with a phone attached to it and people would make voip calls as easy we do now with the traditional phone (skype2?)

I am not a technical person, but my thought (and question) is: Does the .TEL concept have any technical advantage in this unfolding phone revolution? In the future, would registering my telephone number as a .TEL domain possibly offer any additional features in addition to what the phone offers at the moment? 
    Would I be able to offer my customers an alternative telephone contact (my current number.tel) and have them use that in case the regular system fails, or as just a supplementary way of calling?
    These questions/ideas may have been explored before but I am new and am trying to understand where tel can go.

TELcp06-13-2012 05:52 AM

@Gibran

.tel provides information of all your updated contact information for anyone who has access your .tel domain/page over the internet.

I assume that your land line phones are down and your customers may be aware of only those phone numbers.

Well, the idea of .tel is to provide up-to-date information fast.

In your situation, since you have access to the internet although the phone lines are down, you can update your .tel page to inform your customers about the present situation. You can provide an alternate phone number and post a "Note" to explain the situation and approximately when the land lines will be restored.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Aled06-13-2012 06:21 AM

Gibran,

To follow up on TelCP's suggestion, you could even set up a separate profile for such eventualities which contains the numbers and information to be used. If it happened again you just need to activate the provile in your .tel to switch to that content. Profiles can be activated from your control panel and, even more usefully for this situation, using the MyTel app on your phone.

Gibran06-13-2012 11:59 AM

Thank you TelCP and Aled. Great suggestions. I shall certainly prepare those profiles as you suggest Aled.
    I am still intrigued by the idea of using my current telephone number across the net. I think that Google is headed in a similar direction with their "google voice"

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html#

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 12:31 am