The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Spice up your .tel: start creating a logo!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Spice up your .tel: start creating a logo! Empty Spice up your .tel: start creating a logo!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:19 am

mactel12-21-2009 10:10 AM

Hello dear dot tel domain owner,

.tel domains will soon have a brand new Web interface (TelProxy):
    And this is what it will include:
    - new "look & feel", new background, new icons, ...
    - ability to display a picture (photo, avatar, logo, etc.) 

Again, and in other words:
    .tel domains will soon have the ability to display a logo.

Ok: Let's go from there, and here is my question:

Are you already working on your new logo(s), so that you will only have to upload it, once that function is enabled?

Please let me know: What are your plans, and how are you planning and thinking to get your logo? DIY or webdesigner?

When will you have your logo for your personal dot tel domain name?

Here we have a nice .tel logo, for a start:
    http://dialaroom.info/images/lglogo.png

I mean: If you already get working on your logo for your .tel, you'll be ready, just in time, when you will be able to show your logo on your .tel domain.

Thank you, for any comments on this topic.

tel4rent12-21-2009 11:18 AM

Hi mactel,

haven't started to work on my logos. It will take some times for me. Not rushing it so far. But yours looks very nice. My thoughts on your logo (if i may):
    1- you need to rework on the colors. Not really attractive;
    2- i like the font...smooth and soft;
    3- i like the slogan. it is catchy.

Voila! just my thoughts.

Be well.

mactel12-21-2009 11:22 AM

Thank you so much, for your prompt, interesting and informative feedback. It is not my logo: It belongs to the .tel domain of a fellow member. But I am sure, he will take your suggestions in consideration, etc.

Personally, I started to grow on his logo: It has a lot of personality, and looks good on .mobi, as well. I think it rocks. It is flashy and sharp, and I am sure, it will get a lot of positive attention. 
    There is a good contrast between the colors. Overall, the logo is very cool and hype, and up to date.
    I honestly would not change it. It is also my gut feeling, saying me, that it is a successful logo. 
    And so, I would recommend, to go a similar way. From what I see from existing .mobi logos, not many are really good. Or haven't been designed with enough attention, taste, artistic sense and feeling, understanding, for the cause and usage of the domain, etc. Here is another good example: dating.mobi:
    http://a3.twimg.com/profile_backgrou...erBK-final.png
    Just to show another good example.

Thank you, again. Cheers.

Shahid12-21-2009 11:33 AM

do check the logo on 

www.Twitter.com/AIDS_Tel ( Logo for AIDS.tel ) 

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/4...68/AID-TEL.png ( image link )

Thanks

Shahid

mactel12-21-2009 11:54 AM

Thanks, for your contribution, Shahid. It is a very good logo. I like it.
    It cought my attention, a few months ago, but I forgot about it, untill you just reminded me again.
    I would like to work with your designer.

Shahid12-21-2009 12:53 PM

Thanks Mactel.

yes its indeed very fancy and its nice yet more to the subject too.

Shahid

Launching LogoDesigner.tel soon for all kind of logo cheap and affordable

dottel.net12-21-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 3628)
    do check the logo on 

www.Twitter.com/AIDS_Tel ( Logo for AIDS.tel ) 

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/4...68/AID-TEL.png ( image link )

Thanks

Shahid

[size]
    very cool logo - i like it[/size]

Shahid12-21-2009 01:01 PM

Thanks i hope it helps people as i have no intention to make money out of AIDS.tel its getting good rank in search engines and Twitter also really helps in traffic once .tel has the logo its will be easier to remember AIDS.tel since the logo is kinda catchy

mactel12-21-2009 01:18 PM

Hi Shahid,
    Quote:
    "Launching LogoDesigner.tel soon for all kind of logo cheap and affordable"
    - I will definitly check that out. 
    That is where you could have a nice extra income.
    I will try to support that project of yours, by ordering logos.
    I like to work with webdesigners. Looking foreward for that.

Shahid12-21-2009 01:29 PM

Thanks Appreciate it.

not a web designer just trying to make .tel popular on various search engines

mactel12-21-2009 01:36 PM

Hi Shahid,
    Will you be keeping LogoDesigner.tel?
    And will you be providing us with contact information of logo-designers?
    - I thought that is what you meant to say, at first.
    However, if I would be you, I would proceed in that way.

Because just registering LogoDesigner.tel, and then selling it to someone, won't be that much fun. Neither for you, nor for us.

So, it would be good, if somebody could list those logo-designers on .tel domains. The desingers, that can provide us with "cheap and affordable" logos, to speak in your own words.
    Edit / P.S.:
    I just saw, that you registered that domain name in April, so I assume that you intend to populate it, and to help the .tel community with your endeavours to assist us for getting .tel logos. Again: "cheap and affordable"...
    I had to point that out, because you made my mouth watery, and then again, I got a little confused...

So, how is it, Shahid? Please try to clarify... - Thanks.

Shahid12-21-2009 03:17 PM

Yes i bought the following domains from people recently

LogoDesigner.tel ( Cheap and afforadle designers i know will help )
    LogoDesigns.tel ( which will show case all the designs we make )
    Monetizing.tel ( will help you build .tel and and land you on search pages with Guarantee so you can choose from a basic one to a most professional one like MarineParts.tel or AutoParts.tel )

i will take care of everything my self as far as monitoring since this is not being done to get rich of people but help them and pay for the expense it cost to keep things running.

i am doing everything to support .tel till the end as much as i can, that's why i have started building directories which are already high ranked just to give you another example

Buy Classic Arts 

Buy Classic Paintings

Classic Personalities 

this is basic then there are other types of professional with Dataentry involved so for that you will go to DataEntry.tel ( again mine ) to give you a full doze of .tel experience

not sure if .tel might allow Webtemplates in future like if we are given a choice of one webtemeplate to upload for that then i will createwww.WebTemeplates.tel

hope this helps 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 3652)
    Hi Shahid,
    Will you be keeping LogoDesigner.tel?
    And will you be providing us with contact information of logo-designers?
    - I thought that is what you meant to say, at first.
    However, if I would be you, I would proceed in that way.

Because just registering LogoDesigner.tel, and then selling it to someone, won't be that much fun. Neither for you, nor for us.

So, it would be good, if somebody could list those logo-designers on .tel domains. The desingers, that can provide us with "cheap and affordable" logos, to speak in your own words.
    Edit / P.S.:
    I just saw, that you registered that domain name in April, so I assume that you intend to populate it, and to help the .tel community with your endeavours to assist us for getting .tel logos. Again: "cheap and affordable"...
    I had to point that out, because you made my mouth watery, and then again, I got a little confused...

So, how is it, Shahid? Please try to clarify... - Thanks.

mactel12-21-2009 03:57 PM

Very good.
    I was able to follow the first part of your comment/post, but not the second part:
    What are you explaining with this?:
    Buy Classic Arts ?
    Buy Classic Paintings ?
    Classic Personalities ?

About templates:
    I thought I read a hint somewhere. But then again, when I search the info sources, I can't find anything mentioned about the freedom of beeing able to select from a choice of official .tel templates.

So, let me recapitulate, and draw a picture:
    The picture:

1.) A new Background: Lets assume, it has a plain color, perhaps with some sort of structure design. This would replace the existing gray background.
    2.) Telproxy, would still have a conservative and old fashioned ("pseudo" ;)) file card / index card / record card :o. Sort of boring...
    3.) But then again, there will be new icons on that card, which will pep it up, a bit.
    4.) Ok: and in addition you have the option to spice up the look with your personal photo, avatar, logo, etc. - Which could look fantastic (!).
    5.) And the Google Map, will be directly displayed. - Do you get the picture?...
    6.) But then again, it was stated, that the .tel Web interface (TelProxy) will have a new "look & feel"... 

So where is there room for individual templates?
    Again: I do guess, that Telnic will offer the possibility to select from a choice of a few templates.
    But I would think, that any other suggestions for template designs would have to be provided in agreement with Telnic. - And now, back to you, and your comment about templates, that you might be able ot offer...:
    Your quote: "...not sure if .tel might allow Webtemplates in future like if we are given a choice of one webtemeplate to upload..."
    However: Webtemplates will be highly important. And if you are able to contribute towards such templates: The better. So, I conclude, that we have everything in the new telproxy-concept, except for new templates. Am I right?

Ok: Then let us work on that, and discuss that in this forum. That was the way we did it, till now, and that was the way, we will get the new "look & feel", in two, three months.

Thank you, Shahid, for your endeavours to assist us. Keep up with the good work.
    You'll be a .tel pioneer, as well. And get a place in the .tel Hall Of Fame... (only kidding...).

Alright, lets get back to work!...
    P.S.:
    Could we keep focused on the logo discussion, so that we don't go quasi "off topic"?
    Nevertheless: The templates issue interests me.
    So: Anybody wanna show us their new logos, or "logos under construction", etc.?

(If you like, we could start another thread about the templates issue, if it is, what I figured out: A important issue...)

mactel12-21-2009 08:10 PM

What about your logo-project? :)

.tel domains will soon have the ability to display a logo. -What will you be showing?

Examples:

Shahid12-21-2009 08:40 PM

the links with the words are just to show you some aspect of keywords i can target in seo and the link is with it to show you where are are ranked on google just click the link and you will the my Classic.tel on first page.

there is noting about freedom of templates but incase they do it in future atleast i will be ready with it.

i would wish everyone who took part in developing .tel to this day a good luck and hope we all succeed without any greed or selfishness inside.

Shahid

mactel12-21-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:
    "there is noting about freedom of templates but incase they do it in future atleast i will be ready with it.":
    I tried to figure out, if there would be such a thing included in the concept of telproxy2.0.
    It was also clear to me, that there is nothing about freedom of templates, at present.
    But I tried to figure out, if something was in planning.

About your "Classic examples":
    Now I understand.

Interstingly, your subdomains get very well indexed by Google, if you make smart usage from the header section of your subdomain, by fully using the header potential and space, and repeating keywords, the way they are suposed to be used in the search bar. For example you used four times "Classic Arts" in your header, for the subdomain http://arts-and-paintings.classic.tel/, and by searching for the term "buy classic Arts", your subdomain is listed on page one, at position six.

Respectively: The number of keywords in your header is 9 times "Classic", and 3 times "Arts", but also in addition, 2 times "Art", which might be equivalent with "Arts", and therefore, it would be like 9 times "Calssic" and 5 times "Art/s". 

Same thing, with the search term "buy classic paintings", where the number of keywords in your header is 9 times "Classic", and 3 times "Paintings" , and the subdomain has position eight.

Conclusion: The more keywords in your header, that match with your search terms, the better is your ranking by search terms.

Lately, I read a forum post in a .mobi forum, and a member said, that subdomains would not get well indext by Google, and would not get a page rank. 

However, the examples from Shahid show us, that .tel subdomains get well indext by Google, if we put enough relevant keywords in the header section of the interface. 

About searching for "classic paintings":
    I assume, that if you would write for example 20 times the word "Classic", and 20 times the word "Paintings", your .tel subdomain would rank even better, than if you "only" write 9 times the word "Classic", and 3 times the word "Paintings".

"Classic Personalities" even ranks better: Let us check out, why:
    Here we have 3 times the perfect match (keyword with search term) "Classic Personalities", and ... - yes, that's already it! 

Conclusion:
    It is absolutely amazing, how one can rank a .tel subdomain so high. Doing it by simply multiplying the number of matching keywords in .tel domain header section.

So I am certain, that if you have a .tel domain and any other domain. which are a related pair/couple, you can simply improove your search results / search engine ranking of that other domain (or its subdomain?) by entering the ideal keywords, and multiply them, and that you see, that the keywords match with common search terms.

To be able to proove my theory, I would have to experiment with my own .tel domains and their keywords. 

I wonder, if .tel subdomains rank better in search terms, than subdomains of websites, that are their mobile version (for example: mobile.classic.com/personalities versus personalities.classic.tel).
    Respectively, the mobile version of a website would be a subdomain of that website, and not a redirected page (mobile.classic.com versus classic.com/mobile).
    The .mobi community agues, that a .mobi website gets better indexed by Google for page rank, that a mobile subdomain.

Looking at all these aspects and szenarios: domain versus subdomain, and mobile.company.com versus personalities.company.tel, the reason why a .tel subdomain might rank better, for reasons of keywords, might simply be because it is using a other technology via direct information storage and exchange within the DNS.

And then the final conclusion could be: 
    A .tel subdomain ranks better than any other subdomain, if you make proper usage of your keywords, and the .tel technology will do the rest (DNS). 

Or in other words: Not using your keyword potential properly, would not be benefitting from the .tel technology (or the ".tel power"/DNS). And you would be quasi giving away Google ranking positions to other domain owners (in cyber space), that you would of been glad to have your self.

Possibly the examples and hints from Shahid are helping us see this advantage that .tel domains have, compared with other domains, especially their subdomains. 

Well, best thing would be, to try it out your self, and do a bit of experimenting with subdomains and their keywords, to see if you can improove your search ranking that way. Post us your results and feedback!

mactel12-22-2009 11:37 AM

What about your logo-project? :)

.tel domains will soon have the ability to display a logo. -What will you be showing?

Examples:

dialaroom12-22-2009 01:14 PM

http://www.dialaroom.info/images/seasonsgreetings.gif
    Was going to use this Logo, if I get permission, will have to wait until next year now.

http://dialaroom.info/images/seasonsgreetings.gif

mactel12-22-2009 01:32 PM

Thanks.

Sweet... - Tel-Cake with icing...
    Nice job. Thanks, for showing and sharing.
    I doubt, you will have to wait until next year.
    I can see, you like to be creative, and design logos.
    - How about offering a service to your fellow .tel members, that have not yet made any thoughts about their future domain logo?
    It is fun, to design logos, to help brand a company name, respecitvely domain name.
    I know, there is a bunch of skilled and creative members of the .tel community out there, that love to design and help out others.
    Come together, communicate, exchange ideas, offers, orders, etc.
    Create logos and value. Pep and spice up your dot tel domains!

dialaroom12-22-2009 03:11 PM

Telnic, wasn't seriously going to use it, just thought I'd have a bit of fun and keep mactel's great thread going.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Spice up your .tel: start creating a logo! Empty Re: Spice up your .tel: start creating a logo!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:19 am

mactel12-22-2009 03:40 PM

Long live the dot tel domain!

mactel12-27-2009 05:14 AM

About the importance of logos for mobile websites and webpages.

About the importance of logos for mobile websites and webpages:
    To put it straight foreward: The importance is much higher than for a non-mobile site or page.
    I don't really think, that I have to explain that, if you imagine looking at a mobile screen. 

Because the logo and corporate identity of a mobile site or page (for example a .tel page), is your first impression that you get from a web presence, respectively, website / business, or non profit organisation or network (.net, .info, etc,).

The logo is not only the icing on the cake. If you think that, you are wrong. The logo might be like the top of a ice berg (you can see only 1/7 of 7/7...).
    The look of the logo will also make you want to look at the site or page, or will put you off, or simply won't activate your appetite for more. In that last case, you will continue surfing, till you stumble upon something really cool, or sweet, or whatever suits your mood, liking, or taste. The amount of time and effort (of course, money, as well, but time is money too...) will be worth every dollar and cent. 

So, I do encourage you, to take the issue very serious, and the earlier your start making a concept for the identity and logo for your business or non-profit organisation mobile website or page, the better for all: For you, as well as for your visitors and customers. The earlier you come around to work on your logo, the better.
    The earlier your logo is created, the better. Very soon, the dot tel domain proxy will enable you to download your logo, avatar, picture, or photograph, and will give your dot tel domain a real identity . Of course, contact information make a identity, but visitors of your .tel page, will judge, from what they can see. And a logo, will be part of the identity, respectively, of the corporate identity.
    Yes, it is worth making some thoughts, about the importance of of logos for mobile websites and webpages: Start today, with your thoughts, followed later by making a concept, and followd upon that, by creating a stunning logo, for others to see on a mobile device...

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 2:43 am