The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

What's the most comprehensive Telnames template URL ?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

What's the most comprehensive Telnames template URL ? Empty What's the most comprehensive Telnames template URL ?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:33 am

mikeseaton05-03-2012 03:17 PM

What's the most comprehensive Telnames template URL ?

I want to be able to quote, when discussing .tel with people, Telnames templates that include all 4 new features (+ the existing feature of Map):

1. Background image with photo (not wallpaper option).

2. Video.

3. Image Gallery with at least 3 (out of max 5) images.

4. Offer complete with "Terms and Conditions" entered.

5. Map.

Can forum members please post the URL of their favorite Telnames template that includes all of the above 5 features ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton05-04-2012 02:45 PM

No nominations ?

Looks like this one will have to be the Telnames template to show newbies the new features

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-04-2012 03:05 PM

No sense pushing a template that is not available to 99% of users registering .tel domains through registrars. As much as I love Telnames look and feel, this is what everyone needs.
    Mark

mikeseaton05-04-2012 03:33 PM

@Mark

If you are discussing a new concept - i.e. the .tel single point of contact offering - I just think that newbies will "get it" much better with the new template (offering background image, video, image gallery & offer) than the existing Telnic ones - it's just so much nearer what they are used to with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.

So assuming they have not already registered a.tel - which is likely to be the case - they can go ahead and have their first (and only) interaction with .tel via http://www.Telnames.com - this is obviously the way Kash & Fiona hope things will pan out.

I agree the 280,000+ existing .tel registrations pose a problem, since the 5 Telnic templates are diametrically opposed to the Telnames one - Telnic having no (user inputtable via the CTH) background image, video, image gallery & offer BUT of course it does have the SEO-friendly subdomains !

What a confusing and messy situation for marketing a "new product" - for that is what .tel is to most of the computer and mobile phone using world.

My guess, as I have previously stated, is that registrars for whom TelHosting is a pain (needing a secure server to keep updated, and CTH transfer issues to resolve) will be more than happy to pay Telnames a dollar or two per year per domain to handle it for them (marking up their retail prices to cover the Telnames charge).

This would give the other registrars the new Telnames template of course, and would provide Telnames Limited with a steady annual income in addition to their domain registration/renewal fees.

I think it's only a matter of time until this happens - which is why I don't think there is much point in discussing with newbies the old less attractive (to them, not necessarily us) Telnic templates which may well fall into disuse within a year or two.

How are people going to access these if major registrars do a deal with Telnames on the TelHosting - unless of course Mark you could cut your own deal to offer the existing 5 subdomain-based Telnic templates (via a registrar) enhanced by the excellent tools you have developed over the years.

Which is something many of us on this forum suggested to Telnic - they weren't interested - for reasons that have now become obvious to us all !

Mike Seaton

telrific05-09-2012 08:37 AM

Interesting to see that not all Telnames use the new template, the old is used at Telnames too !

Dynamic Construction is served from webvisible.telnames.com

dialaroom05-09-2012 12:24 PM

OnePage.tel

Soon to be launched http://OnePage.tel

maximka05-09-2012 12:57 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

dialaroom05-09-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23396)
    If somebody will want to get subdomain there, then you will need to transfer the domain to another registrar who offers subdomains?

[size]
    Quite right[/size]

Simon G05-09-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maximka 
    If somebody will want to get subdomain there, then you will need to transfer the domain to another registrar who offers subdomains? 

Quite right

[size]
    Dialaroom
    May I reserve othe completely unique and valuable only.onepage.tel please. Looking forward to uploading my youtube video onto it, aswell as the picture gallery, voucher code. If i start getting major traffic I'll split the adsense with you ;)[/size]

mikeseaton05-09-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 23399)
    Dialaroom
    May I reserve othe completely unique and valuable only.onepage.tel please. Looking forward to uploading my youtube video onto it, aswell as the picture gallery, voucher code. If i start getting major traffic I'll split the adsense with you

[size]
    @simon

I think you've got it wrong re the above being included !

Quote:
    [/size]

Products and Services
    OK - no coupons, or picture slideshow or video, just 80 more contact records than a telnames .tel.
    No Background Pic either, but you can't see it on your phone anyway, so it won't matter.

[size]
    Be interesting to see how Dialaroom's http://OnePage.tel fares against the Telnames template and whether it establishes itself as a new .tel business model ? 10p a year (£1 for 10 years) does seem a bit of a bargain !

Mike Seaton[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-18, 2:18 am