The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

3 posters

This is what you can do with the new template from Telnames

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

This is what you can do with the new template from Telnames Empty This is what you can do with the new template from Telnames

Post by Alex 2012-05-19, 10:11 am

Take a look at this .tel domain: Boracay Hostess

Find here her business card: Jocelyn Malicdem

Read here the feedback: Jocelyn Malicdem at Twitter
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

This is what you can do with the new template from Telnames Empty Re: This is what you can do with the new template from Telnames

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-19, 10:45 am

Thanks it gave me a few ideas, maybe you could blog about all possible payment methods, what the url structure is to link to them?
    and other such info like this that we can use to squeeze the best out of telnames?
    Alex
    Admin

This is what you can do with the new template from Telnames Empty Re: This is what you can do with the new template from Telnames

Post by Alex 2012-05-19, 11:12 am

Bunjie wrote:... all possible payment methods, what the url structure is to link to them?
    That's definitely a deficit of the current template. Telnic / Telnames needs to offer integration for this.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-19, 11:44 am

Since Telnames doesn't offer subdomains, you can link to the subdomains of different .tels from other registrars like BoracayHotels.tel.
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-19, 5:30 pm

TelTalk wrote:Since Telnames doesn't offer subdomains, you can link to the subdomains of different .tels from other registrars like BoracayHotels.tel.

Or use a 3rd party TLD to provide the illusion of sub domains, I was doing that with the wordpress theme that was released, I was trying to tweak it but I'll likely convert it to the telnames theme.

I still think it's restrictive as hell, and I don't trust them which is why I'll only redirect to .tels I can afford to loose but boracayhotels.tel is kinda pretty.

But this increase in expense to do things with a new theme is not a healthy path, it was always supposed to be one .tel and now it's splitting them across multiple registrars to get basic services for each section. At what point do we call a normal domain cheaper to develop than a .tel directory?
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-19, 5:40 pm

Double posting but meh.

It's actually kinda upsetting and makes it feel more like a fiddle-faddle with regards to anyone who wants to build directories, I've stopped working on my old ones because I felt it was not worth it how ever I did buy my town name and as such will put in some basic data but I wont be doing sub profiles of business I'll just link to them with search.

If telnames will always be one page and it becomes a success then maybe Justin would be willing to start another that's just focused on directories or at bare minimum release the new themes that we were promised because we don't want to be sitting around seeing telnames as a viable directory service or trying to force it to be what it's not.

If they'd communicated dev times better we'd be less focused on telnames and more focused on data input in preparation for the theme upgrades.
    gobigcity
    gobigcity

This is what you can do with the new template from Telnames Empty Telnames

Post by gobigcity 2012-05-21, 11:17 am

I have a bad feeling that the .tel domains we bought to build directories will soon be worthless. Really pissed off at Telnic
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-21, 11:58 am

gobigcity wrote:I have a bad feeling that the .tel domains we bought to build directories will soon be worthless. Really pissed off at Telnic
    I can understand your frustration.

A little bit of communication from Telnic could clear off the clouds a lot!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-04, 5:21 am