The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Telnames .Tel Show Discount

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Telnames .Tel Show Discount Empty Telnames .Tel Show Discount

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:37 am

mikeseaton05-17-2012 12:25 PM

Telnames .Tel Show Discount

Anyone know how to find the promo code for Telnames .tels that is available during the Business Start Up show ?

Click http://bstartup.com/exhibitors/inter...s-limited.html and you will see the words "Show discount available" but no info how to get it !

Click http://Telnames.tel and you get a Telnames template naturally - but with no Offer coupon shown !

Talk about making it difficult for .tel owners to spend money with you - or are we expected to travel to the Excel centre in London to personally visit the stand and register/renew ?

I won't make any further comment - you can probably guess what I feel like saying !

Mike Seaton

PS. The link "www.telnames.tel" on http://bstartup.com/exhibitors/inter...s-limited.html is a dead link !

mikeseaton05-18-2012 12:09 AM

Mark has discovered the code and published it here - http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?p=23733

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-18-2012 12:31 AM

I didnt discover it. Another member sent it to me.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-18-2012 12:33 AM

Maybe Telnames is too busy with the business expo to notify anyone. We'll know over the next couple of days how successful the show is in terms of new registrations.
    Mark

mikeseaton05-18-2012 12:36 AM

Well at least forum members have 2.5 months in which to use the code !

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-18-2012 12:48 AM

2.5 months will be good for after the big drops in June, as then maybe I can find a name suitable to use on Telnames at that price.
    Mark

dottel.net05-18-2012 02:03 AM

i'm still struggling to think of a name i'd want to own for a single page site.... 

i still can't see these single page domains ranking well without some amazing backlinks. adding some subdomains to allow long tail seo optimisation is a must if these are to start ranking well. i'll be happy to be proven wrong...

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-18-2012 04:28 AM

16 Telnames sales Thursday.
    Mark

boracay.tel05-18-2012 07:13 AM

I think the telnames .tel sites are for word of mouth. 
    To simply hand out your business card, forget ranking in search.
    trixie.tel is I believe, a very good example. 
    The card she is handing out is here and is having positive feedback

mikeseaton05-18-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 23763)
    I think the telnames .tel sites are for word of mouth. 
    To simply hand out your business card, forget ranking in search.

[size]
    Which actually was the original .tel concept !

Mike Seaton[/size]

boracay.tel05-18-2012 03:57 PM

But until telnames came along they have not been visually appealing for a single page.

In contrast, directories have been the obvious product to build for speed and with the subdomains
    (different beast BUT stuck because needed more options to be a success on that front)

So we are somewhere waiting in the middle re telnics roadmap

mikeseaton05-18-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 23761)
    16 Telnames sales Thursday.

[size]
    That Is Very Low - .tel probably needs about a 1000 a day new registrations to counter the "n" hundred net loss per day we are currently seeing !

Good job there is the £5 ($7.91 converted by xe.com) offer for the next 2.5 months !

Add in the essential International Affiliate program and the Worldwide Marketing, both of which should be starting on Monday (but won't of course), and we might begin to stand a reasonable chance of getting .tel out to the masses !

I'm not going to add any more - we all know what Telnic/Telnames have to do - it's now just a personal matter of how long you are prepared to wait (and how deep are your pockets) for them to deliver results !

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-18-2012 10:44 PM

Telnames Pinterest page.
    Mark

boracay.tel05-19-2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 23807)
    Telnames Pinterest page.
    Mark

[size]
    if you can't beat em join em.[/size]

TELcp05-19-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 23771)
    Which actually was the original .tel concept !
    Mike Seaton

[size]
    You are absolutely right.
    This is exactly my vision 5 years ago.
    A neat and tidy business card online is what tel is designed for.
    It is happening now, through telnames.

There will be millions of such .tel biz cards very soon !

So, at last it is happening.

:)[/size]

tony mayo05-19-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 23820)
    You are absolutely right.
    This is exactly my vision 5 years ago.
    A neat and tidy business card online is what tel is designed for.
    It is happening now, through telnames.

There will be millions of such .tel biz cards very soon !

So, at last it is happening.

[size]
    So what happens to those of us who have invested time and money in building directories that are making huge strides in spreading the word about the .tel domain?

Everyone is not interested in owning a domain and having to manage it no matter how simple the task is.

And that is where .tel directories come into play in my opinion- offering a local solution to many SMBs and sole traders.

I am absolutely convinced that an SMB keen to have a web presence will always go for a .com or ccTLD. 

The first port of call will be a web designer who will definitely not point them in the direction of .tel - and responsive web design is now addressing mobile needs.

On the other hand, those businesses not bothered with getting a web presence will be happy to continue with their free YP listing and be impressed with YPs push into mobile.

So in a nutshell until .tel moves to game-changing Phase 2 (cannot find link to this post) Telnames will struggle to compete with the YPs of this world and their huge resources and funding etc.

The Telnames offering is certainly a part of the overall future of .tel - and I wish it well - but it is not the only way forward for this domain - or else it will be seen by the majority of ordinary Joes as just another YP.

And the danger is that by the time critical mass happens another Skype will have come along and made the dream obsolete,[/size]

maximka05-19-2012 12:20 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

boracay.tel05-19-2012 12:31 PM

Maximka, I think we must await the next newsletter. I read a twitter a few weeks ago "search for @telnic" where the templates and current subdomin directory style product was discussed as "still bing worked on" or in testing or to that effect...coming soon.

There's 2 distinct products. If the next newsletter doesn't fill in the blanks, then I'd say it's gloves off

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-19-2012 01:05 PM

27 TelNames sold yesterday. Not a huge score (40) for the entire show even at 5 pounds discount. They should have done much better.
    Mark

wibblenut05-19-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 23833)
    27 TelNames sold yesterday. Not a huge score (40) for the entire show even at 5 pounds discount. They should have done much better.
    Mark

[size]
    To be fair I don't think you can expect to sell many at these events as most of your time is spent in conversation with people. Maybe the real value they get out of it is from receiving feedback?[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Telnames .Tel Show Discount Empty Re: Telnames .Tel Show Discount

boracay.tel05-19-2012 03:22 PM

These are networking events right? And then eventually there is the "awards" night.
    Its exposure for sure, but limited. I am grateful though for the show discount being made available to all, and weighing up using the coupon further, much appreciated! The transfers into telnames I do know go smoothly... I would like to see a new forum or spokesperson from telnames be announced and available to answer some very important questions. Well, it's 2 months away before the coupon expires, so there's time for some news to sweeten any bulk move to telnames. 

Newsletter really important this coming month.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-19-2012 03:42 PM

Based on their Twitter and Pinterest feeds they had lots of interest. At 5 pounds you'd think they would have sold far more.
    Mark

boracay.tel05-19-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 23842)
    At 5 pounds you'd think they would have sold far more.
    Mark

[size]
    It's not like the Easter show. a networking event for the most part the exhibitors are also the lurkers. Visitors to telnames probably wanted telnames to buy or use their product or service too. I wonder how many items telnames staff wanted or bought from other exhibitors?

It's important just to get the business concept out there. ...and Then there are the best of show awards type of thing. It's needed publicity sure, but not the selling of show bags type of show.

I think there is more push to come from telnames.
    Its a simple 1 page. it's priced right with the discount 
    That's a separate product now[/size]

TELcp05-19-2012 06:35 PM

@tony
    @maximka

Reply is here at http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthre...3869#post23869

:cool::)

Shahid05-20-2012 09:56 AM

Thanks Grabbed my first .tel from telnames.com as well at Pounds 5 might get some more.

Shahid

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-20-2012 11:39 AM

9 more Telnames yesterday.
    Mark

mikeseaton05-20-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 23827)
    So in a nutshell until .tel moves to game-changing Phase 2 (cannot find link to this post) Telnames will struggle to compete with the YPs of this world and their huge resources and funding etc.

[size]
    Tony, here's the link Phase 2

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 23827)
    So in a nutshell until .tel moves to game-changing Phase 2 (cannot find link to this post) Telnames will struggle to compete with the YPs of this world and their huge resources and funding etc.

And the danger is that by the time critical mass happens another Skype will have come along and made the dream obsolete

[size]
    How many times have I pointed out Time Is Of The Essence re the essential .tel worldwide marketing and promotion ?

But no-one at Telnic appears to be listening !

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton05-20-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 23888)
    9 more Telnames yesterday.

[size]
    Wow !

So what happens now ?

And please don't say be patient - so many of us who have "kept the faith" have been incredibly patient - and loyal - for the past 3 years.

Telnames should be generating a huge amount of interest with the new template if it's genuinely what people want (and are prepared to pay for) !

BUT...

Where's the International Affiliate program ?

Where's the Worldwide marketing and promotion ?

Where's the Tour Bus travelling round the country giving talks at every Chamber of Commerce ?

Where's the promotion at Sports events - London the home of Telnic is hosting the Olympics in a few weeks time !

Where's the plan to get .tel into every major mobile phone retail outlet in the UK, then the USA ?

Where's the plan to make sure "Joe Public" knows about .tel and more importantly desires it ?

I just feel like giving up with the .tel project !

Don't you ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

dottel.net05-20-2012 02:45 PM

still hung over from last nights amazing champions league win - so bear with me

...my two cents - the low reg numbers for telnames should be indicative that sme's are not willing to even spend 5 on something they can get for free (albeit not under their control/brand/domain/etc).

i've always said and will continue to say this - the real value of tel is the seo ability you get from multiple subdomains, etc without having to pay a consultancy hundreds/thousands a month. 

last note on this - the original subdomain product based directories do work, generate traffic and revenue. so again it does what it says on the tin. additional bells and whistles should have been the way to go, i.e. backgrounds, numerous other suggestions we've made over the years to the original template, telpages api search returning geo info, etc

ok back to celebrating - parade at 4pm for any other chelsea fans out there and in London

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-20-2012 03:48 PM

The Telnames template misses the goal for small business: to become aware in their community. Telnames marketing plan appears to be B2B word of mouth marketing. 

Without subdomains, a Telnames site cannot generate any SEO awareness. Unless Telnames is doing some backscenes magic, the only reason Telnames sites appear in Google is because Teldomains.co links to them. 

A small business needs to be walked through setting up a proper search engine awareness program perhaps as a value add. However, that means that Telnames templates need to sold with at least a dozen subdomains to add that value. Owners will soon come to realize it's nothing more than an overpriced online business card.

I'm working on my own SEO questionnaire that will automatically build content for a small business. Will showcase soon. Let's hope Telnic comes to their senses soon and stops this madness of leading the charge via TelNames and provides all features to all .Tel owners.

Mark

tony mayo05-20-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 23889)
    Tony, here's the link Phase 2
    But no-one at Telnic appears to be listening !
    Mike Seaton

[size]
    Thanks for link Mike.

Well, if Telnic don't start listening - and soon - it will be too late. Apple or Google are quite capable of producing a game-changer in this field at any time to tie in with their voice recognition software. 

@dottel.net Agree that the real value up until this point has been seo from multiple sub-domains and it works brilliantly.[/size]

Shahid05-20-2012 08:18 PM

SEO is one of the best advantages it has given my business and I wouldmt stop it here but invest in domains related to my business. I am highly ranked on various search engines for rich keywords bit I normally don't share it. 

But in of the generic terms I used for experiment ' New Marine Parts ' let me know if u see what I see. 
    Things can be tough but its all matter of time to use .tel n take advantage of it until it can last if it for long. 

I advise everyone who have a business or can relate their work with something they can make money from don't lose time or be dependant on anything many supporters have left and lost don't use hope on your self because of slow response from telnic. 

Just a thought which true and some will agree with me.

Shahid

tony mayo05-20-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 23900)
    SEO is one of the best advantages it has given my business and I wouldmt stop it here but invest in domains related to my business. I am highly ranked on various search engines for rich keywords bit I normally don't share it. 

But in of the generic terms I used for experiment ' New Marine Parts ' let me know if u see what I see. Shahid

[size]
    Well done Shahid. Truly amazing SEO.
    http://mayoman.me/tel-images/marineparts.JPG[/size]

mikeseaton05-20-2012 10:16 PM

There's no doubt the Telnic subdomain-based template is great for SEO, and potential revenue generation from the 2 x AdSense ads.

But how can you convince a .tel newbie that Telnames http://chicagousa.tel and Telnic http://domains123.tel are the same product ?

You can't - simple as that !

Couple that with the problem of a newbie seeing a Telnames .tel but registering with another registrar and getting a Telnic .tel, or vice-versa, and you have a confused marketing message for a chargeable product competing with more straightforward marketing messages from (often) free products !

Do Telnic/Telnames not get it ?

You're promoting a single .tel product with 2 totally different presentations to the potential buyer !

Telnic/Telnames, it's "make your mind up time" - one or the other, not both !

Mike Seaton

PS. I know they're different presentations from more or less the same underlying data in the DNS, but that technicality means nothing to users !

Shahid05-21-2012 08:19 AM

Thanks @ Tony

Mike i agree your stress/frustration over telnic but everyone feels that since many of us have been involved with .tel from NOV 2008 but .tel with subdomains is a good concept for SEO if the subdomains vanished i think .tel will have to unlock the domain so people can use it like any normal TLD as for the telnames.com it is a smart move but i think they should all the same with all registrars handling .tel infact we should have 3 ways

1) .tel with subdomain or 
    2) .tel with telnames template

3) .tel with telnames template + value added services like subdomains + picture gallery + all the rest of features as well as different template for different page ( i am willing to pay more and anyone will who knows what it can do ) 

right now with subdomains u can get traffic but how much it goes to the lead is less understood or brought in reality but if we have subdomains + telnames templates + different pages different gallery trust me it is going to be a big blast

i might be wrong but i can be true for a while until i cash my money from it as i had invested since start.

TelRise05-21-2012 12:32 PM

Well done Shahid. You are number 1 on Google.co.uk for "new marine parts" The subdomain "new" makes all the difference.

tony mayo05-21-2012 01:33 PM

@Telirse
    I like askfor.me - it has great potential http://askfor.me/hazel.html
    Any sign of Hazel heading west!

Shahid05-21-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TelRise (Post 23907)
    Well done Shahid. You are number 1 on Google.co.uk for "new marine parts" The subdomain "new" makes all the difference.

[size]
    Thanks, i concentrate on google.com more if its on .com it will be mostly all over.

by the way i have mayfair.me incase you ever decide to build a non .tel site let me know.

Shahid[/size]

mikeseaton05-21-2012 06:31 PM

http://AskFor.me looks a great idea - a Telnames style page with each person having their own directory (ideal for SEO) and what's more it's FREE.

Surprised the owner wants to keep their identity secret (see http://www.easywhois.com/?domain=askfor.me) - if it was me I'd build it up with people who might have bought a .tel (but were confused by what .tel was offering - and preferred Free anyway) to say 500-1000K users and then sell out.

I seem to remember Mark was very keen on Dot Me - http://AskFor.me is certainly a very good advertisement for what you can do with it.

I know the user doesn't have total control over the domain as they only have a directory - but that applies to Facebook as well !

Mike Seaton

PS. http://AskFor.me does need to add Click-To-Call phone number(s) - very easily done.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-21-2012 06:39 PM

@........r has done a great job linking Askfor.me to .Tel domains. I have a plan for my .Me domains in conjunction with an offering for .Tel coming after my vacation in June. All here can participate.
    Mark
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-21-2012 06:46 PM

Suggestion to AskFor.me would be to resell .Tel domains as alternate to the free landing page. The landing page just has a picture and name, while the linked .Tel has the meat. Also don't use .html suffix after the name, use .htaccess file to convert, like for examplepwr.me/Hazel.
    Mark

mikeseaton05-21-2012 06:54 PM

How to keep everyone happy !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 23904)
    Mike i agree your stress/frustration over telnic but everyone feels that since many of us have been involved with .tel from NOV 2008 but .tel with subdomains is a good concept for SEO if the subdomains vanished i think .tel will have to unlock the domain so people can use it like any normal TLD.

[size]
    So surely the answer is to have an image-based template with subdomains for those who want it - that way it all looks the same except some domains have more pages ?

That is effectively what was promised to all .tel users and all .tel registrars with the announcement of Winner 2 of the Design Competition.

These 3 winning templates were due to be launched in Q2 2011 (i.e. no later than 30 June 2011) according to the much loved Roadmap which disappeared on 1 July 2011 !

Will these 3 templates ever be launched by Telnic ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

Blunderer05-21-2012 09:22 PM

@TelRise,

I'm liking http://Mayfair.tel :)

Shahid05-22-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 23914)
    So surely the answer is to have an image-based template with subdomains for those who want it - that way it all looks the same except some domains have more pages ?

That is effectively what was promised to all .tel users and all .tel registrars with the announcement of Winner 2 of the Design Competition.

These 3 winning templates were due to be launched in Q2 2011 (i.e. no later than 30 June 2011) according to the much loved Roadmap which disappeared on 1 July 2011 !

Will these 3 templates ever be launched by Telnic ?

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Exactly, but as i said either we wait or cash our money how ever we can and enjoy life than stress our selves and land in a hospital :)[/size]

TelRise05-22-2012 03:27 PM

Thanks for feedback re AskFor.me guys.
    If anyone here is interested in having a page added please pm me. Still not sure how to create pages without .html suffix. Any info on this would be welcome (and it would be essential anyway before future development) Would love to add more pages with real people, along with prominent links to one or two tels for each.

TelRise05-22-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 23908)
    @Telirse
    I like askfor.me - it has great potential http://askfor.me/hazel.html
    Any sign of Hazel heading west!

[size]
    Tony,
    I'll let you know if she heads that way. Just DON'T bring your camera.[/size]

dottel.net05-22-2012 03:33 PM

easiest way is to add something like this to your .htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1.html [L]

assuming your actual filename is a html page
    Problem with this though is it will attempt to rewrite all your urls so you may want to add some exclusions above it.

i.e.
    RewriteRule ^dont-touch-this-url$ file-you-want-to-load [L]

TelRise05-22-2012 05:35 PM

Thanks Mark and Dottel.net. I can see I've got some learning to do.

dialaroom05-22-2012 05:56 PM

@telrise - dottel.net is right, by using Apache's mod rewrite. Here's a link to an old blog article which explains it simply -http://eisabainyo.net/weblog/2007/08...-via-htaccess/

mikeseaton05-22-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 23928)
    Exactly, but as i said either we wait or cash our money how ever we can and enjoy life than stress our selves and land in a hospital

[size]
    @Shahid

Many may well conclude that is the best strategy in the current confusing situation re Telnic & Telnames !

The only problem for them of course is how to cash-in their money invested in .tel ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

Shahid05-22-2012 09:17 PM

If you need money from .tel monetize it how ? 

If you have your own business try to get as many as leads to your business indirectly you will be getting your worth back.

If you don't have a business then SEO is to max and add dummy Cos in limit and try to show your ranking to people the more people see you online and you give them a chance to see your priority ranking the will surely pay you 100 USD an yr per co but depends how you target search keywords

I am using my .tel solely for my business and I no doubt can say I am happy . 

Shahid

TelRise05-23-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 23936)
    @telrise - dottel.net is right, by using Apache's mod rewrite. Here's a link to an old blog article which explains it simply -http://eisabainyo.net/weblog/2007/08...-via-htaccess/

[size]
    Thanks @ Dialaroom I will try to make sense of it. Steep learning curve for non techie like me.[/size]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 4:08 am