The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Remove Print this

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Remove Print this Empty Remove Print this

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:51 am

spline12-20-2010 10:53 AM

Remove Print this

I would be good if you could have the "print this" as optional, without changing the look, since its displayed by google in the search results

https://2img.net/h/oi52.tinypic.com/1dyrm.png

This also goes for Download Vcard.

maximka12-20-2010 12:49 PM

The Telnic's logo at the right side should also be optional, as it brings nothing nor for TEL-site owner, nor for the user.

dialaroom12-20-2010 01:46 PM

Not trying to deride any comments or requests for what everyone wants their own .tels to do or be able to do with them. 

However, I do think it bears careful thought before removing everything unique to .tel. I believe there should be something that tells people this is not an ordinary web based site, it is a .tel.

For popularity to grow and awareness of what a .tel is and why it is so much better for mobile browsing, than a normal web based site and for people to want to find the .tel of a business or person and use telpages, there has to be a logo or something to tell people they are using .tel DNS technology.

The .tel TLD has to be as important as the content or it will never be seen as unique and of unique value.

If you don't agree then you can get everything you want, or don't want by registering any other TLD and a bit of free web space.

Bunjie12-20-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spline (Post 11927)
    I would be good if you could have the "print this" as optional, without changing the look, since its displayed by google in the search results

https://2img.net/h/oi52.tinypic.com/1dyrm.png

This also goes for Download Vcard.

[size]
    If Telnic make the text "print this" as an overlay image and not text, it wont pick up that keyword because it won't be in text form to be read by the bot spider. 

Get what I mean? If I post a pic that says "print this" it won't be spidered by the text bit unless it's been tagged with text under it as alternate text "print this image".

So that would solve the issue but will add a little more load on the proxy.

I also think the side info box should be rounded edges and not square so if we do decide to remove the print this and download vcard links we still get the overall theme and can add things we want, like a share this link manually for each page.[/size]

maximka12-20-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 11929)
    However, I do think it bears careful thought before removing everything unique to .tel. I believe there should be something that tells people this is not an ordinary web based site, it is a .tel.

[size]
    I think people can easily know that this website is a TEL-website not because of Telnic's logo present now on our sites but because people can see or type in the browser this: ".tel".

The more restrictions and unwanted features are put to the owners of TEL, the less attractive TEL seems to them. And, respectively, the smaller number of people who are willing to get their TEL will be.[/size]

dialaroom12-20-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 11933)
    I think people can easily know that this website is a TEL-website not because of Telnic's logo present now on our sites but because people can see or type in the browser this: ".tel".

The more restrictions and unwanted features are put to the owners of TEL, the less attractive TEL seems to them. And, respectively, the smaller number of people who are willing to get their TEL will be.

[size]
    Not sure how many people type a domain suffix into a search engine. 

Appearing to be like other TLDs, when it is not, in my opinion could be the downfall of .tel as a unique, fast, mobile super friendly, interactive, contact info website.

Why not build your bells and whistles site with a .com. or other generic TLD.[/size]

maximka12-20-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 11934)
    Appearing to be like other TLDs, when it is not, in my opinion could be the downfall of .tel as a unique, fast, mobile super friendly, interactive, contact info website.

[size]
    Do you really think that removal of that Telnic's logo will lead to " the downfall of .tel as a unique, fast, mobile super friendly, interactive, contact info website"? 

And all the uniqueness of TEL depends of that little picture? :eek:

In this site and in many others we can see Telnic's logo. So, by your logic, does it mean that these sites are TEL-sites?

Quote:
    [/size]

Why not build your bells and whistles site with a .com. or other generic TLD.

[size]
    Why not to let owner of TEL-site to decide what options he wants to have on the site which belongs to him and what no?[/size]

Cees12-21-2010 06:43 AM

I can only agree with dialaroom here,
    Coca Cola isn't going to ever dismember any part of their branding, the .tel logo has to stay, otherwise get a different tld.
    A large part of a .tel is it's uniformity, it gives the user confidence when landing on the site and takes out a lot of the guess work about what to click on, that's the problem with a lot of sites, too many distractions.

dialaroom12-21-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 11935)
    Why not to let owner of TEL-site to decide what options he wants to have on the site which belongs to him and what no?

[size]
    All for letting people choose what they want as extras or not, but it appears some owners want to swap "The Prancing Horse" for the " Spirit of Ecstacy".

All I say is why buy the Ferrari in the first place when what you really want is a Rolls Royce.[/size]

spline12-21-2010 01:16 PM

I do agree that people should see that they are on a .tel site.

As for making, the print this into an image, I dont think its that good since it cant be translated as easily and I´m not that much for text images.

boracay.tel12-21-2010 01:43 PM

simple really. on/off options

maximka12-21-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 11939)
    All for letting people choose what they want as extras or not, but it appears some owners want to swap "The Prancing Horse" for the " Spirit of Ecstacy". 
    All I say is why buy the Ferrari in the first place when what you really want is a Rolls Royce.

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Why not build your bells and whistles site with a .com. or other generic TLD.

[size]
    Yes, you catched my thought very well - I do not want at my site things which you call "bells and whistles" and to which I attribute Telnic's logo, "print this" and "VCard". Of course, you have a right to have your own opinion on all issues and manage your own TEL-sites in the manner you want. At the same time I think that it is my right to manage site, which is mine, in a way I consider optimal. 

By the way, please, have a look at this TEL-site: http://lucywang_tel/. At the right side there is a little yellow advertisment with text "Tel区
    为您提供一站式个人网络社区服务". As I saw, all TELs registered by this Chinese registrar (Telchina_org) have this ads. Do you think, that persons who will ask to remove that ad from their TEL also want to swap "The Prancing Horse" for the " Spirit of Ecstacy" ? And do you think that such ads put to the TEL-sites without permission and desire of customers will increase the number of people willing to have a TEL?

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 11946)

[size]
    Exactly.[/size]

dialaroom12-21-2010 06:13 PM

Maximka, my comments were not meant as a criticism of you in any way, of course you should be at liberty to have your own opinion on all issues and manage your own TEL-sites in the manner you want. And I do not agree with a compulsory ad like http://lucywang.tel/.

I just believe that .tels need to maintain and display their uniqueness to become not just another TLD. that's why I tend to use the original style template which doesn't show the "Print This" box and the V-card is feint and at the bottom, but has the .tel logo top right. 

Boracay, of course, has the simple answer, lets hope the new template options will please everyone and we can all happily populate and promote our .tels.

dottel12-22-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 11946)

[size]
    Exactly..
    An option to switch the features on/off

Tel should be unique but should not restrict the users to switch options/features on/off.[/size]

dottel12-22-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 11928)
    The Telnic's logo at the right side should also be optional, as it brings nothing nor for TEL-site owner, nor for the user.

[size]
    Absolutely true
    These kind of stuff should be optional and user should have more control over what options/features to enable or disable on his/her site[/size]

teltheworld12-22-2010 01:32 PM

I agree with Dottel and Maximka

IMHO the .Tel Logo looks an eyesore stuck there where it is and does nothing to enhance the design of the page.

I would rather not see it at all but if it has to go anywhere, then how about at Top Right of the page?

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 11:01 am