The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Print this page

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Print this page Empty Print this page

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:28 am

boracay.tel09-16-2010 09:38 AM

Print this page

Can somebody please shed some light on the "print this page" link? Why doesn't it show up on the screen? I have been asked by a number of resorts as how do they tell their guests to easily print the page (ie the map location and details on a quick page)

That code is in every proxy generated page. Is there a display bug? The link is not showing up anywhere. Should it be next to the "vcard" link?

Thanks in advance.

Aled09-16-2010 10:26 AM

Hello boracay,

The "Print This" on the web proxy was only introduced when the new templates were added. To keep the "original" design as similar as possible to how it was, this wasn't included in that template. All of the other templates include a "Print This" buttom (as shown on aled.tel).

Are any of the other templates suitable for your needs? Otherwise I can add a request for a "print this" button to the template you are using. I can't guarantee it will be added I'm afraid as it's quite possible that some people are using that template for the precise reason that it doesn't have a "print this" button.

boracay.tel09-16-2010 11:39 AM

I asked a few months ago, before we committed to going with the retro theme, about the possibility of mixing of two themes. 1 theme for the directory structured alphabetical pages, and the other (most appropriately) for the final "landing" pages. Final landing pages won out.

So, In our attempts to provide the best directory experience possible, yes please, I am asking for the help and consideration of the telnic team.

Please turn on the link, to provide the means to print from the retro theme.
    Thank you for your consideration.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-16-2010 02:14 PM

Why not have the dev team add a Print Page option ON or OFF to the CTH settings?
    Mark

mikeseaton09-16-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 10958)
    Why not have the dev team add a Print Page option ON or OFF to the CTH settings?
    Mark

[size]
    Good idea Mark - I would like to see this extended to the "Download vCard" link as well - I would imagine this has no meaning to the vast majority of visitors to a Dot Tel site and therefore serves only to confuse.

If the "Download vCard" link cannot be an optional link, please can we have a title="explanation of vCard" added to the hyperlink so "Joe Public" knows what it is referring to?

Mike Seaton[/size]

dialaroom09-16-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 10954)
    Hello boracay,

The "Print This" on the web proxy was only introduced when the new templates were added. To keep the "original" design as similar as possible to how it was, this wasn't included in that template. All of the other templates include a "Print This" buttom (as shown on aled.tel).

Are any of the other templates suitable for your needs? Otherwise I can add a request for a "print this" button to the template you are using. I can't guarantee it will be added I'm afraid as it's quite possible that some people are using that template for the precise reason that it doesn't have a "print this" button.

[size]
    I would love to see the Print This button on the original design, can't think of anyone or any reason why users wouldn't want it. Option on or off would be better, why not poll it here on the forum. It would be used much more often than the vCard is.[/size]

Blunderer09-16-2010 09:48 PM

Dialaroom/Mark/Boracay - count me in.
    Mike - good point, well put.

Roy

boracay.tel10-03-2010 06:44 AM

Is there going to be a decision on this anytime soon please

Aled10-04-2010 10:17 AM

boracay.tel, as mentioned in the August newsletter, we are currently focused on the new improved interface and as a result functional updates have to be kept to a minimum until this is complete. We've made a note of your request and will examine it fully when the next updates are being considered.

boracay.tel10-04-2010 12:13 PM

Ok then. Appreciate the reply Aled.

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 5:43 pm