The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Hobbies / Interests - Auto combine

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Hobbies / Interests - Auto combine Empty Hobbies / Interests - Auto combine

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:12 am

Bunjie02-22-2011 04:32 AM

Hobbies / Interests - Auto combine

When we add multiple Hobbies / Interests sections can we either have it auto combined into one block of data, or have block section headers like Hobbies / Interests - Something (a-z)

Or can you extend the current limits on how much Hobbies / Interests data we can add Or can you give us another section up in that area thats like free text but posts above that lower section with a custom header.

nadya02-22-2011 10:48 AM

Bunjie,
    I believe custom keywords are supported at the API level, so Mark's tools should be able to create those where you'd have a custom heading formatting and text to follow.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-22-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 12979)
    Bunjie,
    I believe custom keywords are supported at the API level, so Mark's tools should be able to create those where you'd have a custom heading formatting and text to follow.

[size]
    Yes the free Quick Update tool has always allowed you to create "custom keyword" sections within the free text area, eg www.greentips.tel. Oddly enough we were just discussing the merits of standardizing this feature last week, so I am waiting on a TelHosting update from Telnic that will also highlight the section title in bold.

Mark[/size]

Cees02-23-2011 07:36 AM

Hi Mark,

Is it possible to show local time on your visitor counter?

Thanks
    Cees

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-23-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 12998)
    Hi Mark,

Is it possible to show local time on your visitor counter?

Thanks
    Cees

[size]
    Haven't been able to find a way since this functionality is performed on my server sitting in Texas and have no way of knowing where the visitor is. With a .com etc, the local browser time could be used to calculate a difference, but not possible with .tel.
    Mark[/size]

Cees02-23-2011 07:14 PM

Thanks for the reply Mike, time is not on my side then.

Bunjie02-24-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 12982)
    Yes the free Quick Update tool has always allowed you to create "custom keyword" sections within the free text area, eg www.greentips.tel. Oddly enough we were just discussing the merits of standardizing this feature last week, so I am waiting on a TelHosting update from Telnic that will also highlight the section title in bold.

Mark

[size]
    Tested it, I see how it works now your brilliant well done.

It does have a tendacy to cut off the header text on my top yellow ads for some reason.

When I do replace it cuts it off at:

Quote:
    [/size]

Click to Join Second Life. It

[size]
    When it used to be:

Quote:
    [/size]

Click to Join Second Life. It's FREE! Join now >>

[size]
    I guess the bug is in the ' ' '

Telnic needs to give us access to add black text in that more info section, as just a complete header it's not as nice as when it's generic enterd.

I don't see why we have to use 'undefined' why can't telnic define a free text thats not in the lower section and uses black text? so we can have a turquoise header and black text, why must we stuff everything into the header section and suffer with turquoise text?

And Telnic what good is 255 characters for Hobbies & Interests? do you have Facebook? why can't we import data from the URL enterd into a .tel? like grant access to .tel control panel and import Activities and interests from facebook into our Hobbies & Interests section? and expand it so when we add more it auto adds them?

When are you going to start adding auto import? and export for services like this?

The problem with .tel is that people don't have much time to update it, or know how to update it, focus on auto import from services 'the lazy denominator wins' people know how to enter their facebook or twitter URL e.t.c and verify it so it can grab data. They just don't know how to present themselfs.

Heres another sub-rival http://www.qodify.com

I'm sure your working hard but I would really really really love the basics like being able to enter a custom header and have BLACK text of an unlimited length.

And the ablity to grant .tel access to my Facebook, Twitter, Flickr e.t.c and have it auto update my .tel sections.

And second and 3rd+ level url masking, like if I want to post http://facto.bunjie.tel on another part of my .tel it masks it to facto like it does if it's onhttp://bunjie.tel

And optional masking if it's a link to another .tel http://customizing.tel > Customizing[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-24-2011 05:42 PM

Custom keywords to merge hobbies, about me into one section now available: http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1780
    Custom keywords are searchable and found via Telpages..
    Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 7:22 pm