The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

auto responder

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

auto responder Empty auto responder

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 5:11 am

kartable07-12-2010 03:02 PM

auto responder

Hello to all

I am looking for a way to set an auto responder with one of my .tel email addresses.

I am using Hotmail for their easy way to create email addresses wth MX, but they do not seem to allow auto responders. At least, I can't find any option in their mail settings.

I there a way to set something from the Telnic side ?

Aled07-12-2010 04:52 PM

welcome to the forum kartable,

As your .tel is forwarding the mail on to your mailbox, there is nothing it can do with regards to auto responding. Would a vacation auto-responder be suitable with the correct message? According to this article - http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Sen...tmail_29625900 this is possible with some hotmail accounts, although I must admit I don't seem to have the option in mine. 

If you also don't have the option in Hotmail I know that it's an option for Gmail accounts alternatively.

kartable07-12-2010 06:33 PM

Thank you Aled, 

I also had read this article but my Hotmail does not have the option. Does anyone have it ? or is it something that is no longer available ?

The problem with the Gmail configuration is that it depends on a Google Apps acount that is worth USD 40 a month. Just for an auto responder, that would be much money!

rgolds07-13-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kartable (Post 9954)
    Thank you Aled, 

I also had read this article but my Hotmail does not have the option. Does anyone have it ? or is it something that is no longer available ?

The problem with the Gmail configuration is that it depends on a Google Apps acount that is worth USD 40 a month. Just for an auto responder, that would be much money!

[size]
    You can get a standard Google Apps account for free: http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html

Hope this helps.[/size]

kartable07-14-2010 05:08 PM

Thank you for the link Rgolds. It appears that there is a possibility for free with Google Apps. Now there is another problem: they will allow 50 different addresses, whereas the paid version of Google Apps as well as the free Hotmail will accept any amount of free accounts.

So now, I am in the process of getting my domain accepted by Google. Even if I can read here and there that Google hate (?) .tel domains. 

Am I supposed to wait for 48 hours to check that ?

rgolds07-14-2010 05:14 PM

Actually, the free version allows 50 different USERS. You can have an unlimited number of addresses by using a catch-all to route all mail sent toanything@yourdomain.com to your account (alternatively, as a Google Apps administrator, you can set numerous nicknames that causes all mail to those nicknames to be routed to that user). You can then set up the vacation auto-responder to reply to all of those emails.

Read http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=25922 for more information about the vacation autoresponder.

Best,
    -Ryan

Aled07-14-2010 05:17 PM

with regards to Google and .tel, there was an issue a few weeks ago which seemd to be an error linked their new caffeine search index, but this has been resolved and we're not aware of any issues with Google. Indeed some members on here are seeing some very good results with their .tel in Google.

kartable07-14-2010 05:46 PM

A catch-all would not be the solution for me. Actually I was thinking of having as many users as possible, each with his own email address (Hotmail offers the possibility for any user to get his email with my dot tel domain) + a dot tel auto-responder where anyone could get the links to the explanations.

At this stage, I am still wondering if this is not too scary to allow anyone to use emails with my dot tel domain. But this is another question.

Technically, I am also wondering whether the implementation of MX settings for both Hotmail and Google will do it: one for the ability to get as many users as possible, the other for the auto-responder.

I have been waiting for some news from Google for 3 days. I registered with Google Apps but I still have no access to Gmail with my dot tel addresses. Why ?

I definitely think I will leave Hotmail, even if it works fine for the moment, just because I can't have an auto-responder there.

kartable07-28-2010 07:14 AM

I am coming back to you all with my questions regarding Google and their verification procedure. There is probably something missing in the tutorial (in the community tips) as waiting 48 hours does not help!

nadya07-28-2010 11:36 AM

Kartable,
    Can you share with us which Google service are you verifying with, and what's the domain you're trying to get confirmed? 
    I've tested both Webmaster Tools and Apps in the past and it worked, although another user had temporary problems with verification round about the time when Google had the results setback. The problem seems to have been rectified since then, but let's take a look.

kartable07-28-2010 12:43 PM

Hi Nadia,

Thanks for your reply. The procedure is with Google Apps where I already have a "teams account" and the verification step for the domain administrator: they want to check with CNAME or HTML with a string that their server will look for in the DNS or on a file located on the disk space accessible under the domain name. 

https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/mydo...erifyOwnership

This step is impossible with a dot tel domain, so that their procedure is not even started. It is useless to wait for 48 hours, because they will check only if you select CNAME or HTML. And there is not a third choice.

nadya07-28-2010 12:52 PM

Kartable,

As explained in Tip 11 of the Tips section, you can create a TXT record with the value of the CNAME that Google is asking for to verify domain ownership. There's also an alternative method to create a folder (sub-domain) with that value, as illustrated by Haussmann.

kartable07-28-2010 03:02 PM

May I suggest that Tip 6 of the Tips section be completed with that clue ? It says one should wait 48 hours, but 2 steps are missing : 
    - creation of the string as a folder to appear like a subdomain
    - validation as a CNAME, so that the verification process starts

I my case, I've been waiting for 2 weeks for nothing. Like Haussmann, I realized this morning that creating a folder with the verification string could do it. So now I am waiting with some hope that it works.

Thanks again Nadya :))

nadya07-28-2010 10:49 PM

Kartable, good point, will do. I hope the verification works this time. We've had this question asked and answered before on this forum, and there must be users who have set this free email hosting up successfully.

kartable08-05-2010 07:38 AM

If anyone has had the experience successfully, please advise. Because it still does not work for me ;(

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 12:12 pm