The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Timeline for Updates

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Timeline for Updates Empty Timeline for Updates

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:15 am

AJV USA02-24-2011 08:38 PM

Timeline for Updates

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 13036)

P.S. - Please clarify patience, it's been 2 years already, what are you saying ?

[size]
    Yes, please do give some indication that is valid please.

We've been strung along like absorbers for 2 years already. I'm on the fence with a negative lean already and another carrot isn't going to do the trick this time.

:mad:[/size]

telrific02-24-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJV USA (Post 13037)
    Yes, please do give some indication that is valid please.

We've been strung along like absorbers for 2 years already. I'm on the fence with a negative lean already and another carrot isn't going to do the trick this time.

:mad:

[size]
    I'm on the fence with a positive lean, but yes, "strung along" is accurate - to say the least.

Prior to General Availability there was success based upon 2 simple premises/promises:

1. A quality tel page for Registrants
    2. A quality directory for Users

STILL TALKING about number 1. "getting better in time, please be patient" after 2 years isn't going very far any more, I agree.

:confused:[/size]

AJV USA02-25-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 13038)
    Prior to General Availability there was success based upon 2 simple premises/promises:

1. A quality tel page for Registrants
    2. A quality directory for Users

STILL TALKING about number 1. "getting better in time, please be patient" after 2 years isn't going very far any more, I agree.

[size]
    STILL TALKING about number 1 AND number 2 after this long past General Availability is ridiculous period.

I can appreciate that it takes time to get a world full of participants but seriously ?

When you can't provide a REAL telpage and telpages directory structure after 2 years to even 1 user ???

What is being done today by Telnic should have been done, completed, and provided DAY 1 to begin with ... 

... but now to be 2 years down the road and have the "please be patient" speech, are you kidding ??????

I am SICK AND TIRED of being patient quite honestly, and I wonder if the people who weren't
    patient and saw this trend weren't smart to walk away last year.

WE GIVE:

TIME, MONEY, PATIENCE, AND FAITH TO TELNIC and what do we get in return ?

One ill-conceived notion after another, and please be MORE patient ... SERIOUSLY ???

I believe the saying is: "You can put lipstick on a pig, and it's still a pig" ....

... is this where we are with .TEL or NOT ????

telrific02-25-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJV USA (Post 13055)
    STILL TALKING about number 1 AND number 2 after this long past General Availability is ridiculous period... is this where we are with .TEL or NOT ????

:mad:

[size]
    I can appreciate your sentiment - it has certainly been conveyed by many on and off this forum and around the industry.

HOWEVER, remember that just like anything else, it's your choice to support or run, and no one is forcing you in either direction.

I can certainly see how those who have given time, money, patience, and faith are growing weary and feeling betrayed too, this is obviously a less than professional endeavor.

Using the contest to choose templates vs. self recognition that a slogan area is needed to gain support, then throwing that element out when someone else does see the needs certainly shows a serious lack of awareness needed to provide even the slightest hope of mass support.

"Reinventing the wheel" is admirable, but only to a certain extent.

"Getting companies to drop their slogans and/or desire to use them in advertising" is simply blindness.

"Blind leading the Blind" was something I heard said last year ... 

.... I don't know if it's that bad, but the trend does continue.

Make your choice just like everyone else !

:o[/size]

Simon G02-25-2011 08:47 PM

The way I see it is this.

Rome wasn't built in a day and babys dont jump out of the womb running.

A unique domain name registry which hangs and structures its clients data on the DNS is not going to start out in year one with the same identical product and direction it is going to have in year twenty.

If its not for you, like its not for many others I suggest jump out now and watch how it performs. 
    You can be one of those people who see's something different and watch's it fail while glad you got out while you could. 
    Or you could be one of those people who watchs something succeed amazingly well and wishs they could have been part of it again.

Me I'm going to sit on in here, while I may like somethings to work differently, be faster, smoother, more efficent, and rapidly adopted by the general public. I'm happy providing my little bit of constructive input from time to time, doing what I do in the rest of my life and enjoying the ride on a beast which is certainly different to the rest.

Why not jump back over to my side of the fence, dont spend your life savings, be realistic and not overly optimistic to timeframes which are not deliverable and say what you want and how in a diplomatic manner.

telrific02-25-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 13068)

... babys dont jump out of the womb running.

[size]
    No, but when Telnic says "Please Celebrate The Birth Of .TEL" to the World Generally on March 23, 2009 they DO expect to see a BABY, and NOT the Promise of a Baby and BABY PARTS occasionally for 2 years ....

:rolleyes:[/size]

AJV USA02-25-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 13071)
    No, but when Telnic says "Please Celebrate The Birth Of .TEL" to the World Generally on March 23, 2009 they DO expect to see a BABY, and NOT the Promise of a Baby and BABY PARTS occasionally for 2 years ....

:rolleyes:

[size]
    This was not the Brochure, and THAT is a FACT:

Simon G02-25-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Simon G View Post

... babys dont jump out of the womb running.

[size]
    No but as we are using the baby analogy, I would expect to :
    protect it, 
    nurture it, 
    clean it, 
    dress it and train it. 
    Untill it develops in its own time. 
    Once it got older I would encourage it to do things it was good at and occasionally put it out of its comfort zone so it could adapt to situations outwith its control.

You know what I'm saying your just to excited too admit it :eek:[/size]

telrific02-25-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 13074)
    No but as we are using the baby analogy, I would expect to :
    protect it, 
    nurture it, 
    clean it, 
    dress it and train it. 
    Untill it develops in its own time. 
    Once it got older I would encourage it to do things it was good at and occasionally put it out of its comfort zone so it could adapt to situations outwith its control.

You know what I'm saying your just to excited too admit it :eek:

[size]
    I admit everything, so again, where's the Baby ?

I see parts.

:eek:[/size]

AJV USA02-25-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 13075)
    I admit everything, so again, where's the Baby ?

I see parts.

:eek:

[size]
    C'mon telrific, can't you see the baby ? Here it is:

:p[/size]

telrific02-25-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJV USA (Post 13076)
    C'mon telrific, can't you see the baby ? Here it is:

:p

[size]
    Cute. But I don't think it's actually walking yet.

;)[/size]

maximka03-04-2011 11:17 AM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

AJV USA03-04-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 13192)
    AJV USAteltific, may be the real problem is that you have too much TELs in your portfolio? May be it is worth to consider the restructuring of it? It is better instead of few hundreds to have few names, but of the highest quality. It is the same price of renewing the old name or of registering the new one. I would dropped all two-word names and would take single English nouns instead. Now, when nobody is sure about TELs perspective it is still possible.

[size]
    Well, maybe, let's see:

.COM Registrations - 93,563,748
    .TEL Registrations - 333,300

This means that .TEL needs 93,230,448 more registrations to catch up.

Considering ours are all quality as evidenced by the CPC/Traffic value in the World, I am guessing not only do we need MORE quality names, but so do you !

:D[/size]

telrific03-04-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 13192)
    AJV USAtelrific, may be the real problem is that you have too much TELs in your portfolio? May be it is worth to consider the restructuring of it? It is better instead of few hundreds to have few names, but of the highest quality. It is the same price of renewing the old name or of registering the new one. I would dropped all two-word names and would take single English nouns instead. Now, when nobody is sure about TELs perspective it is still possible.

[size]
    Maybe the REAL problem isn't the Registrant at all, regardless of quantity or quality .. EVER.

Whether a well developed .TEL portfolio, or simply "Joe with an email address" .TEL will ALWAYS represent 
    a wide variety of people and Registrants of all kind.

When that COLLECTIVE effort can't be created and driven by the PROMISE made in the beginning of a quality TelPage and Directory ... Hmmm

You start calling the Registrants the problem and it will start a Revolution, and perhaps a War !

maximka03-04-2011 03:12 PM

telrific03-04-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 13198)
    Two- and three-words names are not the quality names, they are the second-choice names. I personally have only two such names - and the only reason why I had registered them is that I wanted to make a project on them. Now, at the present moment of time, to keep such names as an investment means to waste money without any hope to return them back in the nearest 5-10 years.

[size]
    KeywordSpy.com and Google AdWords proves whether or not "something is a waste of money" or "has a hope of return or not" every minute of every day.

Nothing of anyone's opinion is even worth mentioning if you check the facts first.

I see daily drops every day, and most should be, while quality goes unregistered.

Waste and Hope is not a matter of opinion. This is about Math, not Art.

;)[/size]

maximka03-04-2011 03:21 PM

telrific03-04-2011 03:44 PM

This is why everyone was excited about .TEL and some still are.

Some have just heard of it, and some will hear for the first time tomorrow.

"I'll believe it when I see it" is why most drop and run ... they simply don't see it, they only see more promises of "it to come".

Patience is a virtue, or death, but that difference comes at the hand of FULFILLMENT, not Registrant.

telrific03-04-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJV USA (Post 13196)
    Well, maybe, let's see:

.COM Registrations - 93,563,748
    .TEL Registrations - 333,300

This means that .TEL needs 93,230,448 more registrations to catch up.

Considering ours are all quality as evidenced by the CPC/Traffic value in the World, I am guessing not only do we need MORE quality names, but so do you !

[size]
    From Keywordspy.com:

Find Profitable Keyword ...
    Over 127 Million ...

Looks like this statement below is the farthest from the truth with us !

Quote:
    [/size]

...to keep such names as an investment means to waste money without any hope to return ...

[size]
    I don't think that 0.000003 is too many.

What we have says there are still 127 million profitable Keywords yet to be registered !

Guess that's not the real problem after all !

I would check the Quality of the Marketing and the Quality of the Product Itself.

;)[/size]

Simon G03-04-2011 08:44 PM

its not
    Quote:

KeywordSpy.com and Google AdWords

[size]
    that tell you something is a waste of money or not: it is actually Return on investment that tells you whether something is a waste of money or not.[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Timeline for Updates Empty Re: Timeline for Updates

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:15 am

telrific03-04-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 13212)
    its not that tell you something is a waste of money or not: it is actually Return on investment that tells you whether something is a waste of money or not.

[size]
    That is absolutely true, I agree 100% !

The point was investing with the hope of a return being a waste or not. (Where we are now.)

"Hope" is then one of two things for your investment, while you await that return:

1. Possibility (might be a waste)
    2. Probability (might be a waste, but less likely)

PROOF of a Keyword giving ROI many places is what makes the investment more valid, or a probability.

The suggestion was "less names" "more quality".

More or less is not really valid, quality is present in all we have, 
    thus aiding the Probability regardless of quantity - more quantity w/quality, more return.

If I had anything that didn't show proof of ROI as a Keyword already, 
    the suggestion would be well received. That isn't the case.

This thread ultimately is about the timeframe of our Investment and Return.

If other efforts have proven the intelligent investment and return on Keywords,
    and a new effort is started, then a Marketshare is the only issue for a return.

This is the problem, TelPages and .TEL marketshare of Internet users - ZERO.

And after OVER 2 YEARS.

That speaks VOLUMES, but it doesn't make our probability a waste .... yet !

It also never makes our probability a return necessarily either, but there's no real reason for it not to when the quality is there, and proven, on all terms ... Telnic/TelPages Dependant on the return to begin with of course.

If the "Facebook" or "YellowPages" or "Google" marketing and Product Greatness is there, they will come !

And when they do 127 million search terms are PROBABLY going to get used !

And if they don't 1 or 127 million in my portfolio won't be the difference.

AJV USA03-04-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 13214)
    ... This thread ultimately is about the timeframe of our Investment and Return ...

[size]
    Exactly, and based upon this great TelPages Global Directory of Over 2 Years ago !

Pick something we have listed, oh, say Mobile Websites.

mobilewebsites.com just sold as a domain name without website for $10,000.00 USD last week.

mobilewebsites.com has no inherent value as a keyword in a directory.

"mobile websites" is searched 90,000 times each month, just in the United States.

46 Companies compete for Leads and pay $1.51 USD each just for the opportunity to sell to the potential customer.

Google makes big bucks off of it.

MobileWebsites.tel purchase price - $2,265.00 USD (cheap for now).

Lease price to 46+ Companies just in the United States - Much More ... In time.

Value of MobileWebsites.tel - ultimately more than the investment price of MobileWebsites.com

TelPages awareness and Marketshare based upon greater value today ... oops, gets quiet !

Whether we have 1 or 10,000 or 100,000,000 names, quality is there !

TelPages.com

Is investment quality the issue ? ... nope.

telrific03-04-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

AdWords is Google's main advertising product and main source of revenue. Google's total advertising revenues were USD$28 billion in 2010.

[size]
    I'll take a piece of that action in TelPages as a global search result for Keywords.

1% of 1% of 1% is still a pile of money and a great ROI.

127 million keywords left, just needs Telnic's focus on the TelPages value above its competition, 
    and maybe we can get real people to benefit from Keywords instead of Google !

AJV USA03-04-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 13217)
    I'll take a piece of that action in TelPages as a global search result for Keywords.

1% of 1% of 1% is still a pile of money and a great ROI.

127 million keywords left, just needs Telnic's focus on the TelPages value above its competition, 
    and maybe we can get real people to benefit from Keywords instead of Google !

[size]
    That's just the advertising pittance, it doesn't even include the Business potential ![/size]

Shahid03-05-2011 04:53 AM

if only all the text we used here was typed into .tel properly we could have seen results in 2-4 weeks rather then asking anyone how or where we are ? no offense just a suggestion

telrific03-05-2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 13224)
    if only all the text we used here was typed into .tel properly we could have seen results in 2-4 weeks rather then asking anyone how or where we are ? no offense just a suggestion

[size]
    It would just be lost on the internet like most .tel's ...

Maybe that would be true if TelPages were more widely used.

:p[/size]

telrific03-05-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJV USA (Post 13240)
    ... with these acting sort of as "Sponsored Results".

This is a great thing to have when Telnic has committed to no "Sideline" advertising. They promised no advertising ...

[size]
    ... No advertising in TelPages results, and that IS a great thing to promise, and a great opportunity for early Telnic supporters.

More of an opportunity for 2 and 3 part Keyword/Search Terms too.

What is also great is that these "sponsored Keyword/Search Term results" are a perfect competitive space in their own right - with the opportunity for "up top" directories for global types like PeoplePlace.tel, where global directories become an easy-access opportunity, in Global Results !

:)[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-13, 1:31 am