The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Broken links!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Broken links! Empty Broken links!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:41 am

Leskovac06-10-2011 07:03 PM

Broken links!

All external links do not work. Image ads and web link on my page Leskovac.tel do not work. What's the problem?

Simon G06-10-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

All external links do not work. Image ads and web link on my page Leskovac.tel do not work. What's the problem?

[size]
    Made a post but did not appear for some reason. the domain is taking longer than usual to resolve but so are other .tels. However the links and images are working on the main page. I have been to the map page twitter page and FB group page from leskovac.tel[/size]

Cees06-10-2011 09:01 PM

Leskovac,

Just been to your site everything is working fine at my end.

Leskovac06-10-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 15234)
    Made a post but did not appear for some reason. the domain is taking longer than usual to resolve but so are other .tels. However the links and images are working on the main page. I have been to the map page twitter page and FB group page from leskovac.tel

[size]
    I am trying through Chrome and Firefox and still can not open links.[/size]

Leskovac06-10-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 15238)
    Leskovac,

Just been to your site everything is working fine at my end.

[size]
    Then the problem to my computer.
    Thanks, Cees[/size]

Simon G06-10-2011 09:46 PM

must be computer, firefox and internet explorer work fine here still

Leskovac06-11-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 15243)
    must be computer, firefox and internet explorer work fine here still

[size]
    The problem was the firewall. Blocked for some reason, all outgoing links. Tanks.[/size]

GoBigCity06-29-2011 06:51 PM

Aled
    A lot of the links on the .tel that you mention give the error code "stack overload on line 34" 

Just an FYI

mikeseaton06-30-2011 12:43 AM

Stack Overflow Error suddenly being generated

It's the first time this has ever happened, but after clicking just a few links you then get a Stack overflow at line: 16 error on web/phone/email links on http://mikeseaton.tel

Telnic - please can you investigate urgently?

Thanks, Mike Seaton

PS. Tried rebooting PC - didn't make any difference. Also checked http://domains123.tel - same problem.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-30-2011 01:53 AM

Doesn't happen for me (Firefox or Chrome) on either of your sites.
    Mark

mikeseaton06-30-2011 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 15890)
    Doesn't happen for me (Firefox or Chrome) on either of your sites.

[size]
    Mark, I'm running IE8 and it's still happening. I'm not the only person finding this - GoBigCity also reported the problem (stack overflow line 34 rather than 16) in his post at http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?p=15878

Mike Seaton[/size]

r00t010106-30-2011 06:29 AM

I have the same issue. My links were working fine until today. What's odd is that my Google view map works fine and going to another directories works but as for the website links, my contact info and others just does nothing when I click on it. In order for me to open the links I have to right-click and open it up in another window or tab. I already tried clearing the cache, closing and re-opening firefox. I tried other browsers (Opera, Chrome, IE, Skyfire), other platforms (Linux/Windows) and also tried it on my mobile device and still get the same results. BTW, I noticed on Internet Explorer I did get the follow prompt when clicking on the web links:

Stack overflow at line: 16

Has anyone else receiving this problem? Oh before I forget, I went to The .tel Community site and tried opening one of the .tel of the week domains (For example, steveturner.tel) and that worked fine. So it seems that its an issue with the Registry at Moniker. I have other .tels at Name.com but the problem is the same. Please help

Aled06-30-2011 07:35 AM

All,

These threads have been merged as they relate to the same issue. We're still investigating, but the problem seems to relate to a version of a javascript library file relating to Analytics that was served by Google. A conflict with this file affected links tracked by Analytics. The file has already been replaced with a valid one by Google, but some users who picked up the incorrect file are still caching the old invalid version. 

We are currently investigating how this caching of the incorrect version can be cleared as a simple browser cache clear does not do this.

For users who have picked up this incorrect library, it is the web proxy (not mobile) which is affected, and .tels which do not have Analytics are not affected since they do not use this file.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-30-2011 01:47 PM

I now have a similar problem that only affects tels with Google Analytics. There is no error, but just clicking any web link does nothing. Go to links are fine, just web links don't work. Machine has been rebooted.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-30-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 15898)
    For users who have picked up this incorrect library, it is the web proxy (not mobile) which is affected, and .tels which do not have Analytics are not affected since they do not use this file.

[size]
    Aled, how does "us" using the wrong library affect us as we have no control over what goes into the .tel?
    Mark[/size]

Aled06-30-2011 02:14 PM

sorry Mark, maybe my post wasn't clear. With "users" in that regard I am referring to their browser, rather than the user themselves. The proxy code pulls in the library on load and if at that time Google had this invalid library (or the path used to get the library used a cached version) then that is when the situation arises. Unfortunately reloading the page or clearing the cache is often not refreshing the library used at the moment.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-30-2011 02:17 PM

OK, so why not disable the GA code in the proxy for the time being until a solution is found. It is affecting a lot of tel domains, so the solution needs to come now from Telnic.
    Mark

r00t010106-30-2011 02:51 PM

Ok, I will remove the Google Analytics to see if this resolves the issue. Hey Mark, I don't know if you seen my comment above and I don't know if you are experiencing the same issue that I am having but I tried every possible way in making sure it was not related to the browser, the platform, caching and so on. I hope people are aware that if they are experiencing the same issue that I am having then anyone who is using Internet Explorer will get a stack overflow and your SOL whereas in firefox its transparent to the user and it just does nothing without any dialog errors but at least you can right-click and open the link in another tab to open the page.

It is confirmed that when I go to leskovac.tel I get the same issue but when I go to steveturner.tel it works fine because there's no Google Analytics within the view source page. I wish there was other analytic alternatives like embedding StatCounter rather than using Google Analytics.

Leskovac06-30-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r00t0101 (Post 15919)
    It is confirmed that when I go to leskovac.tel I get the same issue but when I go to steveturner.tel it works fine because there's no Google Analytics within the view source page. I wish there was other analytic alternatives like embedding StatCounter rather than using Google Analytics.

[size]
    http://leskovac.org/gatel.png

The problem has emerged for the first time when I post about this issue.
    This shows that screen shot for several days it does not record all calls and site links. I hope that Telnice solve this problem because I started to charge money click to call my clients.[/size]

mikeseaton06-30-2011 04:05 PM

The Pragmatic Solution

I couldn't have my sites http://MikeSeaton.tel and http://www.Domains123.tel non-functioning any more - it loses you credibilty as well as potential revenue - so I have gone into Settings and removed Analytics - within a minute or so everthing was working perfectly again.

Mike Seaton
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Broken links! Empty Re: Broken links!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:41 am

Leskovac06-30-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 15922)
    I couldn't have my sites http://MikeSeaton.tel and http://www.Domains123.tel non-functioning any more - it loses you credibilty as well as potential revenue - so I have gone into Settings and removed Analytics - within a minute or so everthing was working perfectly again.

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Hi Mike,
    I do not want to remove Analytics because through it I get the important data for SEO and I have begun charging fees Click to Call. The problem to be solved Telnic.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-30-2011 04:23 PM

Yes removing the GA setting does the trick. I used Quick Update. However, this problem needs to be solved immediately by Telnic. Only those few on the forum know about this issue.
    Mark

r00t010106-30-2011 04:54 PM

It is confirmed that Google Analytics conflicts with my .tel domains. After I disabled Google Analytics the .tel web links work fine. I was wondering how come nobody was notified about these issues? I know these features were working prior for awhile after the Google Analytics UA fix so why is it now that there's an issue?

Aled06-30-2011 05:21 PM

There's an issue now because Google released an update to a file that is used by the analytics code which contained a bug. As mentioned earlier, this file has now been replaced with a valid one by Google, but some user machines are still caching and using the incorrect version, which is causing the issue. 

There are users who have the new version of the file which do not have any issues viewing and clicking on .tels which have analytics activated. It is likely that eventually everyone's will automatically pick up this new version and the problem will be gone, but as we don't know how long that will take, we are looking at ways of accelerating this process.

Leskovac06-30-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 15926)
    There's an issue now because Google released an update to a file that is used by the analytics code which contained a bug. As mentioned earlier, this file has now been replaced with a valid one by Google, but some user machines are still caching and using the incorrect version, which is causing the issue. 

There are users who have the new version of the file which do not have any issues viewing and clicking on .tels which have analytics activated. It is likely that eventually everyone's will automatically pick up this new version and the problem will be gone, but as we don't know how long that will take, we are looking at ways of accelerating this process.

[size]
    Hi Aled!
    The problem is there are about 20 days intermittently.
    Not since yesterday, when it will be solved, because I think you made ​​an update on your server. I lose money due today because I have not recorded a single click, and my average of 20-30 Click for the day.[/size]

r00t010106-30-2011 06:42 PM

I say forget Google Analytics or make it an option rather than the only solution. I am sure there are other companies or sites that have a better Analytic solutions. My concern is, let say the problem gets resolved. Do we have to worry each time when Google does an update that it will conflict with our domains? An alternative solution would be to provide an empty field in the settings for the Admins to input whatever counter or analytics script they choose to use. I prefer StatCounter since its easy to use and gives you real-time stats, date/time and location. Google Analytics has its own perks but I still think there are better alternatives. Btw, since I am on the Google topic, is telnic ever going to implement Google Call Me Widget. It would be a nice feature to include. I use it on my personal site and it works great.

Web Stats: Alternatives to Google Analytics:
    http://imimpact.com/web-stats-altern...ogle-analytics

Aled07-01-2011 08:21 AM

We're seeing some users who were having the issue now report that they are now able to click on .tel links where the .tel has GA activated (i.e. their machine has now picked up the correct file/library). Is this the case for anyone else who has been experiencing the issue?

Leskovac07-01-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 15939)
    We're seeing some users who were having the issue now report that they are now able to click on .tel links where the .tel has GA activated (i.e. their machine has now picked up the correct file/library). Is this the case for anyone else who has been experiencing the issue?

[size]
    leskovac.tel is fine.
    Thanks.[/size]

tony mayo07-01-2011 09:43 AM

Issue resolved.

dottel.net07-01-2011 10:05 AM

confirmed - all good here too!

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-01-2011 11:18 AM

works for me again
    Mark

mikeseaton07-01-2011 01:01 PM

Yes OK now after adding back the Analytics IDs to http://mikeseaton.tel and http://domains123.tel - thanks Aled for your prompt response to this issue.

Mike Seaton

Cedric07-01-2011 01:19 PM

+1, all the out links work again. Thx Aled

r00t010107-01-2011 03:54 PM

Just checked and the web-link is working again, thank you. Btw, does telnic have a PTR that is open to the community?

Aled07-01-2011 04:33 PM

r00t0101 - are you referring to a PTR record? if so, no we don't, although I'd be interested to know that would be beneficial to .tel.

r00t010107-04-2011 03:44 PM

Sorry, what I meant to say was a bug tracking system for registered users to submit or review PTRs.

Aled07-04-2011 03:52 PM

Ah right, no we don't, but if you contact us at customerservice@telnic.org with any issue that you see we will take a look as soon as we can (the form at http://www.telnic.org/contact.html can also be used.

Current date/time is 2024-05-11, 5:45 pm