The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Realistic expectations

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Realistic expectations Empty Realistic expectations

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:54 am

Jens10-14-2011 08:36 PM

Realistic expectations

Obsolescent

dialaroom10-14-2011 09:01 PM

Wholeheartedly agree. And when they do become more mainstream, as I'm sure they will, it will be the best populated. tels with up to date content, and plenty of backlinks that come top in serps. So use the time wisely to populate, gain backlinks wherever you can and update and add content regularly. Your efforts will pay off. At least that's my policy. Time will .tel, to coin a phrase.

aliencafe10-14-2011 09:12 PM

Jens, I completely disagree with you on many points. 

1.) I think your assessment of a ten year time frame is misleading. There are many Yellow page companies already engaged in using .tel. Macau, Egypt, Turkey, and other YP directories and businesses including Webvisible in the US are actively using the technology.

2.) Technologies and invention do not take 10 years to become successful. The business cycle has been reduced, including the Chipset and chip manufacturing markets. Intel used to prepare for chipset changes once every 2 years and they are now preparing for changes once every single year. There are many more examples, including iPhone and others that took off within a year of being announced.

3.) We continue to pursue and purchase what we think are high value .tel names on a daily basis, as many others do as well. If we thought it was going to be ten years until success for .tel, we all would not be purchasing domains because the return on investment and risk would be too great.

Regards

mikeseaton10-14-2011 09:59 PM

Jens,

Whilst you make some valid points I think you have grossly misread the timeframes that internet development works to now - as Aliencafe has correctly pointed out in his post.

You seem to think that .tel can become a success in 10 years time and we should wait until then - NO - IT WON'T HAPPEN LIKE THAT !

Unless .tel can hit mainstream in the very near future it will IMO continue to be a niche extension that will rub along probably around the current 300K plateau - or more likely gradually drop off from this level - even .biz can manage 7 times this number of registrations !

What must be appreciated is that .tel investors will NOT continue to renew their .tel domains for a further 10 years - probably not even for the next year or two, unless there is some demonstrable proof that the idea of "Joe Public" having his own .tel looks likely to happen in the real world.

Once .tel owners stop renewing their domains, and the total registrations drop further, .tel software developers will lose interest in developing for a shrinking market - several software developers have already given up as shown by recent posts where the link to their .tel software no longer resolves.

As I keep saying, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE !

Telnic need to pull a deal with a major internet player out of the bag very soon - or at least find a way of funding a major marketing push so that the majority of internet and mobile phone users expect people to say "What's your .tel ?" when meeting them for the first time.

My post here sums up the situation we are in (and suggests solutions) - I do agree that realism is essential in business !

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-15-2011 12:52 AM

Jens, so you plan to hold 1000's of domains for 10 years waiting for something to happen? What's your plan?
    Mark

BTW, you could single-handedly bring about some recognition by developing your holdings, linking them together. Don't wait for new templates.

boracay.tel10-15-2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18315)
    (Also from my observation I still see a lot of people are doing much less: They are just in stand-by position - waiting for improvements!)

[size]
    stand-by. exactly
    actually, for boracay.tel directory only really waiting on the singular search this .tel fix
    cannot demonstrate this app whatsoever, when i cannot control a search result for the most simple of search terms "hotel" or "resort"

all else I'm doing is waiting on the promised better looking templates.
    sorry to disagree mark, but I will not waste further time with the rest of our portfolio of .tels.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 18315)
    One reason for this (besides requesting faster development) is I have to review my investment and get a clear picture what to expect in the future.

[size]
    I invested in apple at the same time i began investing in .tel. (stopped investing in .tel, increased aapl)
    i mention this only because the point about the so called secrecy of .tel (not apple!!!) and whats actually going on behind the scenes was brought up somewhere here. well for comparison, try sitting on an apple conference call, and download the apple beta kits, and absorb the apple discussion and news sites. then see whats best from an investment point of view. its all in black n white with apple. you can make a fair assessment. there's no secrets (and thats really saying something!!!)[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-15-2011 11:54 AM

As the old adage goes "build it and they will come". This applies both to us owners and Telnic itself.
    Mark

TELcp10-15-2011 01:08 PM

@Mark

Thanks for spelling it out.
    Yes. "Build it and they will come".

Cheers!

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 2:54 am