The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TelPages

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TelPages                   Empty TelPages

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:57 am

Blunderer11-01-2011 10:31 AM

TelPages

1. Why does the TelPages.com site open in a new window? 

Most people block pop-ups because they are generally from someone trying to con them.

2. In the event that a keyword search is made from .tel 1, and the result is a different .tel (.tel 2), why can't I return to .tel 1 without having to close the search session and conduct an entirely new search for .tel 1?

3. General question - why have people still got lists of inappropriate terms in the free text area of their sites e.g. town sites containing lists of names of other towns. There is no service connection, and not even any competition but it corrupts search results - discrediting the search function and devaluing the TLD. If there is a good reason for this I'd be pleased to hear it but as things stand, if we all do this we'll get nowhere.

Edit:
    "1. Why does the TelPages.com site open in a new window? " sorry, should have said pop-up.
    dialaroom11-01-2011 01:40 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 18801)

3. General question - why have people still got lists of inappropriate terms in the free text area of their sites e.g. town sites containing lists of names of other towns. There is no service connection, and not even any competition but it corrupts search results - discrediting the search function and devaluing the TLD. If there is a good reason for this I'd be pleased to hear it but as things stand, if we all do this we'll get nowhere.

[size]

You're quite right, the last thing you want to put on your town .tel is other towns, however, I do see the point of putting nearby villages as keywords. With Counties or National .tels it is surely beneficial to mention in the free text all the towns and villages within that county, country or area. 

And on a wider note, although I agree with you that it corrupts search results, isn't it entirely up to the owner of the .tel what they put in their free text.[/size]
    Blunderer11-01-2011 02:33 PM

If you're competing with a similar .tel, and you have content that is relevant - something that site users might want to find - then fair go but, loading sites with lists of towns/villages/services, just to capture traffic, is going to kill this enterprise.

Have a look at your sites please folks and clear out the early experiments:

ON-LINE, REAL TIME GLOBAL DIRECTORY

NOT

GARBAGE DUMP

We're all Ambassadors for the TLD
    dialaroom11-01-2011 06:28 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 18805)
    Have a look at your sites please folks and clear out the early experiments:

[size]

Sure I must be guilty of a bit of this, good excuse to have a sift through pages and .tels I've not seen in a while, give them all a tidy up and add a bit of new relevant content. The search engines like new content.[/size]
    Blunderer11-01-2011 08:39 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 18808)
    Sure I must be guilty of a bit of this, good excuse to have a sift through pages and .tels I've not seen in a while, give them all a tidy up and add a bit of new relevant content. The search engines like new content.

[size]

I wasn't thinking of you. My blundering is nearing a fruition but I keep getting spurious results from some early sites which clearly fall into the "it seemed like a good idea at the time" category.

It's just a matter of reviewing the validity of existing content - is it what the viewer is looking for or is it just trying to attract attention?[/size]
    dialaroom11-01-2011 09:26 PM

[size=11]Quote:

[/size]

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 18812)
    I wasn't thinking of you. My blundering is nearing a fruition but I keep getting spurious results from some early sites which clearly fall into the "it seemed like a good idea at the time" category.

It's just a matter of reviewing the validity of existing content - is it what the viewer is looking for or is it just trying to attract attention?

[size]

Am sure we've all been guilty of adding a little spurious content to blogs, websites etc. in the past, a bit of keyword stuffing in the hope it will up our serps above our competitors. 

Taxinumbers has seven free text words and not many more other words on the home page & still gets great serps. Wish I could get some of my populated geo .tels to achieve similar results. Perhaps I could ask Dutchstreetdog for a link or two or only buy geos with sex in the name.[/size]
    dutchstreetdog11-02-2011 01:19 AM

Well i think if you see calcoolito his results, you better ask him a link!
    Those results are amazing!

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 8:58 am