The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Image Gallery for all .tels

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Image Gallery for all .tels Empty Image Gallery for all .tels

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:34 am

TELcp04-21-2012 10:15 AM

Image Gallery for all .tels

Its time that Telnic considers providing Image Gallery feature (as seen on new templates being tested) for all tel Owners irrespective of where the domain is registered.

Video records feature was very successful according to activities we monitor.
    However, many Chinese tel Owners (from China) can not make use of this feature due to certain restrictions. Providing an Image Gallery will be a substitute for them.

Telnic or existing registrars are not going to lose anything by providing this image gallery feature as the images are hosted elsewhere just like Image Ads. In fact, you can say that Image Gallery is a better presentation of Image Ads feature.

So why not providing this attractive feature for all tel Owners.

Thank you in advance.

++++

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-21-2012 02:29 PM

Why stop at Image Gallery? All features should be (eventually) available for all to use. I understand why Telnames would keep these features to their own platform for a marketing advantage, but in the longer run would be detrimental.
    Mark

TELcp04-21-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 22502)
    Why stop at Image Gallery? All features should be (eventually) available for all to use. I understand why Telnames would keep these features to their own platform for a marketing advantage, but in the longer run would be detrimental.
    Mark

[size]
    I agree with you fully.
    Yes, all .tel Owners should be treated equally.

I started this thread specifically to voice the interest of .tel Owners from China.
    They feel that they are deprived of a very useful feature for their .tel domain.

Of course they are not blaming Telnic or anybody else.
    They are looking for alternate ways to promote their products through the .tel
    One should not forget the customer base in China for this kind of a service.

++++[/size]

mikeseaton04-21-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 22503)
    I agree with you fully.
    Yes, all .tel Owners should be treated equally.

[size]
    If that is going to be the case, what was the point of Telnic's CEO/CFO forming the new company Telnames Limited to provide the new template ?

It wasn't because it needed to be a registrar, it's been made clear that Telnames is not one, so why not just stick with Telnic Limited and develop the new template(s) and all the other bells and whistles requested as part of the standard CTH that goes to all registrars.

It doesn't make business sense to form a new company to develop something special and then give it away to all the existing registrar customers of the old company !

Unless of course Telnic the registry was being sold and the directors wanted to keep their involvement with .tel through a new mechanism after the sale.

I'm not trying to start a rumour - just pointing out the lack of business logic of Telnames giving away the new template to Telnic's registrar customers.

Mike Seaton[/size]

TELcp04-21-2012 03:37 PM

.tel Owners have the freedom to express their views in this forum as long as they comply with forum TOS.

Hence, our request on behalf on many existing tel Owners.
    This request is NOT intended to harm any legal entity or individual.
    We are aware that it is up to Telnic to decide what they do.

This humble request, to make such feature available to Chinese tel Owners, can change how the tel would be targeted to a possible audience of more than 1 billion people.

++++

spline05-07-2012 02:15 PM

It might be a way for them to show other registrars whats possible?

mikeseaton05-07-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spline (Post 23348)
    It might be a way for them to show other registrars whats possible?

[size]
    That's what http://www.Telnames.com has done of course - my guess is that other registrars (who appear to have no interest in becoming TelHosting developers in their own right) will cut a deal with Telnames for them to handle the TelHosting for a dollar or two per domain per year.

The registrars will cover the extra cost by increasing the retail price they charge for .tels, probably add a bit more than cost price on, and at the same time will free themselves of the burden of keeping a secure TelHosting server updated.

On top of that they may well attract new .tel registrants now they are offering the Telnames template complete with its user-inputtable background image, video, image gallery & offer.

Just my opinion about the future for .tel registrars of course - some registrars may well stick with the existing Telnic templates and turn away the customers who want the new one !

I just doubt it that too many registrars will want to do this - assuming of course newbies prefer the new Telnames template !

If they don't then we're all in trouble - .tel registrations are currently steadily declining from their 333,891 peak to today's value of 277,693 (figure from http://www.dottel.net)

The Telnames new template is the last shot in the armoury !

Telnames of course needs to do it's bit and make it available to bulk buyers at a discounted rate from it's current £14.95 or $24.16 price - too high for bulk domain owners who currently pay less than $10.

So for the reasons explained in this post #7 and post #4, IMO there is no chance of Telnic offering an Image Gallery for the current 5 Telnic templates.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 2:49 pm