The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

These are the points which prevent the success of .tel!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

These are the points which prevent the success of .tel! Empty These are the points which prevent the success of .tel!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:50 am

Alex08-07-2012 01:40 PM

These are the points which prevent the success of .tel!

By collecting more and more feedback on TelTalk.org, on this way I want to forward directly to Telnic what are the reasons why .tel isn't accepted by the market until today:

• No upload of pictures, videos and ads directly in the control panel (only with third party providers)
    • No contact forms for .tel domains available (only external with TelMailBox.com)
    • Big pictures only available at template number 8
    • Limitation of pictures per subdomain
    • No possibility to insert long and formatted text in the main body of .tel domains
    • Customers of Telnames want subdomains
    • Customers at other registrars want background pictures
    • Complete absence of marketing (beside the small blog from Telnames on Tumblr)
    • In the past advertising of .tel domains only to the domain industry, but not to end users
    • No allowance for external developers to create their own templates (in compliance with general parameters and approval by Telnic), because registrars are not interested and / or don't have the resources for such an activity

[size]

I guess from the discussions in the past we all know these deficits have to be eliminated to bring .tel on the road to success.
    And therefore I'm convinced these reasonable requests will be realized one day![/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-07-2012 05:26 PM

@Alex good summary of issues. But do you really think acceptance by the masses is an issue of what is missing from standard .tel templates? The .Tel features are only important when the masses actually see a .tel in action. The masses don't know what is missing if they don't see .tel in the first place. So this becomes a point about how to improve .tel once the masses see what is missing. Therefore it is important to have the masses find .tels. I still believe getting SMB to start using .tel locally is key to success. Past marketing efforts did nothing to improve acceptance. People need to use them and see them. I agree missing features need to be added, and some probably are on the way. But until we start selling them and populating them (especially the generics that are parked), we will be in the same place a year from now. Do your bit to sell locally.
    Mark

Alex08-07-2012 07:29 PM

Thank you for the response, Mark.

This helps me to understand the current status and Telnic's perception!

Gibran08-07-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 25293)
    @Alex good summary of issues. But do you really think acceptance by the masses is an issue of what is missing from standard .tel templates? The .Tel features are only important ...................and some probably are on the way. But until we start selling them and populating them (especially the generics that are parked), we will be in the same place a year from now. Do your bit to sell locally.
    Mark

[size]

Agree with Mark. As I had posted before it is an easy sell to SMB's . For individual TELs (not directories) the 'service' of registering and setting up a TEL with Analytics etc. could be worth $200.00. easily. Yes, it is simple to do, but most SMBers do not have the time or inclination to do it themselves. 
    This will bring about some awareness and will contribute to critical mass.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 8:25 pm