The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

What happend to indexed tel pages?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

What happend to indexed tel pages? Empty What happend to indexed tel pages?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:55 am

TELcp07-11-2012 04:09 PM

What happend to indexed tel pages?

There were more than half a million results for the string "The unique business card" in telpages.com. We made these pages (to be improved with more contents) based on more than one year's experiment with telpages & other search engine results. After we created these tel pages, they were all (almost all of them, I should say) indexed by telpages.com as expected. We have discussed this issues with Aled on other threads/posts.

Now, suddenly, most of the indexed pages have disappeared. Search string "The unique business card" displays only 77,189.

What happened to all other indexed pages?
    Telnic, can you please tell us if telpages.com has changed the Algos suddenly?

TELcp07-11-2012 04:18 PM

Please refer to thread at http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.p...4592#post24592 where this topic was discussed and Telnic's stand on telpages.com was highlighted.

Thanks.

TELcp07-11-2012 04:23 PM

Until few days agao, search string "alston.tel" had 2131 search results. Today only 79 results. What happened to the rest of the indexed pages? We have not done any changes anywhere. Indexed page have just disappeared into thin air. 

Why?

Aled07-11-2012 05:18 PM

TELcp,

do you have any examples of pages which were previously indexed but are not currently so that I can look into this for you?

TELcp07-11-2012 05:41 PM

I did not keep records of all the tel domains.
    alston.tel is one such example. It had 2131 pages indexed. Now reduced to just 41.
    There were other tel domains too. Could be around 250-260 tel domains.
    If necessary I might be able pm the list tomorrow.

Thank you.

Aled07-11-2012 05:44 PM

Can you provide any pages on alston.tel that were previously indexed and are no longer?

TELcp07-11-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 24985)
    Can you provide any pages on alston.tel that were previously indexed and are no longer?

[size]
    @Aled

Two pages previously indexed, but missing at present are:
    ike.alston.tel (indexed via http://p10.names.alston.tel)
    jacob.alston.tel (indexed via http://p10.names.alston.tel)

More than half a million previously indexed pages are missing now.

They are all hidden pages indexed via http://network.itnosa.tel.

Thank you.[/size]

Aled07-12-2012 10:22 AM

Thank you for the examples.

We are in the process of performing a significant upgrade to Telpages which is aimed at improving the speed of indexing. It is possible that this is having a detrimental effect while the upgrade is being performed. It is currently scheduled to complete by the end of the day tomorrow. Once it has completed we'll be able to fully investigate your issue (if it still exists).

Thanks,
    Aled

Aled07-16-2012 01:43 PM

As an update, the changes are unfortunately taking longer than estimated due to the volume of sudomains that need to be processed. We are currently estimating completion in 3 more days.

TELcp07-24-2012 08:48 PM

@Aled,

Any update on this please.

Thank you.

Aled07-25-2012 11:57 AM

TELcp,

As mentioned in my previous post, we have been working on improving the indexing speed of TelPages. This required a re-indexing of the entire data set which, unfortunately it seems has not been able to identify many of the "hidden" subfolders that were previously indexed and then had their links removed. These can only now be indexed by adding a link back to them until Telpages has identified and indexed them. We apologise for this inconvenience, but this update was essential to enhance the overall performance of Telpages.

Thanks,
    Aled

TELcp07-25-2012 06:36 PM

@Aled,

Thanks for the info.
    Well, the actual links leading to hidden links have not been removed.
    Therefore, hoping to see re-indexing the deleted pages once again.

Rgds

Aled07-26-2012 08:00 AM

Can you give me an example of a name that isn't currently indexed but has a path from a "root" name please?

With regards to one of your examples above - ike.alston.tel. I can see that this is linked to from http://p10.names.alston.tel, but I can't see a link to names.alston.tel from alston.tel?

Thanks,
    Aled

TELcp07-26-2012 02:53 PM

@Aled,

All their links come from itnosa.tel (network.itnosa.tel).

Thanks.

++++

Aled07-26-2012 03:09 PM

Sorry, so what is the path from network.itnosa.tel to p10.names.alston.tel in the example I have above?

Thanks

TELcp07-26-2012 03:24 PM

@Aled,

First,
    http://network.itnosa.tel/
    http://p01.network.itnosa.tel/

then,
    http://names.alston.tel/
    http://p10.names.alston.tel/

This method worked perfectly before the recent changes/improvements at telpages.com.
    It is a method we tested for more than one year before designing our network.
    And it was discussed in this forum to establish that it would work.

Thanks.

++++

Aled07-26-2012 03:32 PM

Thanks for confirming. 

I can see that the specific example that I was trying to investigate, "Ike Alston" is now indexed by Telpages. Are these any other examples that you are still waiting to be reindexed?

TELcp07-26-2012 03:39 PM

@Aled,

Yes, please.
    For the time being, all the links that are provided through network.itnosa.tel.
    If there is any more new links, they will also be connected via network.itnosa.tel.

Thanks.

++++

Aled07-26-2012 03:41 PM

What I meant was, do you now have any specific pages that you are still waiting to be indexed again? If so, can you let me know an example or two so that I can have our engineering team take a look. I need a specific example for them to see if there is an issue and the one I was previously tracking, http://ike.alston.tel/ is now indexed.

TELcp07-26-2012 06:19 PM

@Aled,

Sorry about that.

Just now I had a search on telpages.com.
    All the pages of alston.tel have now been indexed.
    Also checked few other tel domains at random which were deleted earlier have now been re indexed. However, according to the search results it appears to me that all that were lost have been recovered or re indexed.

Will have a thorough check (search results of telpages) of all the domains later and if anything is not re indexed, will let you know.

Thanks,
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

What happend to indexed tel pages? Empty Re: What happend to indexed tel pages?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:55 am

TELcp07-26-2012 06:23 PM

@Telnic

Just a suggestion - 
    The present result pagination displays Prev & Next.
    How about adding First & Last as well.

Thanks.

++++

Aled07-27-2012 08:55 AM

TELcp,

thank you for the suggestion. Are you referring to Telpages? If so, do you think many users would look at a set of search results and want to go to the last entry? People usually work through page by page from the start, don't they?

TELcp07-27-2012 10:12 AM

@Aled,

Yes, I am referring to telpages.com.
    Well, some might want to scroll through pages then come back to the first page. And some might want to go to the last page first. Who knows. But it will be handy. All what is required is single arrow/» & double arrow/».

Thanks.

boracay.tel09-16-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 25128)
    As mentioned in my previous post, we have been working on improving the indexing speed of TelPages.
    Aled

[size]
    Hello Aled,
    Could you please tell me the current time to have a newly created page indexed?
    thank you[/size]

Aled09-17-2012 08:58 AM

Hello boracay,

It will vary due to load, but it should now be indeximg pages in a shorter time than the 5 days that it was previously taking.

Thanks,
    Aled

boracay.tel09-17-2012 10:18 AM

ok thank you.
    so far its 3 days and counting...i will update as soon as i see our new listing pages show up in search.

Wow. Sped up dramatically. 
    I entered some new pages just today, and they are in telpages already!
    Sweet!!!

TELcp09-17-2012 03:42 PM

Had to wait until Aled answers the question

With our experience, a newly registered and populated (with content on sub domain) tel domain of a client was indexed (all sub domains) by both telpages and Google just after 24 hours (from regged time). We did not track it, but definitely it was less than 48 hours.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers!

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 4:45 am