The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Infraction Level

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Infraction Level Empty Infraction Level

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 11:45 am

dottel01-07-2010 06:28 PM

Infraction Level

Hi Mods,

Can we have a new infraction level? for inappropriate post in the thread?
    It is really annoying to see someone posting some irrelavent post in a serious conversation/thread.

because at the moment there are only 4 infraction levels
    Inappropriate Language
    Insulted Other Member(s)
    Signature Rule Violation 
    Spammed Advertisements

Thanks in advance

maximka01-07-2010 06:46 PM

If you are speaking about that new spammer Danova, from my side I already gave him all of infraction levels, except of "Inappropriate Language".

He simply takes separate sentences from the posts of other forum members and from these sentences makes his senseless posts.

I think that now, when Telnic's design was changed and this forum became easier to be found, more such spammers will come here.

Howard01-07-2010 06:58 PM

Thanks for flagging this. I've delete the applicable posts and will look at adding a new infraction level.

dottel01-08-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 4275)
    If you are speaking about that new spammer Danova, from my side I already gave him all of infraction levels, except of "Inappropriate Language".

He simply takes separate sentences from the posts of other forum members and from these sentences makes his senseless posts.

I think that now, when Telnic's design was changed and this forum became easier to be found, more such spammers will come here.

[size]
    Hi maximka
    Not any particular member, but I have come across some annoying irrelevant posts. So I believe there should be an infraction for such members as this will help them to think twice before post an un-related post. :)[/size]

dottel01-08-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 4279)
    Thanks for flagging this. I've delete the applicable posts and will look at adding a new infraction level.

[size]
    Thanks Howard for adding the new infraction level.[/size]

boracay.tel01-09-2010 03:54 PM

Thankyou. There are some topics that are baffling and confusing being added. It's painful to scroll thru

nadya01-11-2010 02:52 PM

Hi,

I've added some auto-bans to infractions, and changed the weight of some graver infractions to 2. The forum rules thread has been updated accordingly. These measures are not to discourage posts, but instead to help the community function more efficiently without getting the moderators involved. 

As always, follow the rules, make constructive contributions, and all will be well.

dottel01-11-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 4412)
    Hi,

I've added some auto-bans to infractions, and changed the weight of some graver infractions to 2. The forum rules thread has been updated accordingly. These measures are not to discourage posts, but instead to help the community function more efficiently without getting the moderators involved. 

As always, follow the rules, make constructive contributions, and all will be well.

[size]
    Sounds Good 
    I would like to recommend to implement some kind of filters so that when someone use filthy language, the post should not get posted but the user should get an auto infraction for that.

There are some pre-existing plugins for forum software, may be it's worth checking for them?

This is because, when some immatured member abuse others with filthy language and the reported thread gets deleted only after sometime that does not help the victim because by of the time delay in deleting such reported post. isn't it?[/size]

maximka03-16-2010 10:31 AM

Today came new member baiyan7627683, posted 4 non-informative messages and gave 4 infractions from me for irrelevant posts. May be the more exact definition (or additional option) will be "infraction for non-informative post"?

Bill03-16-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 4416)
    Sounds Good 
    I would like to recommend to implement some kind of filters so that when someone use filthy language, the post should not get posted but the user should get an auto infraction for that.

There are some pre-existing plugins for forum software, may be it's worth checking for them?

This is because, when some immatured member abuse others with filthy language and the reported thread gets deleted only after sometime that does not help the victim because by of the time delay in deleting such reported post. isn't it?

[size]
    Are you a school teacher by any chance?[/size]

nadya03-16-2010 11:26 AM

Maximka, I think that user's a spammer, the statements made are generic and irrelevant. The posts have been deleted and the user banned.

tel4rent03-17-2010 07:14 AM

Nadya!

I think the gentleman below is spamming I found the same sentence in too many thread.

Be well.

maximka03-17-2010 04:05 PM

Just proposition to make life for spammers more difficult:

When a new forum member post his very first, second and third messages, then his second and third messages he can post not earlier than after 20 minutes after he had posted the previous message. After 3 massages he will have no limits. I think it can help to reduce spam.

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 11:59 am