The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Private Messages

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Private Messages Empty Private Messages

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 11:45 am

View Poll Results: Should the author of a PM containing personal abuse be banned for 7 days?
    YesPrivate Messages Bar2-lPrivate Messages Bar2Private Messages Bar2-rPrivate Messages Clear1588.24%
    NoPrivate Messages Bar3-lPrivate Messages Bar3Private Messages Bar3-rPrivate Messages Clear211.76%
    Voters: 17. This poll is closed
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Private Messages Empty Re: Private Messages

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 11:46 am

nadya03-17-2010 12:10 PM

Private Messages

Hi all,

We have been made aware that Private Messaging is being abused by forum members. We encourage to only use PMing for constructive discussions you're not comfortable having in the main forum. 

If this is not stopped, PM will be disabled on this forum. 

We'd like to ask you to vote below on the actions for rude members. The idea is that when a moderator is notified of personal abuse or rude language in a PM, the author of the PM is banned for 7 days.

Bunjie03-17-2010 02:17 PM

Have to be harsh on PM abuse, no one should suffer direct and hidden from anyone else abuse or any abuse period!

Don't suffer in silence, call telline administrators are waiting to take your call!

I suppose it would be a drama fest if someone posted some examples of what they were receiving? I'm curious to know how far people are going.

Judging from this topic I would figure too far.

maximka03-17-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 6949)
    ...the author of the PM is banned for 7 days.

[size]
    Or, instead of a ban, simply his PM can be disabled for a month or so. This method of punishment can be less aggressive.

P.S.
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Bunjie (Post 6960)
    I suppose it would be a drama fest if someone posted some examples of what they were receiving? I'm curious to know how far people are going.

[size]
    To show PM messages publicly in forums is considered to be not a gentlemanliness.[/size]

dialaroom03-17-2010 06:46 PM

If personal abuse is recieved in a PM the sender should be banned for good. Surely, if people can't express themselves without resorting to abuse or rude language, they should not be on this forum or allowed to PM. The only problem is, by who's standards we judge whether or not something is abusive or rude. Better to have a "block sender" option for PMs. 
    As we have seen in the last few months abuse and rudeness is soon flagged and removed by concensus on the forum.

Gav03-17-2010 07:58 PM

I agree that anyone who is sending abusive pm messages should be banned from uisng the pm for a period of time.

Maybe something like

If they do decide to send abusive or rude pm messages, they should have the option disabled for a month, if they do again suspend it all together.

This will soon stamp out any unresonable behaviour, can't actually believe that some members are doing this.

We all have our say, but at the end of the day we are a community and need to pull together.

Really surprised by this

Regards

Gav

pink03-17-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 6988)
    can't actually believe that some members are doing this.

Really surprised by this

Regards

Gav

[size]
    yes there are some immature members who use foul language
    one such nasty member left some dirty comment on my profile[/size]

maximka03-17-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink (Post 6996)
    yes there are some immature members who use foul language
    one such nasty member left some dirty comment on my profile

[size]
    I saw that comment. Really dirty thing. For such kind of dirty comments its author should be banned forever by his IP.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 9:18 pm