The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

when do dot.tels fall off

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

when do dot.tels fall off Empty when do dot.tels fall off

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 11:48 am

daytonac04-06-2010 10:23 AM

when do dot.tels fall off

hello all,
    just wondering how soon dot.tels fall off that havn't been renewed, as i have 3 that are still in my account at name.com, even though they expired on the 23 mar, 2 weeks ago. don't quite understand how this works, dc.

dottels.tel

Bunjie04-06-2010 10:47 AM

Most registrars allow a grace period for registrants to renew expired domains. That grace period can be as short as one to two weeks or as long as one year in some cases. If the current registrant does not renew it within the allotted time frame, then that domain may become available after any grace and redemption periods during which the registrar and registry may hold the domain. 

From Name.com

http://www.name.com/faq/retrieve-my-...the-expiration

At the Expiration Date, the domain record is still available, and the web site and email attached to a domain will still function for a short period of time. If, after approximately 15-30 days after the Expiration Date, an expired domain registration is not renewed, the domain name will be deleted from our database and from the Domain Name System (DNS). This terminates the domain record and the functionality of the domain name's corresponding web site, email, and administrative services. After deletion, the domain name enters a 30-day Redemption Period in which the domain is held by the registry and the domain's web site and email are unavailable for use. Once the Redemption Period ends, the domain becomes available again for registration after a short total deletion phase from the central registry. The domain is then available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

You may rescue a domain from the Redemption Period by paying the central registry, through us. This incurs a $120.00 fee ($150 for .CN domains). We do not set the price of this fee, and must abide by it if we retrieve domain names from the central registry's database. Please note: you will also be responsible for the cost of renewing the domain.

daytonac04-06-2010 01:17 PM

thanx for answering this, many thanx, andre' (dc)

smart05-20-2010 09:59 AM

Thanks for this info bunjee,,

I guess the second question would be, can someone use this knowledge to extend the ownership period ?

To clarify assume one's domain expires ,,, can let the grace period elapse, and the redemption period elapse, then re-register 2 months or even 1 year later like you say !
    Obviously one will have to be watching the domain so others don't snap it, but assuming its a low profile domain that can just be possible ?

dottel.net05-20-2010 10:02 AM

it appears most domains registered on or around 23rd March and now expired will be released and available to register by the general public on June 6th...

Shahid05-20-2010 11:42 AM

that's what domain monster says or some other registrars, but i have bought domains which were released and expired before

dottel.net05-20-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 8989)
    that's what domain monster says or some other registrars, but i have bought domains which were released and expired before

[size]
    right - if the registrar knows/has some way of knowing domain will not be renewed then they can release. Many registrars are running auctions on these expired domains before releasing (I also purchased a nice collection).

The bulk of the expirations will drop come June 6th or there abouts for March 23rd registrations.[/size]

Simon G06-03-2010 11:35 PM

Not sure how many but there have been drops tonight from webnames and DomainMonster. So presume others are dropping also.

Blogger06-04-2010 12:32 PM

what are the pages on DM and Webnames?

Simon G06-04-2010 12:41 PM

Blogger, I have edited my comment to make it more readable. Dont know if there are pages with the drops on them. Noticed names from each have been dropping tho.

dottel.net06-04-2010 02:25 PM

a little strange what just occured. it does appear several were dropped (not registration date driven) a few days prior to the expected drop date.

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 11:06 pm