The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

OrganIP - Cross Referencing Communication

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

OrganIP - Cross Referencing Communication Empty OrganIP - Cross Referencing Communication

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:27 pm

RonMunson10-13-2009 08:38 AM

OrganIP - Cross Referencing Communication

I am trying to get a good understanding of the OpenIP product video by Digitrad. It is in my opinion a very cool product but I'm confused on how they connect all of the information.

Here is the video
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=41348603001

.tel domain used in organ ip video example
    http://www.florent.tel/

It appears that to duplicate the results I would have to download the OrganIP product. From here I would have to type the contact listing 'Florent Chauveau'. Once a contact listing is created I would then proceed by adding a dot tel and Facebook that is tied to this listing.

Could these steps be simplified in the OrganIP application if the user were to simply type the .tel domain and the Facebook listing within the dot tel gets recognized? If so I notice in the video once he searched his organip application for 'Florent Chauveau', the facebook image of Florent is displayed before he even makes the call.

What if a product like Superbook or Hornet were to grab the Facebook image and display this once a user accesses the .tel contact information on a phone? If the user doesn't have a facebook photo, no image would get displayed. Could this be done?

The way I see it is if the user of OrganIP has to enter the .tel domain and then the facebook username with other contact information, it is time consuming.

This cross referencing of applications could be very cool in products. I send a fax to my friend by entering a their dot tel into my fax machine. The fax machine has my dot tel preprogrammed in the machine. This automatically creates a cover letter with my name, telephone number, fax number, facebook picture to sent with the document I just sent.

Think about what a hassle it is today sending a fax to someone. First you must search for their fax number online, since no one usually stores fax numbers in their phones. Next you have to create a cover letter.

henri10-13-2009 02:27 PM

I assume 'Florent Chauveau' has a facebook url inside his .tel. That would let OrganIP automatically determine that Florent has a facebook account, which account that is, and grab the image.

You really don't need to store anything other than a .tel.

RonMunson10-14-2009 03:00 AM

That's what I was thinking. However the way they set it up adding the profile they must have attached a Facebook user id after the fact, since he doesn't have the Facebook user id in one of the dot tel line records.

Hopefully Digitrad gets to read this thread and this thread gets read by people that have creative ideas for creating much better communication tools.

For many cell phones a user can add (or take) a picture, attaching it to a particular number. So for example if my brother calls me, the picture I added to my brothers profile shows up on my phone.

What if when I clicked on the profile of one of my .tel Superbook listing, the Facebook image is displayed associated with the .tel profile? I haven't given it that much thought, just thought I'd throw it out there. Cost may be an issue here as the photo would have to be downloaded.

Visually it would be kind of cool if the Facebook image comes up when someone calls but I don't know if this would financially make sense. It may have to be an application that is integrated into a phone.

This app would store dot tels and when a user makes a call the phone would search the dot tel listings for the that particular telephone number. Once it identifies a .tel in the phone that has this number it displays the Facebook image, what's on your mind caption, with the .tel domain name in large bold letters under these items.

The user will instantly recognize the .tel domain under the image since he/she would have had to initially enter it into the application within the phone. The photo however would be a surprise as it would reflect the photo that the caller has control of.

Possible? Feasible? I guess the real question would be -> will it make our world a much better place?

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 4:20 am