The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

NEW ! tel-ratings is now LIVE !

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

NEW ! tel-ratings is now LIVE ! Empty NEW ! tel-ratings is now LIVE !

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:30 pm

telrific11-01-2009 01:03 AM

NEW ! tel-ratings is now LIVE !

New service I just finished putting together exclusively for use with .tel pages !

Click Here To See The Promo Page !

Thanks for your comments and support !

mactel11-01-2009 09:20 AM

Hi,
    I think your tel-ratings.com page looks great:

This might be the key and solution to promoting .tel, without you beeing aware of what you have created:
    You probably have created a lot more, than you intended to do.

I am only talking about your introduction page "tel-ratings.com", not about "sample.tel-ratings.com". But which might be fine, if it would offer it's services for less money.
    However: "sample.tel-ratings.com" is not "the great thing", in my eyes: It is the design of "tel-ratings.com".
    Your website looks more attractive, than looking at "the real thing", than looking at a real .tel domain.

You could show them such a website, with a "quasi .tel domain" on it (and a comic figure on it), just that the people "don't get shocked", when comming to the real .tel domain page (sorry, but .tel still looks ugly...).
    This said, is maybe hard, but true, and maybe even the solution (temporarily?).

telrific11-01-2009 01:59 PM

Thank you ... I think ?

The website is used only to promote .tel related stuff and is bulky html, graphics, etc.

I'm not trying to do anything other than maintain consistency with the effort is all.

I understand your point on the .tel pages style, but it's still about the data and use over looks.

I'm sure the style will improve over time just like the features we've seen added.

If you bring up a Yellowpages listing:

http://www.yellowpages.com/info-2283...dy-Waters-Cafe

This is a mess of ads, graphics, data, etc.

The page is a clarity disaster.

.tel has the edge regardless, for example:

http://www.nohostar.tel

Yellowpages did however have one* benefit over .tel - user ratings and reviews. 

Until now.

Maintaining .tel's beautiful clarity over the Yellowpages mess is critical, yet having a direct, clear user ratings and reviews page is a huge benefit !

As for url and price, I don't expect much, if anything except to introduce the concept and help out those who want an easy setup for a low,once-in-a-lifetime fee.

http://www.4localtv.tel did already !

Again, the concept adds great value to a .tel page for owners and users, that's the key.

*(well, two, their "book" is up and running - different story)

mactel11-01-2009 02:53 PM

Hi Telrific,
    I understand better, now, how your concept works.

It would be good, if the rating-result would show on telproxy, somewhere top right.

And then you could just click beneath, to rate your self.

telrific11-01-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 2226)
    Hi Telrific,
    I understand better, now, how your concept works.

It would be good, if the rating-result would show on telproxy, somewhere top right.

And then you could just click beneath, to rate your self.

[size]
    Very true.

However, that would defeat the purpose of .tel's mission.

The whole idea is a "race horse" that is not burdened with add-ons !

This is just a way to help the effort without adding burden.

This is Telnic's goal ... and wisely so, or it becomes the Yellowpages mess.[/size]

mactel11-02-2009 03:14 PM

I see.

But why not make a pop up window, for all "gadgets", including your rating window?
    It would not clutter up telproxy.
    For it is much more intuitive, to rate direct on the page or website, instead of goint to wesiteY to rate for webpageX:

You rate for webpageX on webpageX.

You rate for websiteP on websiteP.

This is otherwhise: People leaving telporxy, to have some fun, some distraction, but maybe they wanted to do something else, on telporxy, firstly. And now, as they have left telproxy of business.tel, will they come back to business.tel, after rating, for business.tel?

Well, at least, put a link on your rating website, so that people can find their way back, to where they where. Something like a "back to .tel" button / link.

Things, have to be very intuitive, simple, not complicated, or else it might be a "no go".

Or: With your rating concept: Ony 5% of all visitors of a .tel (with rating option), will rate, instead of 40% (direct rating from pop up window).

telrific11-02-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 2274)
    Well, at least, put a link on your rating website, so that people can find their way back, to where they where. Somethin like a "back to .tel" button / link.

[size]
    But they all do pop up in a new window or tab, however your browser settings are !

After reading, rating, reviewing you simply close the window and you're at the .tel page you were at before you click on tel-ratings link !

What did I miss ?

4localtv.tel as example

Or did you just mean that all add-ons could be just like the tel-ratings link ?

Telnic does that with LOC records to Google maps ... they're just using links to pop-ups there the same way.[/size]

mactel11-02-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:
    "
    Or did you just mean that all add-ons could be just like the tel-ratings link ?
    Telnic does that with LOC records to Google maps ... they're just using links to pop-ups there the same way."

I see: It works fine. But people are lazy. The "back to .tel" button might be nearer to reach, then the top right "close page" icon.
    It should be like sitting in a limousine car: all at your hand. (with conolly leather seats, that also please the eye. That is why you will improve your webdesign...)

Just a maybe silly question: Why should a person rate for a .tel domain, he has visited (a few times)? What does he get? What is the deal? What is there in it, for him?
    If he thinks, it a fantastic .tel domain, and if it was very useful to him, well yes: he might feel like rating, and spreading the word, and telling others, how good the dot tel domain is to use.

telrific11-02-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 2276)
    Just a maybe silly question: Why should a person rate for a .tel domain, he has visited (a few times)? What does he get? What is the deal? What is there in it, for him?

[size]
    It could be for the .tel domain if that is the main service offering, like a great directory, but, mostly it is used to quickly rate a business on the Listing Page just like Yellowpages does for Millions of Businesses.

If you bring up the Telpages results you might see a list of results showing businesses.

As you "browse" the results it is very handy to be able to click on a tel-rating link to see if the business is receiving good ratings before you go to their website or their business or just call.

It's a big time-saver to view it directly from the tel-page rather than hunting for it on a website.

Just like the phone number, or the map, and now the rating !

Works for restaurants, whatever ![/size]

boracay.tel11-02-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 2277)

Just like the phone number, or the map, and now the rating !

Works for restaurants, whatever !

[size]
    Absolutely love this idea. Ratings! Use a 3-star, 4-star, 5-star graphic.
    Get the telproxy to generate the simple "stars in a row" graphic based on the initial data supplied in an appropriate corresponding contact data field.

Not sure how user interaction would ultimately adjust over time the rating?

Great idea![/size]

telrific11-03-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Great idea !

[size]
    Millions of People seem to think so !

Quote:
    [/size]

... and help out those who want an easy setup for a low, once-in-a-lifetime fee.

http://www.4localtv.tel did already !

Again, the concept adds great value to a .tel page for owners and users, that's the key.

[size]

What isn't mentioned is that the price includes Administrative Monitoring for the service so that inappropriate comments are not automatically posted.

A live person is monitoring comments for foul language, etc. PRIOR to posting !

This is why it is not free ! :)[/size]

telrific11-03-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 2281)
    What isn't mentioned is that the price includes Administrative Monitoring for the service so that inappropriate comments are not automatically posted.

A live person is monitoring comments for foul language, etc. PRIOR to posting !

This is why it is not free !

[size]

Language on Offer Page Now Includes This ... :)[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 12:52 am