The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

NEW TELPROXY LIVE !!! Comments ?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

NEW TELPROXY LIVE !!! Comments ? Empty NEW TELPROXY LIVE !!! Comments ?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:46 pm

telrific03-04-2010 12:26 PM

NEW TELPROXY LIVE !!! Comments ?

Great to see the new TelProxy !

I don't even have to get deep into it to see that it's simply fantastic !

Thanks Telnic !

dialaroom03-04-2010 12:39 PM

Fantastic!

TELnew03-04-2010 05:10 PM

Thank you Telnic for the release of new telproxy.

Please consider following comments in addition to the comments made by others.

From PC :

1) Should be able to change the colour of Fonts to match the background colour changes.
    2) Text advert font size too small compared to other fonts sizes of "Records".
    3) Should have an option to "display/ not to display" links "manage", "view private data" and "learn more" at top right corner.
    4) Also should have the option to "display/ not to display" print icon (plus "Print this") and vCard icon (plus "Download vCard").
    5) Consider removing the "Powered by" from top of the .TEL logo.

1) When you click the url of the "Icon" the picture loads on a new window. The picture is displayed on top left corner of this new window. 
    How about adding a "Go Back" sign below the picture. Then it is easier to navigate back to the main .TEL page, instead of forcing the mobile user to manupulate the key pad/touch pad of the mobile phone.

Regards

telrific03-04-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 6100)
    I am not seeing the option to change this ???

Right back to "Deal-Breaker" ...

[size]

Looks like I found it in the main "Settings" of the Control Panel

-Settings (Edit Settings)
    -Customize .tel page
    -[] Search in affiliate-programs.tel only 
    By selecting this option, you will disable searching other .tel resources from your page. Visitors to your .tel will then only see search results inside your .tel resource. 

Very Good, Sorry I missed it !

:o[/size]

dotteler03-04-2010 06:27 PM

http://theteloffice.com/images/Picture-142.jpg
    I'm rocking the .tel logo on my first use of the new design!

spline03-04-2010 06:50 PM

Calm down! 

Overall this is a one hell of a GREAT step in the right direction!
    Overall this looks much better than the old one! 

Its a much better place of the .tel logo!

The search is great for users to discover .tels!

Now I can start showing my .tel domains without having to worry about the to ugly look. 
    I don't understand how some people accctually think it looked better before? 

There are still stuff that can be improved and fixed and there will allways be, but Telnic will fix these, Its not the end of the world.

You have realise that no matter what change Telnic make there are allways people who will complain.

Having the search on the each site is dispite what some people here argue the best for .tel domains to make them really work. Just like every other service or community also have a search on their pages!

dialaroom03-04-2010 07:29 PM

Been to busy to post before, like JLouis, I too have been trying to placate clients today with the wierd things happening in the new front end. Everything seems to have settled down a bit, everything but the search seems to work, ok. The colour choices have given the .tel a new lease of life, still waiting for my final choice to propagate.

I gave a Graphic Artist/Designer Graduate friend of mine a few quid and asked him to do a new defining logo for dialaroom, he stayed up all night and came up with a new one (see avatar) and a larger one incorporating the name for the sister web, sites.

I then chose the colours from the logo to compliment it, it appears that the holder doesn't support transparancy, so will have to put in background colour. however, the point is there is no comparison with the old look, it's a fantastic improvement, my clients think so, I think so. 

We need people like JLouis and Dotteller, Mactel, Shahid and all the rest of you guys on this forum. Telnic do listen, they will sort out the bugs I'm sure. Of course things can get a bit heated, but in the end we all want to see it succeed. A beta would probably have helped, but how practical that would have been I don't know, because, we would have never been happy. This is not a case of the lunatics taking over the assyllum. The Telnic team are still running it, but there also running one of the best forums out there, they let everyone have their say within legal reason. I for one feel lucky to be in at the early stages of something people are so madly enthusiastic about.

telrific03-04-2010 07:35 PM

Find a good theme and use it !

New TelProxy has GREAT potential as is !

christopher.vanderhorst.tel (the guy from last months story)
    telrific.tel
    tel-buy.tel
    tel-business.tel
    tel-wings.tel

dialaroom03-04-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 6134)
    "GIMP Image Editor".

[size]
    Gimp is good, I use it all the time.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-04-2010 08:42 PM

A few more template suggestions

I know that it is impossible to please anyone entirely with layouts and we shouldn't ask telnic to dramatically change the consistency of .tel format. 
    But some information should be emphasized more than others.
    I believe that static information like labels should never have more emphasis than the content especially since we see Goto, Web, etc over and over on a page.
    And some text colours need to be controlled, no sense changing top to dark colour when you only can get black text, right?

However, after I put this graphic together, I realize that the solution is to allow simple font and format changes to be controlled by the user in the CTH:

[x] Labels bold
    [x] Change title font color to [xxx]
    etc

Opinions?

Mark

http://telmasters.com/images/beforeafter.png

nadya03-04-2010 08:57 PM

Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments. We've been monitoring the thread all day and have been considering carefully the feedback whilst tweaking the operations in the live environment which is why we're now providing a summary of all requests:

• Disabling “Search All” for the TelPages window is done via the Settings. Deselecting the checkbox hides the option and limits the search to content of one domain. NOTE: some of the search components were not performing as expected, so the searchbox has been taken down temporarily. You can still configure your Settings for when the Search is re-enabled. 

• This release is the first in a series of updates where a Template Gallery will be added. The gallery will include several templates with different fonts, background and styling, as well as a template resembling the old layout; we will continue adding to the gallery after it is first launched to enable a diversity of displays.

• Some of the features (including the “Manage” link) have been widely requested by the community through different channels. Some of these users are considerably less technical than some of the forum members. In this view, the new features have been deemed important for mass adoption of .tel beyond the technical first movers. 

• The issue with the map display has now been resolved. 

• Other issues with rendering specific new dialogues or controls are due to caching - please clean your cache and restart your browser, and you should see your control panel and proxy fully operational. 

The systems are operating normally, no known issues are pending with the exception of the search. Thank you very much for your patience in rolling this out live. 

Once again, we would be happy to receive further constructive feedback from the community via various communications channels, and improve the new functionality accordingly. I would ask all posters to refrain from using excessive formatting and reposting the same requests several times. All reports are logged, tracked and will be acted upon. We appreciate your passion and your investment but we would urge you all to consider your tone when writing in order to not cause potential offense to others in the community during this new phase of the service upgrade.

Triton NW03-04-2010 09:04 PM

See guys, the world has not come to an end. Might I suggest takeachillpill.tel

maximka03-04-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 6136)
    The only complaint I have about the look of the current template (besides the need for a customizable template) is that it is too wide. I preferred the narrow look of a "contact card", the shape that was in the original .tel.

Please, please, please constrain the borders to the edges of the information, and not to the edges of the browser.

http://www.telmasters.com/images/tanaya.png

[size]
    Yes, it would be much nicer! We need not to forget that TEL was designed to be the online visit-card, so it should not to look like a custom web-site.

My proposition for future layout - to put Telnic's logo by default as avatar, until the owner of domain will change it to his own avatar. I think there is no need to show logo all the time - people who use tel, already know Telnic. 

Second proposition - to put 'Print this" and "Download vCard" to the ribbon on the top, there are now "MANAGE" and "LEARN MORE". And then to put entire this ribbon from the top of the page to the bottom of the page - all these functions are not very important and not often used, so they will do good being on the bottom.

After that we will have free right part of the page. So then it would be possible to place contacts and other important information at the centre as before.

And I still do not understand why it is necessary to show sings "Note" and "keywords" and icon of "Note"? They only take place and bring nothing.

Also, would it be less confusing, if that arrow on the icons, which now points downward, would point to the right-side?[/size]

dialaroom03-04-2010 10:14 PM

Great graphic example,Maximka, I would be surprised if any one disagrees with any of your first class tweaks. From my point of view, I would be very happy if Telnic adopted these small changes. Anyone disagree?

Shahid03-04-2010 11:31 PM

Hello,

I have been late in reply, all i can say is Thank you Telnic for listening to us and getting .tel in new shape its nice to know and see things we have said or still saying and if it can be implemented telnic is trying it's best.

I don't think in today's world you could get something this good or equivalent for just $ XX.

infact now i can say .tel is 1 stop for all your contacts and can act as a good site without a webmaster.

@Dailaroom love your logo

Shahid

spline03-04-2010 11:52 PM

You should definatly not be put the top to the bottom, its hard to get things to stay at the bottom and it could look weird.

I would be nice with some borders to frame in the content
    and stoping it from "floating in space" 

Checkout the layout of this page, on which the topheader goes all the way across but the main content is in the middle.

http://www.webmonkey.com/blog/HTML5_...t_Color_Picker

With the option to select a bordercolor and a backgroundcolor? For whats outside of the border.

It would be great to be able to change the: 
    color of the headline
    color of the text
    color of links
    color of icons or if not possible/icons

It would be great to be able to change the color of the icons (The green does not fit well with some colorschemes)

If the manage button could be hidden.

The arrow pointing sideways would look more positive.

The navigating breadcrumbs at the top needs 2-3 pixels in space from the top.

I think that would be enough for 99,99% of peoples need.

But these are not critical, the default looks much better than before!

Great work!

Blunderer03-05-2010 01:02 AM

What is it for?

May I suggest you all look at the post "Desktops will be irrelevant" in the General section and then have a look at your .tel sites on your mobile phones.

For desktop viewing we had a site design which was unique and memorable (you dont have to LOVE the look of it). We also had a strong corporate identity. What we now have is anaemic and appears sparsely populated.

We are not a conglomeration of individual, personally styled websites, who happen to meet in the same location. We are elements of one on-line global directory and as such, need to display common, easily recognizable and memorable graphic design. The function of owners is to populate their .tels with meaningful, truthful content, and to do so as quickly as possible. Buggering about with colour schemes and pictures is best left to interior designers, particularly so since mobile phones do not display colour schemes nor avatars on .tel sites (and nor should they).

The new display width should be reduced and the links should be made prominent. The font colour should also be reviewed. How easy will it be to read on a mobile screen outside on a sunny day? Spacing of the display should also be looked at, to reduce vertical scroll down length.

The search button should be below the input field not beside it, to eliminate the need for lateral scrolling. The page should be made as easy and fast as possible to use on the widest range of mobile devices.

Trying to make a .tel site look like a website is a waste of time and resources, and patience is a virtue.

Goodnight folks,

Roy

maximka03-05-2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 6166)
    ... I certainly do not want to invite any predators in to take a lucky guess!

[size]
    Everyone via Whois service can easily find which registrar we have and which telhosting we use, so that "manage" function change nothing.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 6167)
    The page should be made as easy and fast as possible to use on the widest range of mobile devices.

Trying to make a .tel site look like a website is a waste of time and resources, and patience is a virtue.

[size]
    Totally agree. +100% .[/size]

telrific03-05-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 6140)
    • This release is the first in a series of updates where a Template Gallery will be added. The gallery will include several templates with different fonts, background and styling, as well as a template resembling the old layout; we will continue adding to the gallery after it is first launched to enable a diversity of displays.

[size]
    Hi Nadya,

Thanks for the info, everything is looking like it's progressing nicely !

One question on the above comment you posted,

What is the timeframe for the above ? Days, Weeks, Months ?

Necessary for planning, thanks.

:)[/size]

mactel03-05-2010 04:27 PM

My first shot with "painting by numbers":
    http://geneva-budget.tel/
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

NEW TELPROXY LIVE !!! Comments ? Empty Re: NEW TELPROXY LIVE !!! Comments ?

WilliamTelz03-05-2010 05:17 PM

As good as Gaudi...

Alexander, I very much like this site & how you've done it.

As much as I'm unhappy about the new TelProxy rollout process, I reckon you've definitely got a nice soft blue colour scheme fitting in with great editorial content.

It's 2.15pm Sat morning here in OZ & Geneva-Budget.tel has given me a little bit of bedtime reading.

You've made it so interesting & story-telling-like, that I wish we could fly there tomorrow, just to use your Dot-Tel on my Blackberry Bold, strolling alongside Lake Geneva.

Google's gonna love you with all that lovely text for travellers searching the Internet for info about their forthcoming trip to Geneva.

And all the weblinks: when did you put this together? Now we definitely have to get our own little Buderim.tel worked up more like yours. Wow, mate. "A text-mosaic work of art." Enough to make Gaudi jealous.

G'night, Switzerland.

maximka03-05-2010 05:39 PM

Just remark about improvement of new design: now I looked at Google's map and found that in new template's map the scale of distances is absent. Or I missed it?

If Telnic will decide to put scale to the map, please, place it so that it would be clearly visible (in Google's maps it is always hidden in the left bottom corner and additionally is hidden beyond the letters - so it is very uncomfortable to use).

mactel03-05-2010 05:40 PM

Hello WiliamTelz
    Glad you enjoyed looking at the .tel domain about Geneva and budget offers. Thank you so much, for your appreciative and kind words about the web pages. 
    I have another site to match with: 
    http://genevebudget.blogspot.com/

.http://www.lataniere39.com/rene/geneve/0001.jpg

mactel03-05-2010 05:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 6204)
    Just remark about improvement of new design: now I looked at Google's map and found that in new template's map the scale of distances is absent. Or I missed it?

If Telnic will decide to put scale to the map, please, place it so that it would be clearly visible (in Google's maps it is always hidden in the left bottom corner and additionally is hidden beyond the letters - so it is very uncomfortable to use).

[size]
    Yes, you are missing...:
    You only have resize (with "+").
    .[/size]

maximka03-05-2010 05:53 PM

Still do not see it. Saying "Scale" - I mean "a ruler to measure distances on the map".

mactel03-05-2010 06:01 PM

Click as many times on "+", till the size is ok for you.
    There is no ruler (anymore).
    Other system.

P.S.:
    Upppsss...: Sorry, I misunderstood you.
    You are looking for a scale, to see the distance: I understand now.

Edit:
    http://www.google.com/mobile/maps/index.html
    That feature might not be included for mobiles?... Or was it there, on the old telproxy, as well?

Cees03-05-2010 10:08 PM

RE item 3, may I suggest it should be opt in NOT opt out, just too much work otherwise.

Cees03-05-2010 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=TELnew;6116]Thank you Telnic for the release of new telproxy.

Please consider following comments in addition to the comments made by others.

From PC :

1) Should be able to change the colour of Fonts to match the background colour changes.
    2) Text advert font size too small compared to other fonts sizes of "Records".
    3) Should have an option to "display/ not to display" links "manage", "view private data" and "learn more" at top right corner.
    4) Also should have the option to "display/ not to display" print icon (plus "Print this") and vCard icon (plus "Download vCard").
    5) Consider removing the "Powered by" from top of the .TEL logo.

Sorry folks my previous comment should have incl the above quote

maximka03-06-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 6140)
    This release is the first in a series of updates where a Template Gallery will be added. The gallery will include several templates with different fonts, background and styling, as well as a template resembling the old layout; we will continue adding to the gallery after it is first launched to enable a diversity of displays.

[size]
    It can be a fine thing with new "skins". How about open competition for a best "skin's" project? May be it is possible to do such competitions regularly, every month or every two months, for example. It is very easy to organize - it need just to announce on free-lancer's forums that Telnic makes such competition and winner will get 100$, for example. 

The money are not big, but Telnic can add, that name of a winner will be published at his website, like it is now with "tel of the week". Glory + 100$ = a good thing and people will participate. One of the bonuses from this will be further advertisement of TEL, another bonus will be that forum members will participate in the discussion of these projects and will vote for the best of them - so they will know from advance about future "skins" and will be not disappointed, because it will be they who will decide about which project is the best.

Of course, it is just proposition...

I do not think that I will be the first winner of this competition, but may be I will be the first participator - this is my template, which I would like for my tel-site: 

http://litvo.webasyst.net/publicdata..._4bb7b.970.jpg

and another one:

http://litvo.webasyst.net/publicdata..._34216.970.jpg

.[/size]

mikeseaton03-06-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russellharper (Post 6104)
    When the old style business card surround was in place it focused your eye into the centre of the page for reading content. I now find that the page looks quite cluttered and you're not sure where to look first.... The dark background and white card area worked very well.

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 6136)
    The only complaint I have about the look of the current template (besides the need for a customizable template) is that it is too wide. I preferred the narrow look of a "contact card", the shape that was in the original .tel.

Please, please, please constrain the borders to the edges of the information, and not to the edges of the browser.

[size]
    I agree - the colour for the information area should not extend to the edge of the screen.

What is needed is the ability to set a 4th Background Colour that covers the area to the left and right of the populated area. It would be helpful if this could be defaulted to a dark colour, so those of us with a large number of Dot Tels would not have to go into the Design tab of every domain to set it.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Triton NW03-06-2010 12:41 AM

Hello Nadya
    I am sure it has been a memorable day for the folks at Telnic. I am one of the people that believes you will continue to make this better every day. My question is the same as telrific. Can you tell us when the templates will be available. I am not asking to rush them rather I need to wait to modify all of my pages until the new templates as i will only have time to do it once.

Thanks for the help

aliencafe03-06-2010 02:40 AM

New .tel look and feel

I currently own a large number of premium names. 

I'm quite pleased with the results of the new pages, you cannot please everyone in the world with 100's of requests. I'm sure any minor bugs will be worked out just as they have been worked out in the past.

This is a new technology and I'm sure just like Windows and Mac OS has had their ups, downs and growing pains, in the end both were very successful.

The new professional "profile" look and style of the .tel will be very successful I'm sure. 

Instead of the continuous rants, I think a list of bugs emailed once directly to Telnic would surely be fixed in a decent amount of time. New users reading all the negative posts will help absolutely nobody. Positive comments and positive criticism are welcome by everyone I'm sure. 

On a positive note if we all band together to promote, discuss, and market the .tel by linking to each other posting on twitter and other social networks this would benefit everyone.

For a look at my good friend Hank Grebe's contribution, please take a look at www.One-SanFrancisco.com .

I will be joining him once a large project of mine has finished.

By the way monetization and and use of .tel works very well, Hank and I have proved this to ourselves- so my advice to those who are spending time ranting on here- spend some time and effort on your .tel and realize the profits as we are.

Kind regards-

Shahid03-06-2010 11:29 AM

I would be happy if the image system was customized

lets say i am on AIDS.tel and i want to use the same logo for all the subdomain so there should be an option which i tick it and it states select the image for all the subdomains or specific page.

i think it can help in great deal DailAroom might agree with me

Shahid

JLouisBiz03-06-2010 11:42 AM

Of course.

But one has to find people thinking in advance prior to release of a faulty service.

dialaroom03-06-2010 11:42 AM

Shahid that would be really helpful, if the same logo/icon showed on every sub-domain, it would help corporate identity, I've just added it to 150 of my 5 or 6,000 folders and it takes an age, then if you wished you could edit or change one individually.

If telnic can do this, easily, please let us know, it will save me hours and hours of work. Great idea Shahid. Thanks.

JLouisBiz03-06-2010 11:45 AM

Dialaroom, you are really doing that? That is plain example of how wrong TELNIC's decision can waste time of thousands of people. 

You are one of those really building on TEL, and now you have to correct the problem by hand. But, look, maybe tomorrow TELNIC reinvents something completely different, you are prone to repeat your work. 

There are no liabilities in this game, we are just experimental guinea pigs.

dialaroom03-06-2010 11:49 AM

@JLouis - Just to redress the balance a bit, Telnic have helped me behind the scenes with a lot of reconfiguring of the structure of all dialaroom sites and saved me many hours.

tel4rent03-06-2010 11:49 AM

Shahid, dialaroom i totally agree with that...it is should be an option.

Be well.

JLouisBiz03-06-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Telnic have helped me behind the scenes with a lot of reconfiguring of the structure of all dialaroom sites and saved me many hours.

[size]
    Right, unfair favoring. I would like to get some free working hours by TELNIC too.[/size]

dialaroom03-06-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 6268)
    Right, unfair favoring. I would like to get some free working hours by TELNIC too.

[size]
    I didn't mean they worked hours for me. I meant they have answered my private queries quickly, and pointed me in the right direction which has saved me hours of doing the wrong thing.[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Serg03-06-2010 04:38 PM

I welcome!

Has read here a lot of criticism of a template which is not basic. It is possible to make changes under the offer of one. Others then will come and will tell - it is not pleasant to us. 
    I urge Telnic to listen to users. But not to follow their tastes.

mactel03-06-2010 05:10 PM

My taste, is maybe not your taste, but the taste and wishes of the majority should be respected. And yes: The registry should listen to them, very carefully.

But often, there's nothing more to be said, because a lot of things can be done properly, just by using common sense, in a quiet moment, and when been relaxed and concentrated (not distracted).

If it is too much, to do My.tel 2.0, as well as updates for both My.tel and Superbook, as well as the new version of TelProxy, all at the same time, then one should only concentrate on the new version ot TelProxy, for the sake of quality and customer satisfaction.
    Set priorities, and delegate the work. Don't save money on staff, it it would become more expensive, not being able to cope with all the tasks, with only one person trying to do them alone. False economy, is a danger. It can happen fast. Make sustainable budgets, but not pre-programmed problems, that are often costly, at the end, because of short term thinking. Think in long therms, budget in long terms, make everything sustainable: Economy/commerce, and the environment. Both are related together, for both to become sustainable. 

maximka03-06-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 6292)
    I can't be bothered with .tel at the moment, it's like being a lab rat.

[size]
    Transfer one of your TELs to name.com or Dynadot and see, may be there you will feel more comfortable. I personally keep my domains there and have any headache.[/size]

telrific03-07-2010 11:16 AM

Nadya / Aled

There are two very obvious things I wonder if you would address:

1. The Title Label in the new TelProxy doesn't use the smaller fonts for longer names like the old, and subsequently the Large, Longer, Overlapping Labels look very poor.

Can this be repaired ?

2. The Text Header information does not respect spacing display from the control panel.
    That is, we can have and type lines of text with spacing that shows up in the control panel, but the spacing disappears when displayed in the new TelProxy text header.

Can this be repaired also ?

Thanks !

russellharper03-08-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELnew (Post 6355)
    why don't you leave the old template intact and introdce new templates as options?

[size]
    I agree with TELnew. No doubt a lot of us, over the past 12 months, have based our page display and input of data around the old template.

I know Nadya has mentioned this 'old style' template will be available to choose from in the future but could this be fast tracked as a selectable template option for existing / early adopters of .Tel? I'm in the process of launching a new .Tel directory in the next week and feel pretty gutted that the template has just changed. The text headers don't have spaces and the 'name' display of data has also changed. I put full company names in the nickname tab as they wouldn't work properly being split into first and last names. They now show as 'nickname' which instantly looks wrong and I now have the task of updating hundreds of entries to correct this. I appreciate this may have been a mistake on my behalf but at the time it didn't make a difference how you entered details into this area for it to be displayed on the .tel page.[/size]

russellharper03-08-2010 11:44 PM

Final words.........

Ok, final expression of my views with the old template before I move on....

The old style template had a Windows style theme with the folder / icon colours and styles. To me this felt comfortable and familiar to look at when browsing through folder structures or looking at .tel pages. The page display was also beautifully simple and instantly obvious how to navigate your way through it.

The above has been lost with the new update. I agree with the new features which have been integrated into the control panel but feel that the old style display should still be used.

End.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-08-2010 11:51 PM

What has been lost with the new template is the constrained look and feel of a contact page somewhat like the old rolodex. That's why I'd like the wide edge-to-edge style removed as per my earlier post.
    Mark

Quote:

Originally Posted by russellharper (Post 6420)
    Ok, final expression of my views with the old template before I move on....

The old style template had a Windows style theme with the folder / icon colours and styles. To me this felt comfortable and familiar to look at when browsing through folder structures or looking at .tel pages. The page display was also beautifully simple and instantly obvious how to navigate your way through it.

The above has been lost with the new update. I agree with the new features which have been integrated into the control panel but feel that the old style display should still be used.

End.

russellharper03-09-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 6422)
    What has been lost with the new template is the constrained look and feel of a contact page somewhat like the old rolodex. That's why I'd like the wide edge-to-edge style removed as per my earlier post.
    Mark

[size]
    I totally agree with you Mark. .Tel should avoid trying to look like a standard webpage and remain instantally recognisable for it's intended purpose.[/size]

Triton NW03-09-2010 12:14 AM

Agreed Mark
    I think when they make the next suggested changes we will see an ever better version of it. I am looking forward to eliminating the bar that goes entirely across the screen. 100% confidence that Telnic will make it happen

stel03-09-2010 05:08 AM

A few ideas: I agree with Mark that the "wide edge-to-edge style" should be changed. Changing its color from gray to purple might look better. Other ideas like making the arrows horizontal rather than vertical make more sense to me. Adding the new features as options to the old template is probably fair. JLouis Biz has a lot of valid points and ideas and I understand that trying to run a business with all these changes is very difficult, but his way of presenting his ideas is not always constructive, especially in case people other than forum members read these discussions. However, the new features will make .tel better and more valuable, a really nice and useful tool....

mikeseaton03-11-2010 12:09 AM

I, like many others, feel the old template should be brought back now (as the default template) - rather than at some undefined point in the future.

There is a thread showing support for this at http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=783

Mike Seaton

Triton NW03-11-2010 12:40 AM

I am not a software guy but if I had to guess, it is not that easy just to bring it back as default. I think the best we can hope for is that the new set of templates gets here soon and that will be one of the options.

I actually really like the new default look but the color all the way across the screen needs to go.

mikeseaton03-12-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 6340)
    The Text Header information does not respect spacing display from the control panel.
    That is, we can have and type lines of text with spacing that shows up in the control panel, but the spacing disappears when displayed in the new TelProxy text header.

[size]
    Yes I've noticed that as well - it's started happening since the new template was launched.

You arrange header text in logical groups, separated with a space line, and when it's published the space line disappears leaving the text in one mass.

Can we have this fixed please Telnic?

Thanks.

Mike Seaton[/size]

RonMunson03-12-2010 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stel (Post 6432)
    A few ideas: I agree with Mark that the "wide edge-to-edge style" should be changed. Changing its color from gray to purple might look better. Other ideas like making the arrows horizontal rather than vertical make more sense to me. Adding the new features as options to the old template is probably fair. JLouis Biz has a lot of valid points and ideas and I understand that trying to run a business with all these changes is very difficult, but his way of presenting his ideas is not always constructive, especially in case people other than forum members read these discussions. However, the new features will make .tel better and more valuable, a really nice and useful tool....

[size]
    In my opinion I would leave the default color scheme the way it is. I have had many people comment on how good it looks, even the nay sayers.

Colors have psychological affects the the people that view these web pages. The color scheme that telnic has choosen for the default usually creates the affect that this is a site that has been around for a while and is run by professionals. I use these grey colors all the time to create this affect.

Visibly it is very easy for viewers to scan the page quickly. The old template didn't allow this. As one note however. The blue writing under each grey description isn't really necessary in my opinion. Such as the website URL.

What I would have done is just put the description. When the user hovers over the description the URL is exposed. That being said overall I would say that Telnic has done a very good job bringing the browser look and feel to a level that will attract a lot of small businesses.

I know a few nay sayers in the real estate industry who have pointed out that they are now very interested in the dot tel domain because it makes sense from their point of view.

Big thumbs up Telnic.[/size]

stel03-12-2010 06:42 AM

Interesting feedback Ron. I checked the default look again and maybe I am also getting used to the gray- did it get lighter or is my mind playing tricks on me? Would anybody else like to comment on the "arrow down/ vertical arrow" look vs a "horizontal arrow" look?

WilliamTelz03-12-2010 08:52 AM

Go grey, you'd better pray!

No, you're all just getting used to faded battleship grey, folks.

Don't kid yourselves, GREY absorbs. The web has finally accepted colour wholesale, look around you at a few hundred sites at a time, do an accurate sample, & tell me how FEW are grey/gray/grayscale. Do you want to go backwards? Well, hell, if you do, then throw away Dot-Tel too.

Contain the colour to "page width" on PC, yes, sure.

On another note, Nadya, Henri, Telnic folks, remember I emailed you PRIOR TO the new TelProxy page design release, & I said, "Throw away the words 'Powered by:' but you chose to keep it in after all." Others have also said since then to maybe remove it.

Here's my AU$2,000,000 worth: If you've got a Maserati (or Porsche whatever), the BIG BADGE on the bonnet, dashboard, boot, steering wheel, mags, turbo, everywhere, says, MASERATI, MASERATI, MASERATI.

So why would you want to water it down by saying 'Powered by:' Of course you wouldn't.

Say it BIG, say it BOLD, say it [size=48].tel

Damnit, have you forgotten it already? Be proud you're Dot-Tel. I am![/size]

WilliamTelz03-12-2010 09:14 AM

I can't believe how many experts in design we have on this subject...

Quote:

Originally Posted by stel (Post 6648)
    Interesting feedback Ron. I checked the default look again and maybe I am also getting used to the gray- did it get lighter or is my mind playing tricks on me? Would anybody else like to comment on the "arrow down/ vertical arrow" look vs a "horizontal arrow" look?

[size]
    Ask yourself, What do YOU think?

Folder icon Arrow: Point the bloomin' thing right, folks.

It's not what we say that counts here; "...dig/burrow down into a subfolder blah-blah etc."

It's actually how people from english-speaking, & many other Top-Left-to-Bottom-Right-READING countries, see/scan/read a page, no more, no less!

OOPS, SORRY, not clear? Okay, see symbol pointing right, scan right to next item same line, continue scanning/reading to end of line, go to start of next line down (LHS), again...all the way to bottom right, turn page/new screen etc.

ARROW POINT TO RIGHT, PLEASE. :D[/size]

JLouisBiz03-12-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

On another note, Nadya, Henri, Telnic folks, remember I emailed you PRIOR TO the new TelProxy page design release, & I said, "Throw away the words 'Powered by:' but you chose to keep it in after all." Others have also said since then to maybe remove it

[size]
    Problem is not in having "Powered by" on a website displayed, but in having content mixed up with "Powered by".

Placement of "Powered by" as a part of TELNIC picture is fine for me, as picture will lesser count as a content in search engines.

But as a text, "Powered by" messes up with content, influences search engine results and decreases my Adsense earning.

How I know that? My Adsense earnings are bank related, financial service related and Adsense appears on the page based on the content. So, far, Google considers some of our company names as synonyms for certain industry, it is enough to launch a website with our company name to get same financial based Adsense displayed.

With "Powered by" we will probable have car, fuel, car parts and similar on an Adsense or mixture with our higher paid Adsense and whatever comes up due to "Powered by".

Further, the nonsense "We could not reach TELNIC servers at this moment" shall be removed, as it appears then in Google very ugly.

See here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

If page cannot reach TEL hosting servers, it rather remains empty. It is similar like placing "Under construction" on numerous pages.[/size]

WilliamTelz03-12-2010 09:59 AM

PS. Was wondering if anyone else would see SEO concern

Yup, that's an even more long-winded way of agreeing with me than I could have imagined, JLouisBiz, but I appreciate it.

Amazing how we both have different ways of seeing eye-to-eye.

So, in summary we confirm; get rid of the text, "Powered by:" :cool:

All that remains is to get on the Election Trail to help Henri vote YES, & we're home & hosed. Cheers. :eek:

maximka03-12-2010 02:38 PM

What about Telnic's logo on the page of every TEL? As for me, it brings nothing. Page could be without it. The less unnecessary things - the better.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

JLouisBiz03-12-2010 03:18 PM

Well, that's where "& Marketing" comes in play.

Aled03-17-2010 12:44 PM

Therer is an update on some minor proxy changes made today and upcoming changes on this new thread -http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?p=6950#post6950

maximka04-21-2010 07:34 PM

With current map in Telhosting panel it is very difficult to set exact geo-location of an object. A lot of job and time is needed to set one single address correctly. Telnic should implement a satellite view at telhosting panel - this can help to set addresses quickly. 

Now I spent more then an hour to set only the 3 addresses. It is a terrible waste of time.

JLouisBiz04-21-2010 08:07 PM

That is true, the exact position is hard to set, once has to move the pointer by hand, and it is terribly hard, in the small window.

But you can go to Google Maps, find the position easier, and than use the position from the URL and copy it into the TEL hosting panel.

maximka04-21-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 8269)
    But you can go to Google Maps, find the position easier, and than use the position from the URL and copy it into the TEL hosting panel.

[size]
    To copy the position (numbers) directly to the telhosting window for addresses?[/size]

JLouisBiz04-21-2010 09:13 PM

In the URL you find coordinates, you copy only the coordinates. The numbers with + and -

I am putting street address, city and country into TEL hosting panel, some positions are then very accurate, but some are not accurate, and I have to move it by mouse. 

I have got a feeling that Google Maps originally give more accurate position for the same search.

maximka04-21-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 8273)
    In the URL you find coordinates, you copy only the coordinates. The numbers with + and -

I am putting street address, city and country into TEL hosting panel, some positions are then very accurate, but some are not accurate, and I have to move it by mouse. 

I have got a feeling that Google Maps originally give more accurate position for the same search.

[size]
    Thank you! This way can be, of course. 

But if TEL is a domain for everyone, then Telnic should make the method of setting the exact address very simple. TEL is for people who do not know much about Internet nuances. Also people usually don't like to use complicated ways. So everything in TEL should be simple.[/size]

JLouisBiz04-21-2010 09:42 PM

Life is not a dream.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-12, 1:52 pm