The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

new look telproxy feedback

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

new look telproxy feedback Empty new look telproxy feedback

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:35 pm

dottel.net02-10-2010 06:35 PM

new look telproxy feedback

just read this months .telegraph which includes a screenshot of the new look proxy.
    Must say it is a leap forward and looks very slick and clean.

would the new features exposed be also available via the soap api? namely:
    ability to configure the search
    'more information' - is this a special type of keyword entry?
    logo link
    selected template/theme?
    etc

Well done!

nadya02-10-2010 06:40 PM

Hi,
    Great to hear positive feedback. Yes, the new features should be available via SOAP. When the proxy is live, or shortly before that, I will publish the updated API references and probably a whitepaper specifically on customization features.

TELcp02-10-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 5272)
    Hi,
    Great to hear positive feedback. Yes, the new features should be available via SOAP. When the proxy is live, or shortly before that, I will publish the updated API references and probably a whitepaper specifically on customization features.

[size]
    Great news for all tel owners.
    Thank you Nadya.[/size]

mactel02-10-2010 07:23 PM

The logo should be on the right side.

Too many "hard and sharp" corners (outch!), and not soft and rounded enough.

It would be cooler and nicer, to have a landing page, and go from there, to the new designed page:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0CwEMUJ8Ow..._domain_03.jpg

There should not be patches or fields: All icons should be set off, against one colored background.

Color of header and background should be changable.

TelFriends/Print/VCard section is too big and too dominate (takes up too much space, which should be used for advertising).

Color of standard .tel icons, are boring and bland. 

Overall look: disappointing, boring and unintersting: We expected a bit more spice and hipe.
    Conclusion: 

Get a professional web designer, and pay him at least £2000, for his work.

Don't work with photo-shop hobby designers for a web page look that over 250'000 domainers have registered.

dialaroom02-10-2010 07:36 PM

Preview: The new look for your .tel page

I love the new look for .tel pages, the ability for a different graphic on each folder is a terrific addition and choice of colour scheme. Hiding All tels search another great feature. You've certainly delivered what you promised, can't wait for March. Thanks to all at Telnic.

nadya02-10-2010 07:38 PM

Hi Mactel,

Thanks for feedback. The mockup shown in the newsletter is simply one of the templates that is going to be available. Customization will allow you to choose a template and also change the background colour to further offset the icons and text. This is precisely why customization is being added, so that .tel owners can express themselves and individualize their pages.

mactel02-10-2010 07:45 PM

Ok, great, Nadya.

Gav02-10-2010 08:02 PM

Well done everyone at Telnic.

I like the look, the new features and the exciting possibilities that lay ahead for us .tel domainers.

Great Job

Regards

Gav

JLouisBiz02-10-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 5274)
    Conclusion: 

Get a professional web designer, and pay him at least £2000, for his work.

Don't work with photo-shop hobby designers for a web page look that over 250'000 domainers have registered.

[size]
    I strongly agree on that.[/size]

dialaroom02-10-2010 09:02 PM

graphic properties

Nadya, would it be possible to give us the dimensions of the graphic holder and prefered format, so that I can spend some time between now and March optimising graphics to add to my folders.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-10-2010 09:04 PM

JLouisBiz, Mactel

Free speech arguments aside, you guys really need to give people a break. Agreeing to comments like a "getting pro web designer" and "disappointing" belittle the hard work that the developers at Telnic are doing for us. Think about, they read this forum too. 

Telnic team, keep up your excellent work. I like the rest of the community look forward to the new release.

Mark

dialaroom02-10-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 5282)
    JLouisBiz, Mactel

Free speech arguments aside, you guys really need to give people a break. Agreeing to comments like a "getting pro web designer" and "disappointing" belittle the hard work that the developers at Telnic are doing for us. Think about, they read this forum too. 

Telnic team, keep up your excellent work. I like the rest of the community look forward to the new release.

Mark

[size]
    I Strongly Agree![/size]

Gav02-10-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 5282)
    JLouisBiz, Mactel

Mark

[size]
    Well said Mark[/size]

dotteler02-10-2010 09:32 PM

The telnic team again proves that they do indeed listen to the community. 
    It is nice to see the positive move forward that the new look and integrations will bring.
    They telnic team must have thick skins to put up with the things said in here : )

can02-10-2010 09:33 PM

Great Job!
    Be sure .tel will success.
    I would like to see a professional yellowpage looklike template to build up directory,just becoming one of the templates choice is ok.

ArrisDottel02-10-2010 09:37 PM

I Like the look of the new tel proxy and like the new functionality - 

Real steps forward ! 

Thanks Telnic

Triton NW02-10-2010 09:40 PM

URL Masking

Great new look. Really nice step forward. I am not sure what the complainers were expecting. Go back and get a look at Yahoo after 11 months of being live Pretty different from today...........

I could not tell from the example but will we be able to mask the URL in a GoTo Link?

Or any link for that matter. Not unappreciative, just curious.

Well done

maximka02-10-2010 09:42 PM

Very nice done, ideed! :):)

I think, that after this a lot of new people will want to register their new TELs. 

P.S.

Now I even began to worry, that I need not to put for the later times registration of those few new domains on which I had put my eyes. Because competitors will come and pick them up...:eek:

tony mayo02-10-2010 10:16 PM

Well done again everyone at Telnic.
    I love the new look and access to AdSense is going to increase the value of all our investments.
    And to think the year has only started...

JLouisBiz02-10-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 5288)
    Great new look. Really nice step forward. I am not sure what the complainers were expecting. Go back and get a look at Yahoo after 11 months of being live Pretty different from today...........

I could not tell from the example but will we be able to mask the URL in a GoTo Link?

Or any link for that matter. Not unappreciative, just curious.

Well done

[size]
    You can mask your links by using some simple script on .COM domain, which you put in Dot Tel, and which redirects to the real URL.

It could be something like http://example.com/123 to redirect to http://shareprofitsexample.com/cgi?j=123&etc[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

new look telproxy feedback Empty Re: new look telproxy feedback

Shahid02-10-2010 10:50 PM

Thank you Telnic,

it was nice to read the TeleGraph and also learn more about the new look of .tel
    it certainly is exciting to know so much change is coming which is actually taking
    place since i did comment on this before that we should have customizable templates
    to give it a feel of a user's own Customization instead of a user being forced to use what 
    we have right now.

what i would have liked more if it was possible, as we saw the sample in Justin.tel why
    not have a demo of justin.tel live to get the feel of it atleast if possible it will give us more
    accurate idea of what it is being transformed into, just a thought something like the Vip.tel
    which we had in the start of .tel 

many people here on the forum say this or that but when it comes to reality they have done
    noting but just talked :) so i would personally ignore them and go with the batch of people
    who are actually promoting .tel and trying to keep up to it instead of just wanting and wanting

.tel looks great and hope everyone who invested in it makes enough to be happy and appreciate .tel

Shahid

telrific02-11-2010 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 5276)
    Hi Mactel,

Thanks for feedback. The mockup shown in the newsletter is simply one of the templates that is going to be available. Customization will allow you to choose a template and also change the background colour to further offset the icons and text. This is precisely why customization is being added, so that .tel owners can express themselves and individualize their pages.

[size]
    Beautiful !

;)[/size]

Aled02-11-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 5281)
    Nadya, would it be possible to give us the dimensions of the graphic holder and prefered format, so that I can spend some time between now and March optimising graphics to add to my folders.

[size]
    Hi dialaroom,

The actual image displayed is 78 x 78. Larger images will be resized to fit.

Thanks

Aled[/size]

dottel.net02-11-2010 01:04 PM

would it be possible for one of the provided templates be the exact same as the current tel proxy? if that is done and made the default, then owners can manage the switch and supporting documentation in their own time vs having to rush to get marketing material reprinted, etc once the new tel proxy goes out there?

thoughts?

dialaroom02-11-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 5325)
    Hi dialaroom,

The actual image displayed is 78 x 78. Larger images will be resized to fit.

Thanks

Aled

[size]
    Thanks Aled, do we assume .jpg or .png or.gif is best[/size]

JLouisBiz02-11-2010 02:48 PM

Question:

Could you PLEASE PLEASE add one single option, like "Background URL" so that we can add background image from remote server. I have customized Twitter background:
    http://twitter.com/thetabiz

and if Twitter has customized background, why not Dot Tel Domain. This will come up sooner or later as request.

With Background URL, I would be able to make my own statistics as well.

JLouisBiz02-11-2010 02:52 PM

May I also add: please add FAVICON URL as well, so that I can customize the Favicon from third server. Thank you.

Both Favicon and Background ARE identity catcher, and I would like to have own Favicon instead of .Tel favicon.

Aled02-11-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 5328)
    Thanks Aled, do we assume .jpg or .png or.gif is best

[size]
    Hi - it's whatever works best for your image.[/size]

Triton NW02-11-2010 03:53 PM

The 78X78 is obviously for a picture as in Justin's example. My logo's would look silly if they were stretched to fit that square shape. Will there be other options in this release or is that in future releases?

Thanks all

Aled02-11-2010 05:56 PM

Triton - the only option curently planned is for an image in the size specified.

Triton NW02-11-2010 06:25 PM

Thanks Aled
    If we leave it empty will the background color fill in the void?

Aled02-11-2010 06:43 PM

Yes Triton it will. And that's how all .tel domains will appear at the point of switchover.

mactel02-11-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 5332)
    The 78X78 is obviously for a picture as in Justin's example. My logo's would look silly if they were stretched to fit that square shape. Will there be other options in this release or is that in future releases?

Thanks all

Solution:

GIMP Image Editor
    [size]

.[/size]

stel02-11-2010 07:39 PM

Very nice job Telnic. The "search" function & adsense capability are great. Thank you!

steved197502-12-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 5272)
    Hi,

[size]
    Nadya - it would make more sense for you guys to provide the API stuff to developers way beforehand so they can start changing / upgrading their systems - otherwise there's an unnecessary lag in providing services for us users. That's what companies like Microsoft do before they release a new platform...[/size]

Aled02-12-2010 01:29 PM

Comment by Mactel moved to a new thread as it wasn't part of this discussion.

nadya02-12-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved1975 (Post 5356)
    Nadya - it would make more sense for you guys to provide the API stuff to developers way beforehand so they can start changing / upgrading their systems - otherwise there's an unnecessary lag in providing services for us users. That's what companies like Microsoft do before they release a new platform...

[size]
    Thank you for your concern. We will try to continue following industry-standard practices in future releases. The proxy update is not “a new platform” release, there’ll be very little change to the API of the TelHosting system, only a few parameters addedd or existing operations extended. 

When testing is done and the API change is confirmed, the dev community will be informed of the full scope of changes via the forum. I hope to get the content ready next week. Meanwhile, if you have specific questions about the upcoming changes, please email us atdev@telnic.org and we will try to answer you as best we can.[/size]

tel4rent02-13-2010 09:11 AM

Congratulation to all at Telnic. The new design looks great. Can't wait to play with it March. Many thanks for listening to your community. 

Be well!

dialaroom02-13-2010 10:12 AM

Quick Image question

Will the image in the header support animated gifs?

teltheworld02-13-2010 12:24 PM

While I understand that it's possible to add a different graphic / logo to each page in a sub directory of your .Tel will it also be possible to change the Text in the Header for each page?

Example: If you have a directory about holidays and have 100 holiday companies advertising in your directory, would it therefore be possible for each of those 100 companies to have a page with their own Text Heading and Logo in your directory, or will it be only possible to change the logo?

I am also very much hoping that one of the New Templates will be able to replicate the Soft flowing lines of 'Tel Pages' 

Also does anyone else feel that it would be a nice idea for the 'Search Box' to resemble the same design as that used it 'Tel Pages' which would obviously need to be smaller than the full size version to fit on the page.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

mactel02-13-2010 05:52 PM

Basically, the existing features, will continue to exist with the new design.
    There will be some more features, in addition.

spline02-13-2010 11:00 PM

Thanks! Really great work telnic! 

Its not easy to come up with something that should look pro and fit as many people as possible, I think you have done a great work on the new pages. 

By supporting google ads, you also make sure that google now has an interest in showing .tel domains.

This makes .tel even more attractive and easier to sell.

tel4rent02-17-2010 09:43 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if the new improved telhosting has a feature to accomodate RSS feed. I would really love to see it included in the new release.

Be well.

nadya02-18-2010 05:52 PM

The developer forum contains details on the API changes that the new proxy will accomodate, http://dev.telnic.org/trac/discussion/16/220 . The main API references will be updated accordingly.

dottel.net02-18-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 5570)
    The developer forum contains details on the API changes that the new proxy will accomodate,http://dev.telnic.org/trac/discussion/16/220 . The main API references will be updated accordingly.

[size]
    thanks nadya - a few questions (or should they be posted to dev forum?)

1. Is there any way to select a background image instead of a color? Notice it specifically is expecting a number hence doesn't accomodate a url to an image
    2. In the newsletter, it mentions profile information will be split out from keywords. How is this distinction made? And how do we set profile data vs keywords as they use the same record types
    3. No mention of an api call to update/apply adsense settings. Will this be supported via the api?

thank you.[/size]

nadya02-18-2010 06:25 PM

Hi,

1. Background images - they are not going to be supported in this release, only colours. 
    2. The proxy will display certain keyword categories in different blocks, no action needs to be taken.
    3. AdSense settings will be released separately, not in the TelProxy redesign update, and the format will be announced separately.

dottel.net02-18-2010 06:31 PM

thanks. has it been decided how the proxy will determine the keyword categories?
    reason for asking is we don't use any of the standard categories and use our own custom categories. How will these be treated? Ideally I'd want my custom categories all shown in different blocks to my seo keyword category (if I know how to flag that).

TELnew02-18-2010 06:44 PM

Hello Nadya,

Ref TelProxy Redesign Updates (#220), can you please conform whether a feature for inserting "Adverts" (the existing Adverts system) will be included in the TelProxy Redesign?

Thanks.

nadya02-19-2010 12:08 PM

TELnew, if you are asking about the ability to include text adverts to .tel pages via the control panel - you're not talking about the proxy redesign. In any case, this functionality is not planned to be added to the control panel in the nearest releases, although later this spring you will be able to include Google AdSense credentials via the control panel - this is another mechanism to monetize your domain.

Triton NW02-24-2010 05:36 PM

As I sit here and read posts, I cant help but get a bit of a surreal feeling. Did we actually get in early on something that will be huge?......

It seems like the momentum is gaining and the word is finally getting out there. We are on our way to 300K sites, MacWorld just got a look at us, many sites are getting populated and actually being used. I know that my day will get a lot busier when the new telproxy is done and I can promote all of my active sites. 

I expect one day to have that experience where someone in my industry (telecom) says "that is YOUR site?" Holy #%$&, how did you get that?!?!?!

Daydreaming, I know but what if..............

mactel02-24-2010 05:52 PM

Exactly: 
    You have to be proud of your site. And some day, others will also realize, what precious gem you have.
    While others had a "good" sleep, and "just missed the boat", you get rewarded for your foresight, that led to your .tel activities. And finally, all will be fruitful, and you will be able to pick the fruits. 
    If you really know, what you are doing, its not a big risk, you take. 
    You will be able to say: "Yes, that is my site, but I have a few more, within that class." Which will be a understatement, because you have more than just a few. But a nice .tel domain portfolio, and others will envy you, for that. Just as you said...

telrific03-01-2010 12:50 AM

Serious question

I have a serious question on the new TelProxy page.

Looking at the "Search .TEL" box at the top right, I have one question.

There are 2 option buttons: O THIS .TEL O ALL .TEL's

I certainly hope that the choices are optional to the TelPage owner.

That is, if I spend alot of time and money to create a directory and drive visitors and customers to my TelPage, 
    the LAST thing I want on my TelPage is something that would give my visitors a direct link AWAY from me and directly to my competition.

Let them use and search TelPages.com if they want too, but if I drive them to my page, I want them to search my page, 
    not give them directly to TelPages and others.

This is a "deal-breaker" as they say to be sure, I am not in business to market for competitors, sorry.

JLouisBiz03-01-2010 01:32 AM

Telnic has already published that every domain owner will be able to turn off the option to search all domains.

telrific03-01-2010 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 5954)
    Telnic has already published that every domain owner will be able to turn off the option to search all domains.

[size]
    Ah. Thank you very much.

I was looking and looking but couldn't find anything, so I posted.

Thank you, great to hear.

:)[/size]

Triton NW03-01-2010 03:21 AM

Lots of great new features. Let's launch this baby. PLEASE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 6:53 am