The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

New Telproxy Help

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

New Telproxy Help Empty New Telproxy Help

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 11:49 am

Triton NW03-07-2010 01:27 AM

New Telproxy Help

Pardon my ignorance but I could use some help loading a logo. When it says to enter the location of the logo, I am not sure what that means. In other templates I have used, it lets me brouse and I can click on it. I am sure that it is simple but my small brain can not figure it out.

thanks in advance

tel_me03-07-2010 01:44 AM

On the web...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 6309)
    Pardon my ignorance but I could use some help loading a logo. When it says to enter the location of the logo, I am not sure what that means. In other templates I have used, it lets me brouse and I can click on it. I am sure that it is simple but my small brain can not figure it out.

thanks in advance

[size]
    Remember that the .tel domain does not provide hosting, so you must upload your picture to another site, and point to that. You could use a free image hosting site, or a non .tel site that you control. For instance, I registered telink.info for this type of thing, and host my images there.[/size]

Triton NW03-07-2010 02:00 AM

Thank you for the help. I am assuming that this need will spawn a hosting site just for this need.

I appreciate the quick response. Have a great day

Bill03-07-2010 06:05 AM

I can't make Gravatar.com work, and I can't make the colours work either, so I'm stopping work on all my .tels completely until Telnic sort these issues out. I think launching this new display so close to renewal was an extreme risk by Telnic and it is going to increase the drop rate significantly now. In fact it could well prove to be a disaster, and I am very worried about it.

dotteler03-07-2010 07:21 AM

What I found when setting up desklance.tel is that on http://contacts.desklance.tel/
    the gravatar showed up as a choice, since the email used with it is shown on that page.
    The other pages I used the twitter avatar we show on our twitter feed.
    I'm going to try to do a script with gravatar.com and .tel and put on http://gravatar.tel

Aled03-07-2010 03:59 PM

Triton NW, the user guide linked to from your .tel control panel has been updated with instructions for adding images. As mentioned on this thread, the image cannot be a local image on your computer, but needs to be available on the web. Many people use Gravatar.com for such functionality, and if you do have a Gravatar account using the same email address as your .tel your Gravatar images will automatically be available for use.

Bill, as Gravatar is a third party company and not associated with Telnic, we have no control over its usability. You are not, however tied to Gravatar, and can use any image hosted on the web. Alternatively we may be able to assist you getting set up if you contact us at community@telnic.org with you specific problems with both images and colours. Many .tel owners have already successfully updated their colour schemes and images, so I'm sure we can help you in getting set up

Triton NW05-13-2010 10:29 PM

I know I have read it somewhere in the forum but I cant find it. Why is the font so large on a few of my titles. It look very odd.

dottel.net05-13-2010 11:15 PM

can you post some samples? the title is large if it's only a couple of words.

if you have a long title and it needs to span more then one line, the font is adjusted.

see http://advertise.indianrestaurant.tel/ vs http://indianrestaurant.tel/

hope that helps

Triton NW05-14-2010 12:11 AM

That did help. I added some text to make it longer and then it adjusted. I hope that this is an option with the new templates.

Triton NW07-08-2010 05:27 PM

Hell Telnic
    I was hoping that someone could help me with a small issue. I had a site with a few hundred sub folders in it. I changed the format of the site and deleted the folders. They do not show up in the telhosting except when I try and move a contact. I select copy to and the drop down shows up. I click on the all of my .tels box and it populates but the old folders are still there. Not a big deal really but it makes it a little tougher to navigate. 

Thanks in advance

Aled07-08-2010 05:33 PM

Hello Triton,

can you drop me a mail/PM with the name of the .tel so that I can look into this for you. The one thing that does spring to mind is, it is the folders that you have deleted and not just the "go to" links to the folders isn't it?

Thanks,

Aled

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 11:39 am