The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Poken: Good or Bad?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Poken: Good or Bad? Empty Poken: Good or Bad?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:32 pm

Triton NW12-04-2009 04:13 PM

Poken: Good or Bad?

Anyone interested in .tel must check this out. It is pretty goofy but you will see the significance. I just go an e-mail blast from Commission Junction that included a training course on this thing. 

https://www.findapoken.com/how-it-works

First of all, it shows that the concept of .tel is on track but it also shows that their are other ideas out there. Secondly, those ideas are getting promotted as you will see in the above video

RonMunson12-04-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 3040)
    Anyone interested in .tel must check this out. It is pretty goofy but you will see the significance. I just go an e-mail blast from Commission Junction that included a training course on this thing. 

https://www.findapoken.com/how-it-works

First of all, it shows that the concept of .tel is on track but it also shows that their are other ideas out there. Secondly, those ideas are getting promotted as you will see in the above video

[size]

I think it is interesting. It definitely is in the same space but Dot Tel offers more power. In fact Poken in my opinion would do much better if it used Dot Tel as the main central platform to connect data.

For example if my Poken touches your Poken.... That sounds kinda wierd... we'll say if my Poken touches another womans Poken... there should be the transfer of the dot tell domains between each other.

When the user logs into the Poken website system they will see as data the info in your Dot Tel. The image could be defaulted as the Facebook image and updated dot tel info and whatever else they need to see.

How is it better using the dot tel?

First of all if I decide to use a Poken, I'm assuming during signup they try to get you to add an image and the data in their system which is another party I have to constantly update. If a user goes to Hawaii and wants to update my Facebook picture, then the user will probably want to update their Poken also. Duplicating tasks.

What happens if I lose my Poken device? I am assuming I have to buy another one and can not add a person that has one until then.

Telnic should take some of these ideas and have it as part of the Telfriend concept. You log into your Telfriend which is on a hosted platform and you have the option of seeing all of the people you have connected to. Each profile is created using the information within the dot tel. The picture is taken from the Facebook profile that is linked in the dot tel.:eek:[/size]

Shahid12-04-2009 11:25 PM

Sounds good, or even telnic can come up with something like poken which is used only for .tel lets say instead of writing your .tel or noting it down i just get your .tel when i touch your poken

futher more it could be saved in my inner panel of my .tel and i could connect with that person anytime lets say i even lose the poken kinda thing i can order me another one and my data won't me lost because everytime i update my Gadget by touch it with sumone else's it automatically updates my .tel :) 

not sure if that makes sense but can be a good idea

telrific12-05-2009 04:48 AM

Why would I want to carry this little gimmick around when I have a cell phone ?

Shahid12-05-2009 08:37 AM

it was just a thought not a compulsory advice for you to buy it, if you have a cellphone then i would be happy if you could transform that kind of technology onto your phone which can grab all info just by rubbing it against each others phones, i would be the first to buy it from you.

let me know when you plan to launch it

Shahid

telrific12-05-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 3055)
    it was just a thought not a compulsory advice for you to buy it

[size]
    No one suggested you were pushing it, I just wondered why anyone would have 2 devices.

Quote:
    [/size]

, if you have a cellphone then i would be happy if you could transform that kind of technology onto your phone which can grab all info just by rubbing it against each others phones, i would be the first to buy it from you.

let me know when you plan to launch it

Shahid

[size]
    Rub it ? No. I don't need to get H1N1 from anyone Poking me (Very Unsanitary)

Quickly share it in a Snap ? Yes.

Anyone can share .tel information the same way using tel-Code

Then I can use my cell phone to capture AND read it and I don't need a computer or a gimmick !

:)[/size]

Shahid12-05-2009 01:53 PM

Sounded like you were saying why i was trying to promote it, i just suggested since .tel is online this could be an offline thing while still being connected.

as for the rub it fact it was just a slang rub it/ share it / snap it i guess all means same incase i said something that did not make sense i am sorry but what ever i saw int he video seemed more like both were rubbed against each other.

anyways good luck with your telcode hope it makes u rich if you really believe in it, i never understood it neither plan too

i did not comment on here to be ugly or think i know a lot but just took part in a discussion, so would be happy if we carry on with the topic rather then re-replying each other over our comments

Shahid

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 3061)
    No one suggested you were pushing it, I just wondered why any one would have 2 devices.

Rub it ? No. I don't need to get H1N1 from anyone Poking me (Very Unsanitary)

Quickly share it in a Snap ? Yes.

Anyone can share .tel information the same way using tel-Code

Then I can use my cell phone to capture AND read it and I don't need a computer !

telrific12-05-2009 02:06 PM

You're confusing.

Question: Poken, Good Or Bad ?

Question: 

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 3053)
    Why would I want to carry this little gimmick around when I have a cell phone ?

[size]
    That is discussion.[/size]

telrific12-05-2009 02:16 PM

As for tel-Code, It is not about my beliefs, It's about better technology .... Maybe this will help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vS3R2u7sXA

We are only putting together a set of standards/features for .tel users with standard url's for SEO lift.

Shahid12-05-2009 02:32 PM

never heard of that before just saw it and even tested it with my nokia mobile works perfect, not sure why blackberry bold does not have the bar code reading, thanks for making me aware of something new and unique

telrific12-05-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 3068)
    never heard of that before just saw it and even tested it with my nokia mobile works perfect, not sure why blackberry bold does not have the bar code reading, thanks for making me aware of something new and unique

[size]
    Yeah, it's really neat technology and has uses far beyond tel-Code obviously.

Poken just seems silly once you know the world of QR Codes and tel-Code, etc.

Talk Soon, Have a great day !

telrific12-05-2009 03:20 PM

Code Reader Website

Hey Shahid,

Here is a leader that has a reader download page used directly from your phone:

http://get.beetagg.com/Default.aspx?lan=en&unknown=1

Shahid12-05-2009 03:31 PM

well not sure if poken is good or bad but the QR codes really look interesting might looking into getting sum related domains and trying to set them up.

Thank again

telrific12-05-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 3071)
    well not sure if poken is good or bad but the QR codes really look interesting might looking into getting sum related domains and trying to set them up.

Thank again

[size]
    No problem, best wishes !

spline01-07-2010 06:48 PM

QR codes are cool but aren't they walking over the water.

Why not simply make a textreader, that reads text with a certain combination of character before them, like www or some other combo like

#!¤hello.tel

That way if you took a photo of a www.hello.tel you would end up on the .tel page. +You would be able to remember the "code"

You cannot remember a QR code.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:14 am