The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Templates and Search are coming soon

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Templates and Search are coming soon Empty Templates and Search are coming soon

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:54 pm

nadya05-20-2010 09:08 PM

Templates and Search are coming soon

Next week, Telnic is planning to upgrade existing TelHosting Software and TelProxy that renders .tel pages on the web to include new optional functions: 

• An embedded search option
    • A link to manage your .tel in the control panel
    • A link to telnic.org from the .tel logo

[size]

Additionally, .tel will support a choice of 5 different visual templates, as follows:
    [/size]

• Current template
    • Retro style template similar to the 2009 proxy
    • News stream template similar to the standard one but with fixed width, like a card or a news stream
    • White headings template where white font will be used in the title and text header for greater contrast
    • News stream template with white headings where the white font will be combined with a fixed-width page

[size]

When the update goes live, you will be able to customize your .tel page further, choose a template from the initial set, save it and add more colours to it, and update the settings if necessary to change the links and other options. As usually, if your .tel doesn’t render correctly after the upgrade, refresh the page to clear any cached graphics or elements. 

If you are a developer, please visit the developer forum for details on the technical implementation & updates to the system interfaces. 

The exact date of the upgrade will be announced later on in this thread.[/size]

telrific05-20-2010 11:04 PM

Great to hear Nadya, Thank you very much for posting the update.

maximum05-21-2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 9009)
    [*]A link to telnic.org from the .tel logo
    [*]

[*]
    Well, that expected. What semantic load bears a logo, and now with the link?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 9009)
    [*]Current template
    [*]

[*]
    Do not you think that, before announcing the new templates should finish the current?

For what I pay 10 bucks a year for a piece of raw code? We must take the quality, not mass.

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Templates and Search are coming soon Empty Re: Templates and Search are coming soon

Triton NW05-26-2010 08:00 PM

Blogger
    I agree with your thoughts. If the limitations of the DNS make this a challenge then I understand. If its not a challenge then I am also dissapointed in the design options. I am not sure what I was expecting but it was not this.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-26-2010 08:18 PM

My suggestion to Telnic:

either 

A) create a few more template styles, eg ...
    1. narrow with white fonts in title and header, black font in body
    2. narrow with black fonts in title and header, white font in body
    3. retro with all new icons

B) have options per title, header, body to set font colour

C) allow preloaded CSS to control the fonts

D) all of the above?

Mark

Shahid05-26-2010 08:59 PM

it seems the same to me noting different i wasn't expecting anything big i like the current we have now the no1 i think i m to use that. maybe number 3 looks good haven't played with it much but anyway good work

Blogger05-27-2010 01:16 PM

Look at the goMobi video. This is what .tel has to compete with.

emerald05-27-2010 01:43 PM

Hi Dialaroom

So you like Green eh!

Lovely Colour Green is, always been one of my favourites.

What sort of shade are you looking for?

If it's 'Drab Turquoise' I think I could get you a deal!

Shahid05-27-2010 04:10 PM

let me know how www.AIDS.tel look

Shahid

emerald05-27-2010 04:28 PM

Hi Shahid

Drab Turquoise Links, now that's what I call a coincidence!

Apart from that it looks nice!

Triton NW05-28-2010 08:44 PM

This may have been asked earlier but I cant find it. I moved a lot of my sites to style 3. Did we loose the ability to have transparent backgrounds on our logos?

Thanks

Aled05-29-2010 08:11 AM

Triton, this is an issue that we're looking at and will be resolved in the next few days. At that point all of the styles will accommadate transparent backgrounds.

Thanks,

Aled

telrific05-29-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blogger (Post 9113)
    Sorry, but not impressed with these designs. They fall short of good design by any reasonable definition. Perhaps this is due to the DNS's limitations but they are not something to enjoy looking at IMO.

[size]
    It goes without saying that they're not knocking anyone's socks off with these 1st grade templates, however, if you look at twitter, not much difference really.

The background images on twitter are different of course, but those actually tend to be far too busy to be professional. At least with the current designs we have an exponential number of color combinations. Variety with consistency is tricky though.

The best of all worlds imho is the original card design, new background color option, and the new icons instead of the old.

Imagine for example Nadya.tel with new icons (that is truly all that was ever needed) !

Now that the infamous "3/5" is there, and the popular option, adding rounded corners would make it a winner.

Imagine for example Aled.tel with rounded corners, (that is truly all that was ever needed for a second option) !

:o[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-30-2010 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 9141)

The best of all worlds imho is the original card design, new background color option, and the new icons instead of the old.

Imagine for example Nadya.tel with new icons (that is truly all that was ever needed) !

Now that the infamous "3/5" is there, and the popular option, adding rounded corners would make it a winner.

Imagine for example Aled.tel with rounded corners, (that is truly all that was ever needed for a second option) !

[size]
    Totally agree. Retro template but with newest icons is the next template I'd like to see (along with the others I suggested above). It is simple and to the point like an old-fashioned rolodex contact card.
    Mark[/size]

telrific05-30-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 9142)
    ... It is simple and to the point like an old-fashioned rolodex contact card.
    Mark

[size]
    It got people excited when it went from the orginal purple page to the card style.

When the new triple color design came out some people got scared, some even angry.

Retro returned, but simply providing the card style as we've just discussed with the new icons would do wonders for the effort.

"Business Card On The Web" had/has meaning. Everything else is a Twitter or something else wanna be page, looks good, but definitely not "Business Card On The Web" good.

Card, Logo, Background Color Options, and New Icons = .TEL Popularity back on track. Add a Drop Shadow option to the whole card and wow, 3D...

(As "the" Default)

:cool:[/size]

Gav05-31-2010 11:02 AM

I also think that the original template was and still is the best one, especially now with the extra icons, serach bar and colour scheme.

What we all have to remember is that this extension was designed to be a online business contact card, and that waht it does.

We really should not expect anymore or any less.

Just my opinion

Regards

Gav

Aled06-02-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 9136)
    This may have been asked earlier but I cant find it. I moved a lot of my sites to style 3. Did we loose the ability to have transparent backgrounds on our logos?

Thanks

[size]
    Hello Triton, this issue has now been resolved. You should see the transparency working on all templates now.

Thanks,

Aled[/size]

telrific06-06-2010 10:17 AM

The Template Struggle Solved ???

I think I figured out why the template and design issues keep emerging, and I think I have a solution ...

We have had a constant struggle since last year with the .tel page style.

In the beginning, a "card-like" "page-like" light purple page, i.e. vip series.

Then the background was changed to dark gray, giving it a more "card-like" concept.

Then the "new" style came out and once again it was more "page-like" (with color options)

Then the latest options (with color options):

Option 1 - "page-like" new standard (black text)
    Option 2 - "card-like" retro standard 
    Option 3 - "card-like" new standard (black text)
    Option 4 - "page-like" new standard (white text)
    Option 5 - "card-like" new standard (white text )

So now we have "lots of choices" and yet basically, they're "still all the same"

Hmmm

It is obviously important to have variety, but not at the expense of community, so
    how can we be all the same, yet different ? What about the "page-style" "card-style" struggle ?

Well after thinking about it I would like to offer a solution (?) that Telnic has already done:

The "page-like" "card-like" solution that is being used with TelPages.com design,
    modified to include (some) of the new options.

May I present a pieced-together version of the new "Henri.tel"

Henri.tel

This design gives the "page-like" "card-like" "color-options" "with style" ... ???

If we include the retro style, but change it to the new icons, we have a solution as follows:

Option 1 - Retro Style with New Icons
    Option 2 - New TelPages Style (like Henri New above) with Black Text
    Option 3 - New TelPages Style (like Henri New above) with White Text

This consolidates the confusing options, adds style, and still gives plenty of choices.

What do you think ?

AJV USA06-06-2010 08:49 PM

Wow, absolutely love the idea, it's a brilliant suggestion.

As you said, takes the best of all and solves several problems !

telrific06-07-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJV USA (Post 9257)
    Wow, absolutely love the idea, it's a brilliant suggestion.

As you said, takes the best of all and solves several problems !

[size]
    Thank you for the kind words.

If you have tabs on your browser setup the following as tabs:

|telpages.com| |the"new"henri.tel| |henri.tel| |kash.tel| |aled.tel| |nadya.tel|

You can see that by going from telpages.com to each of them that the new one is most compatible aesthetically ... seems to make great sense !

:)[/size]

AJV USA06-07-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 9258)
    Thank you for the kind words.

If you have tabs on your browser setup the following as tabs:

|telpages.com| |the"new"henri.tel| |henri.tel| |kash.tel| |aled.tel| |nadya.tel|

You can see that by going from telpages.com to each of them that the new one is most compatible aesthetically ... seems to make great sense !

[size]

I just put this in tabs:

1.TelPages.com / 2.Results Page / 3.Henri.tel (new)

Clicking from 1 to 2 to 3 it's easy to see how this is a "no brainer" choice !

:eek:[/size]

telrific06-08-2010 05:09 PM

Yes, after reading the newsletter and thinking about everything again, it definitely would help to have the new style options as laid out with the new Henri.tel ...

telpages / (new) Henri.tel

Much better concept all the way around .... plenty of choices with a much better style ...

Triton NW06-08-2010 06:24 PM

I dont know if they can do it but the (new)Henri.tel is beautiful. That is the professional look that will give us credibility. In my opinion, if we are breaking ground with a new technology, it needs to look slick.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Templates and Search are coming soon Empty Re: Templates and Search are coming soon

telrific06-09-2010 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 9322)
    I dont know if they can do it but the (new)Henri.tel is beautiful. That is the professional look that will give us credibility. In my opinion, if we are breaking ground with a new technology, it needs to look slick.

[size]
    Everyone I have talked to agrees. No one I polled thought that any of the current templates even came close to the (new) Henri.tel for professionalism in design and compatibility with TelPages Search Engine. It was unanimous. I sincerely hope it can be done too ! Even those who liked the retro gave it up for the (new) Henri.tel style !

:o[/size]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-13, 6:07 pm