The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Dropped domains daily list

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Dropped domains daily list Empty Dropped domains daily list

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:55 pm

OnSpec05-03-2010 11:10 AM

Dropped domains daily list

Hey,

Just launched another tool in Mark's Tools toolbox.

Check out the list of daily .tel domain drops (beta). It's tool number 6 and it's free for TelMasters members. If it's on the list you can register it.

Check it out at www.telmasters.com

Cheers,

Redirects.tel05-04-2010 05:17 AM

That's a great tool. Thanks. Is that 9 pages of just today's drops? 1500 .tels or so. Oh oh

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-04-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redirects.tel (Post 8677)
    That's a great tool. Thanks. Is that 9 pages of just today's drops? 1500 .tels or so. Oh oh

[size]
    The daily drops are processed nightly against a list of unrenewed domains. When they actually drop, we publish them. The list will increase daily as new drops are appended. Adding a browse feature for convenience.

Mark[/size]

maximka05-04-2010 03:41 PM

Mark, the new drops shown in the drop's list at Telmasters are mixed between the old drops, or they are in the end/beginning of the list?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-04-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 8696)
    Mark, the new drops shown in the drop's list at Telmasters are mixed between the old drops, or they are in the end/beginning of the list?

[size]
    They are sorted alphabetically, I suppose you'd like to have it similar to daily regs, by day. Will see how soon that can be done.

Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-05-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 8696)
    Mark the new drops shown in the drop's list at Telmasters are mixed between the old drops, or they are in the end/beginning of the list?

[size]
    Dropped domains tool has been updated. There is a sort option and first letter browser. No dates are provided, but the domains listed first are the most recently dropped. The list is updated nightly and as time permits, we will start editing the content to remove obvious junk. Domains that have been bought are not updated until the next day.

Mark
    www.telmasters.com[/size]

telme05-10-2010 10:39 AM

At what time do .tels drop?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-11-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telme (Post 8834)
    At what time do .tels drop?

[size]
    I run an application during the day, two-stage process so usually the names of the dropped tel domains are available in the late evening EST or by next day.
    Mark[/size]

telme05-11-2010 07:38 AM

Isn't there an exact time the drop starts? Like .com starts at 2PM EST.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-11-2010 11:19 PM

The vast majority of unrenewed tel domains have not yet dropped. What dropped so far seems to be those that the registrars have special permission to drop. If you are waiting on a domain from March 2009 to drop, don't expect to see that happening until end of May through mid-June.
    Mark

Undermoose05-12-2010 02:32 AM

Hmm, I thought I read recently on a Telegraph newsletter Telnic was reporting increased registrations, but now I'm wondering what the real drop rate is going to be. Mass exodus or minor ripple.

dob05-12-2010 07:45 AM

Statistic: www.registrarstats.com/Public/TLDDomainCounts.aspx

Gav05-18-2010 04:31 PM

Hmmmmmmmm

That does not look good, not what I was hoping to see.

I still like .tel and always will despite what others may think or say.

In regards of .tel becomming massive, im not so sure anymore and everything has really quietened down. not just in this forum but everywhere.

I have given up trying to convince friends, and clients to go with a .tel because they just don't get it and not sure they want to.

I will keep my .tel domains and hopefully one day they will be worth a goldmine.

However trying to get people to advertise on them for me is just a losing battle and also eats into my money on marketing ect.

Who knows one day as believers may all be rewarded

Regards

Gav

Shahid05-18-2010 04:41 PM

Hello,

i would be happy if one looks at .tel more of a usage then just an element of investment.
    i am using my .tel in daily life and to be frank it coming up good on both aspects of easily
    remembered as well as SEO.

i feel one should try to use .tel as much as they can to learn new tricks with it rather then 
    just follow the old trend of creating plenty of subdomains without knowing what to do with
    them.

anyways good luck to everyone including my self but even if .tel comes in less demand i 
    will always keep some of mine for SEO and easy to reach contact Card

Shahid

Triton NW05-18-2010 05:52 PM

Gav,
    I think many share your feelings. Pretty deflating.

Best of luck to all

telrific05-18-2010 08:43 PM

Looks like a great chart !

http://www.registrarstats.com/Public...px?TLDName=TEL

"House Cleaning" and "Correction" would be the terms if it were any good stock IPO !

The first year is a great one on that basis.

Here's Google's:

http://static.businessinsider.com/~~...ecc305027957bb

The ball is in Telnic's court now !

Undermoose05-26-2010 09:45 AM

I'd agree. The ball is in Telnic's court and there are challenges.

The one glaring thing about .Tel today, they haven't hit a home run in the mobile phone market.

Sure there are best efforts, nice changes, service additions, but we're a long way from the average person picking up their cell phone and dialing a .Tel.

My present perspective, if Telnic does everything right, 20 years to market saturation. Perhaps 5 years for a significant deployment if they catch a few breaks.

Triton NW05-26-2010 04:31 PM

Its funny really. I was sitting here this morning and coming to the same conclusion. I dont fault Telnic. They have brought a great technology to the table. The problem for me was that I got caught up in all of the hype on this board and in my own brain. I bought into the "phonebook of the internet" and that simply is not going to happen any time soon.

dialaroom05-26-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 9100)
    Its funny really. I was sitting here this morning and coming to the same conclusion. I dont fault Telnic. They have brought a great technology to the table. The problem for me was that I got caught up in all of the hype on this board and in my own brain. I bought into the "phonebook of the internet" and that simply is not going to happen any time soon.

[size]
    The best new products, new technology, new wines take time to develop. .tel is the best new tld out there, getting caught up in it is part of what will eventually make it a must have for everone. 

5 years from now, .tel will be as familiar as iPone, and Google and .com are now, and those in it from the start will be the ones who benefit most. Telnic have more to lose than all of us put together, as long as they continue promote and develop, I for one will do the same. 

The Claret I bought 5 years ago, tastes so much better now, and sells for a lot more.[/size]

Undermoose05-26-2010 05:19 PM

I never held any other perspective. Look at how long .com took to emerge into a "household appliance". 

I do have to say I expected the irrelavace of the domain extension to happen sooner, and still think this will happen. It's largely why I became involved with .Tel, it's a technology solution, not just another domain.

It is possible at various stages in .Tel growth to profit from these domains, but the right Telnic moves are cornerstone to this possibility.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Dropped domains daily list Empty Re: Dropped domains daily list

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:55 pm

dutchstreetdog06-21-2010 01:50 AM

vitamins

I think that we need one man or woman whit a Einstein idear for using dottel and THE whole world Will fight for these domains mabey telnic must putt upp a reward for THE person thats makes itt happen unfortinely i Will not bey THE one as you probely can imagine butt i wil help praying whit my 100 teldomains hoping i one day Will bey à dottel tycoon
    what i dont undestand is when i read THE treads here THE most are so cleaver butt till now nobody whas capeble to come upp whit somthing realy special 
    i can give one tip and thats is keep eating inove vitamins for THE brain brothers and sisters and hopfuly and mabey one day one of you wil see THE light and make our dream happening 
    greetings dutchstreetdog

Bunjie06-21-2010 02:40 AM

I'm not Einstein, but this is the way I see it I been involved in a Virtual World for 3-4 years and while that might sound ridiculous to some you, please try to imagine it as a place of "experience", I have learned quite a bit that I would not have been able to else where.

But I'm not some University Graduate e.t.c, I don't carry official documents but if you want to listen these are my thoughts, 

.tel is a dynamic business or personal contact card or directory.
    .tel facilitates communication across many business or individuals. 
    .tel can store bare bones essential data in txt form, which is retrievable cheaply and efficiently.
    .tel is could be the one and only place you need online and offline. 

If you understand how "Cloud computing" works you might be able to see how .tel could be your central space from which all other services interact for various purposes.

Your data given to what service you need and revoked at the push of a button.

When .tel enables OAuth & OpenID Support for these protocols in .tel which is listed on the Road map, this will enable you to log in to any compatible website with your .tel

But what else does this mean? it means you have a choice to keep .tel a closed loop business/personal card e.t.c or open it's usability to a wide range of services that can use the bare bones information.

I believe a big part of communications are Avatars now DAZ3D recently merged with Gizmoz an Israeli company that have developed the technology to provide high quality 3D avatars from photos called Digimi. The press release can be found here 1 and here 2

I don't in anyway represent or speak for DAZ3D.com but I am still currently working on their in world Islands and opensim.

But what has this got to do with Telnic? I believe it might be possible to develop an Iphone app that will enable you to photo yourself from a mobile phone, and have that converted into a 3D avatar of you.

And store it in the .tel under _av, in part txt form and part links to your files/textures skin, clothes e.t.c and so when you go to any compatible virtual world perhaps to do business, you log in with your OAuth & OpenID .tel and have access to a 3D version of you, with your in world profile populated with data from your .tel.

This could also enable real world stores to have interactive media screens that you could wave your phone over or send your .tel to and will show a 3D version of you, that you could try on clothes or have clothes recommended.

Perhaps you pregnant and another service has listed that in your .tel under a secure _sub domain so the screens know in 3 weeks, your new clothes wont fit and automatically recommend getting the next size up. And morph the 3D avatar to show you what you will look like in 3 weeks.

Why try clothes on when you can see it before you see if they really do fit? or suit you?

Or when you visit a website to buy clothes, you log in with your OAuth & OpenID .tel browse though the clothes on a 3D you before you click buy and have to return that item if you don't like it later, and you then grant access to your home address to that service so you never have to type anything more than your .tel name and password.

Perhaps you signed up at a GYM, and the website animates your avatar to show you on screens working out, beat yourself at lifting weights? like wii fit but in a real gym, and stores your work out data and progress under your secure .tel sub domain.

Perhaps you go on holiday and get seriously ill, you Doctor gives you a media Ipad thing and you log in and it shows your medical history and any other stats stored from services to work out what could be wrong with you. 

This could also enable the public at large when requesting to buy 3D movies, to enter their .tel and have the avatar pulled out and placed into the movie as the lead role, because most new movies are digitally made, if the cost is low enough to replace an avatar with an avatar of the customer and print the DVD why not do it?. 

Who wants to see themselves as John Wayne? or Neo from the Matrix? would you buy a dual mode DVD with the standard Movie, and a replacement version with you as the lead role? 

I think it would be a great thing for collage guys to see their male room mates playing the lead role in a woman love movie in the woman's place, would be a great laugh.

The movie industry has major issues with movie piracy, but offering something extra like that could encourage people to buy a legitimate copy.

I have other ideas but I won't post them all today.

http://images.furry.se/promo/Telnic-Theme-logo-sm.png

Bigger image : 1600 x1200

http://images.furry.se/promo/Telnic-Theme-logo.png

So in collusion don't drop out just yet, it might be the biggest mistake you make.

spline06-21-2010 10:39 AM

.Tel is growing, every day some people and small companies are discovering .tel telling their friends about it, advertising their .tel domain.

The .tel domain gets better and better.

Just one or two small things can make the .tel really take off in a country.

Such as a big TV show using it for voting.

Or some bank using it for calling service and advertising it, instead of having to listen to : 
    Press 1 to go back to menu etc...Then another bank will copy it, then other companies will want theirs etc...

Now with IDNs, login straight from the domain, search on the domain etc its much more useful.

I think we expected the unrealistic.

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 11:23 pm