The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel for Blackberry 1.3 released

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel for Blackberry 1.3 released Empty .tel for Blackberry 1.3 released

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:56 pm

nadya06-02-2009 08:02 PM

.tel for Blackberry 1.3 released

Hi,

The dev website holds an update for .tel BlackBerry application. This version fixes some important bugs. Your auto-updater will kick in later in the week to get this version, unless you disable automatic update check.

The latest version is always available at http://bb.apps.telnic.tel

You are welcome to share your experience here.

huw06-02-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 9)
    Hi,

The dev website holds an update for .tel BlackBerry application. This version fixes some important bugs. Your auto-updater will kick in later in the week to get this version, unless you disable automatic update check.

The latest version is always available at http://bb.apps.telnic.tel

You are welcome to share your experience here.

[size]
    Specifically v1.3 provides UTF-8 support such that text headers and keywords are correctly displayed.

N.B.
    This is also contingent on the BlackBerry device having the appropriate language packs installed[/size]

Triton NW06-10-2009 03:23 PM

Blackberry maps

Hello 
    I am hoping that you can help me with my Blackberry issue. When I click on the location it says "could not find map application"

Thanks in advance

Joe

huw06-10-2009 06:50 PM

Hi Joe,

Can you just confirm that you are using the BlackBerry .tel application (rather than the browser within the device).

Also can you let me know what device model your BlackBerry is.

Huw

Triton NW06-10-2009 07:50 PM

Blackberry

Hello
    Thank you for the quick reply. The application is the Access.tel that i downloaded from Telnic. My Blackberry is a 8310 version 4.2.2.170

Thanks 

Joe

Shahid06-11-2009 10:43 PM

Hello it feels good to be here, finally i guess i will have some of my questions answered.

i downloaded (Download for BB 42) for my Black Berry Bold but its not working on it even when i try to login says connection error.

what should i do about it, should i change the connection from Direct to BES ?

please help

Howard06-12-2009 02:00 PM

Hello Shahid - this issue is usually associated with the Blackberry APN settings. These are found in Options>Advanced Options>TCP on your phone.

The APN settings that need to be used can be found in this list here - http://pinstack.com/carrier_settings_apn_gateway.html

Let me know if that doesn't do the trick.

Howard

Shahid06-14-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 75)
    Hello Shahid - this issue is usually associated with the Blackberry APN settings. These are found in Options>Advanced Options>TCP on your phone.

The APN settings that need to be used can be found in this list here - http://pinstack.com/carrier_settings_apn_gateway.html

Let me know if that doesn't do the trick.

Howard

[size]
    Thanks for your help Howard, i did try to check the apn settings for the country i am in ,UAE or United Arab Emirates and the Carrier i use is Etisalat but they dont have any user name or password only gave me an apn that is blackberry.net

i would be happy if you can try to assist me with this as i would love to use this on blackberry[/size]

Howard06-14-2009 07:03 PM

HI Shahid, have you tried entering a blank username and password and the apn they suggest? That may be enought to get you working.

Howard06-15-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 24)
    Hello 
    I am hoping that you can help me with my Blackberry issue. When I click on the location it says "could not find map application"

Thanks in advance

Joe

[size]
    HI Joe - I just wanted to check if the Blackberry Maps application is installed on your Blackberry, and if so, that it works ok when you launch it?

Thanks,
    Howard[/size]

3ds06-15-2009 10:44 AM

congratulate!

Triton NW06-15-2009 03:18 PM

Hello Howard
    I can launch Google Maps. Is BB maps a seperate module?

Thank you for the help.

Howard06-15-2009 03:37 PM

Yes, it's a separate application. It usually comes pre-installed with a Blackberry, and is in the Applications folder, just called "Maps". It's this application that the error message is referring to.

Shahid06-19-2009 02:21 PM

Howard i did try to use the black user name and password for the APN but it still didnt work and shows connection error,

i can use all kind of applications that uses the blackberry net 

IM+ , google maps and many more but this isnt working

Howard06-19-2009 05:41 PM

Shahid,

I've found another site which has another two options for your carrier in the UAE - 
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...ab_Emirates.29

Can you try these two please to see if they work?

Shahid06-21-2009 02:04 PM

Thanks Howard, 

this is the one that worked for me 

Etisalat (United Arab Emirates)

APN: etisalat.ae
    Username:
    Password:

its working fine now hope its part of blackberry and doesnt cost extra as i have unlimited package of blackberry services

Howard06-22-2009 01:40 PM

That's good news Shahid. It's a free service, so there's no additional cost.

Shahid06-23-2009 01:16 PM

Thanks Howard, i have used it, and its very simple to copy phone number or email to your blackberry i hope it become a bit more interactive like the super book on iphone as there are people who prefer blackberry then iphone ( like my self ) 

Shahid

nadya07-10-2009 02:34 PM

This .tel for Blackberry application is now available from BlackBerry App World.

RonMunson07-15-2009 07:42 AM

How does this application differ from Hornet.TEL. Which application is better in the opinion of forum users? I'm going to install one and want to get the one that best suites me.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel for Blackberry 1.3 released Empty Re: .tel for Blackberry 1.3 released

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:56 pm

nadya07-15-2009 08:16 AM

Hornet re-uses code from Telnic's app, so I expect in its Alpha version it doesn't differ much in the feature set. I've heard that in the coming versions Hornet is going to offer more features.

markske07-13-2010 12:55 PM

I have downloaded the Tel for Blackberry Application, it keeps timing out when trying to look up a dot tel, I've not been able to look at any dot tels yet as it keeps timing out, I have gone into the advanced settings to try to increase the time out option on the Blackberry but when I increase the time out option to say 45 seconds and click save the timeout delay just reverts back to the default time out of 16 seconds I'm using a Blackberry 8900, and Access.tel version 1.6.1 anyone any ideas Thanks in advance Mark

Aled07-13-2010 01:40 PM

Hi Mark,

In the "Settings" of the Blackberry, are the APN Settings Enabled? If not, can you enable and retry to see if that works please?

Thanks,

Aled

markske07-13-2010 02:15 PM

Hi Aled

Yep just checked that and they are enabled I followed a link from one of your earlier posts with Shahid re APN settings,

I've now been able to increase the timeout to 20 seconds this seems to be the maximum that I can increase it to, it will not go any higher than this, which unfortunately still means that dot tel lookups are still timing out, maybe it needs to be increased at your side

I'll just keep trying different ideas and see what works, will keep you posted

Thanks

Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 6:54 am