The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Ad sense for mobile

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Ad sense for mobile Empty Ad sense for mobile

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:40 pm

tel4rent08-19-2011 05:55 PM

Ad sense for mobile

Hi All,

I have been waiting to see if the adsense will appear on the mobile but so far i have seen any. All my adsense have been there for quite sometime but no sign of adsense on my BB. Does it conflict with banners or sponsored links? Can anyone point me to a site that is working so i can try it on my mobile?

Thanks!

mikeseaton08-19-2011 06:18 PM

I have AdSense for Mobile (2 x 320x50 banner ads) appearing OK on my Android HTC Wildfire on http://mikeseaton.teldial.com but NOT onhttp://mikeseaton.tel - which has a very basic looking mobile display.

It looks therefore that Telnic are not detecting my HTC Wildfire as a smartphone, but just a basic mobile, and are therefore not serving up Google AdSense ads on http://mikeseaton.tel 

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-19-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 16887)
    Hi All,

I have been waiting to see if the adsense will appear on the mobile but so far i have seen any. All my adsense have been there for quite sometime but no sign of adsense on my BB. Does it conflict with banners or sponsored links? Can anyone point me to a site that is working so i can try it on my mobile?

Thanks!

[size]
    In this mobile release Telnic fixed the B/B Torch issue where ads were not appearing. Try here ... www.tans.tel

Mark[/size]

Justin Hayward08-20-2011 08:00 AM

If you see any inconsistencies plea do send a screenshot if possible to community@telnic.org so we can check. Thanks.

tel4rent08-20-2011 10:35 AM

Hi Mark,

All is well now but the ads are still not appearing on BB curve and Torch...Any idea how to take a screenshot of the BB so i can send it to Telnic...

Hi Justin,

I have tried with few of my domain name but still no Ads. Could you confirm if it is working on BB?

Thanks

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-20-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 16906)
    Hi Mark,

Any idea how to take a screenshot of the BB so i can send it to Telnic...

Thanks

[size]
    I downloaded a free screen capture app for my BB and has an email image button. Called Screen Grabber. www.jaredcompany.com

Mark[/size]

tel4rent08-20-2011 12:36 PM

Many thanks Mark. Always ready to help

tel4rent08-20-2011 01:36 PM

Hi Justin,

I made a screen shot of my BB and send it to community@telnic.org. Hope you can help.

Thanks

tony mayo08-20-2011 04:24 PM

My iPhone also not yet showing Adsense for my .tel domains. 
    Seems to be taking a very long time for Adsense to appear.
    Maybe I need to be more patient.

mikeseaton08-20-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 16918)
    My iPhone also not yet showing Adsense for my .tel domains. 
    Seems to be taking a very long time for Adsense to appear.
    Maybe I need to be more patient.

[size]
    My experience of placing AdSense Mobile ads on http://mikeseaton.teldial.com (my TelDial mobile site) is that the ads started appearing virtually immediately, but with http://mikeseaton.tel (Telnic's mobile proxy) they don't come up at all. The mobile phone used is HTC Wildfire (Android).

My suspicion as to the cause was given here, but with others reporting problems with different phones it may be that the problem is more deep-rooted?

Telnic will no doubt be investigating next week.

Mike Seaton[/size]

tony mayo08-20-2011 06:46 PM

Thanks Mike.

I thought it might be some kind of bottleneck effect, but it does seem to be more serious.

Aled08-22-2011 10:38 AM

Thanks for the screenshot, tel4rent. I can see on there that there is a gap on the proxy page where we are calling to Google for the mobile ad, but it is not being served back to us. Tony, can you send the examples that you have of any .tel pages with the same issue please?

Mike - with regards to the HTC Wildfire, the problem is the screen resolution of the handset. It only has a resolution width of 240px, which is not enough for the smartphone proxy and as such defaults to the standard mobile proxy. I can confirm, however, that the smartphone proxy is displaying a Google ad on the smartphone proxy.

dottel.net08-22-2011 11:13 AM

also seeing similar issue on a nokia n97. its showing the google ads box but no content inside.

have checked a number of tel sites and none show the mobile ads.

Aled08-22-2011 11:21 AM

dottel.net - can you provide any examples? I have just checked oxfordstreet.tel on an iphone and an ad is showing on there. Is this ad showing on your Nokia? If not, can you confirm if you are seeing the smartphone proxy view i.e. is the logo appearing?

The issue Tel4rent is describing is not smartphone specific as far as we are aware, it's just that the ad is not being sent by Google to be displayed.

dottel.net08-22-2011 11:43 AM

on a Nokia N97 logo shows fine as does my mobile image ad but no google mobile ad (just the outline of the box is shown)

Blunderer08-22-2011 12:07 PM

Aled,
    Please put up a screen shot of what we should be seeing. All my mobile displays now show in purple/pink, not grey/blue as before but, there are no Google ads - image or text, showing on my HTC Desire nor my son's iPhone4.

Aled08-22-2011 12:07 PM

could it be an adblocker that is stopping it? Do non-Adsense ads show on there? e.g. jh.tel - does the click to call custom ad show?

Blunderer08-22-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 16946)
    could it be an adblocker that is stopping it? Do non-Adsense ads show on there? e.g. jh.tel - does the click to call custom ad show?

[size]
    The ad shows on my HTC Desire (although "web page unavailable" comes up when I click it), as do other image ads on other sites but, no Google ads.[/size]

tony mayo08-22-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 16937)
    Tony, can you send the examples that you have of any .tel pages with the same issue please?.

[size]
    Aled I have emailed you at community@telnic.org[/size]

Aled08-22-2011 01:54 PM

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img839/9...ileadsense.png
    Blunderer - here's an example of an Adsesnse ad on Oxfordstreet.tel. If you look at Oxfordstreet.tel on the handsets you mention do you see the ad? (I took this image on an iPhone)
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Ad sense for mobile Empty Re: Ad sense for mobile

mikeseaton08-22-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 16937)
    Mike - with regards to the HTC Wildfire, the problem is the screen resolution of the handset. It only has a resolution width of 240px, which is not enough for the smartphone proxy and as such defaults to the standard mobile proxy

[size]
    Thanks for the explanation Aled - however I am displaying AdSense Mobile 320x50 pixels ads on my HTC Wildfire on my TelDial mobile sitehttp://mikeseaton.teldial.com and they look really good.

Admittedly if I use the phone in vertical mode you have to sideways scroll a bit to see all the ad, but in horizontal mode (the normal way for much internet viewing on the HTC Wildfire) the ad shows the full 320 pixels without any sideways scrolling at all.

If you get the chance have a look at http://mikeseaton.teldial.com on a phone with a 240x320 pixel display, use it in horizontal mode, and you will see that AdSense Mobile ads do look good.

Is is possible you could update your list so that the HTC Wildfire (and other smartphones with a 240x320 pixel display) use the smartphone mobile proxy rather than the basic one?

Mike Seaton[/size]

Blunderer08-22-2011 02:08 PM

I do but, because it doesn't refer to Adsense, or Google, I took it to be one that Dottel had produced. That said, I still don't have any of the Adsense units on my own .tels showing ( www.crafts.tel , to name but one).

tony mayo08-22-2011 05:32 PM

Everything is working fine now with Adsense displaying on all my directories.
    Thanks Aled for your help.

Aled08-22-2011 05:38 PM

That's good to hear, Tony. Out of interest, and for everyone else on here with a similar issue, did you change anything (such as request a new Adsense ID from Google), or was it just a matter of patience?

tony mayo08-22-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 16960)
    That's good to hear, Tony. Out of interest, and for everyone else on here with a similar issue, did you change anything (such as request a new Adsense ID from Google), or was it just a matter of patience?

[size]
    Did nothing whatsoever, Aled. Seems to have been patience. Looks great and thanks for your email.[/size]

tel4rent08-22-2011 07:46 PM

Hi Tony,

I am still battling with my adsense to show. I tried the ones you have listed on your signature and the Ad sense are not showing on BB curve.

Would you please share with us which .tel, phone you are using so i can test it on my BB. Would it possible for you to ad a screen shot so we know what to expect.

many thanks

tony mayo08-22-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 16963)
    Would you please share with us which .tel, phone you are using so i can test it on my BB. Would it possible for you to ad a screen shot so we know what to expect.

[size]
    terl4rent, I am using iPhone and all directories listed here are now displaying Adsense,

Other directories such as satellitetv.tel are also now showing ads.

Previously an empty white ad slot was visible. 

I didn't make any changes and it seems neither did Telnic. 
    I'm not sure that is much help.
    However, disappointed to hear my directories not showing in BB Curve. 

I understand your frustration.[/size]

Blunderer08-22-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 16964)
    terl4rent, I am using iPhone and all directories listed here are now displaying Adsense,

Other directories such as satellitetv.tel are also now showing ads.

Previously an empty white ad slot was visible. 

I didn't make any changes and it seems neither did Telnic. 
    I'm not sure that is much help.
    However, disappointed to hear my directories not showing in BB Curve. 

I understand your frustration.

[size]
    Tony, all showing on my HTC Desire now, and on iPhone4.[/size]

tony mayo08-22-2011 09:58 PM

Great news, Blunderer.
    The problem seems to be that Google is slow in serving up the ads.

Blunderer08-22-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 16970)
    Great news, Blunderer.
    The problem seems to be that Google is slow in serving up the ads.

[size]
    Tell me about it. NONE of mine show. 

I've just reviewed all the Adsense related posts to see if I missed an instruction but, so far as I can see, if Adsense displays on the desktop view it should automatically display on smartphones - no owner action needed. So, how long do I wait?[/size]

tel4rent08-23-2011 07:59 AM

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your response. 
    I have tried most of your domains on my BB curve and still not sign of ad sense. However, i can see that a white spot is there...

Hi Aled,

I have sent you few more screen shots of my directory showing no Ad sense but with a white spot

Keeping faith...

tel4rent08-23-2011 05:06 PM

All,

Can anyone confirm that Ad sense are displaying correctly on Tony's domain using BB?

On my BB, no Ad sense...

Thanks

Aled08-23-2011 05:36 PM

tel4rent - I wonder if your phone or provider is blocking Adsense. Can you see the Adsense ad on Mike's .com site athttp://mikeseaton.teldial.com/?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-23-2011 05:42 PM

I see google ads on my BB Curve for
    mayo.tel
    erris.tel
    etc
    Mark

aliencafe08-23-2011 06:04 PM

Team, it's been 4 or 5 days and still no mobile ads on Pills.tel. I'm using iPhone 4 on the ATT US network.

I'm not highly concerned as this domain receives moderate traffic, just letting you guys know there is an issue..

Looking forward to feedback-

Cheers

tel4rent08-23-2011 07:41 PM

@Aled,

No i cannot see the ad sense from mike http://mikeseaton.teldial.com. If it is the case with my phone or provider, could you point me in the right direction to investigate?

@Mark
    Thanks...Since u are using BB curve like myself, would you know what setting could possibly block the display of adsense?

I will try to check on other mobile...

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-23-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 17002)
    @Mark
    Thanks...Since u are using BB curve like myself, would you know what setting could possibly block the display of adsense?

[size]
    I've never changed anything on my BB and doubt there is an adblocker-like setting.
    Mark[/size]

boracay.tel08-23-2011 11:43 PM

This may be related. For many months I have been seeing a blank space on the desktop where google Adsense should be displaying. It's due to the google mailman being unable to deliver literally a piece of paper to my doorstep. That piece of paper supposedly has a PIN number that will once again re-activate the displaying of Adsense ads.

So, that's a definite example of seeing a blank space where there use to be perfectly good Adsense ads displayed. I'm suggesting it's a Adsense settings issue.

dutchstreetdog08-24-2011 01:50 AM

I think adsense is verry carefeul giving out Ads on dottel
    See what happend whit my freerollpoker acount the delete it for not following the rules!
    But in my opinion my domain was Looking fine! 
    I have seen worse domains whit adsense on it
    I wont bey suprised the start deleting some of Your adsense acounts to !

Aled08-24-2011 08:24 AM

aliencafe - on pills.tel I can see that the space is there on the smartphone screen where the Adsense Ad should be, it's just that Google is not serving the ad to the page. There could be a number of reasons for this:

- It seems with some .tels it is just taking some time for Adsense to setup the mobile ads. This could be as it identifies suitable ads. There may be some cases where they don't have suitable ads to show
    - As boracay says, there could be an issue with the Adsense settings - anyone who is experiencing a delay may want to try and request a new Adsense code on one of their .tels - this is actually a method suggested by Google if you are having issues
    - as dutchstreetdog is seeing, Google can be careful with which domains it agrees to serve Adsense to. It seems very strange that they would choose to serve desktop and not mobile ads to a site, but if you are concerned that could be the case for yours then please contact Google

tel4rent - it would be useful if you could try a different handset. Another test could be a different web browser on your phone. You could also contact your carrier to see if there is anything in your plan which blocks mobile ads.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

tel4rent08-24-2011 10:02 AM

Aled,

I tried different browser on my BB firefox and internet explorer but the result is the same. By the way, the way the domain is displayed is totally different than BB browser so i will not take that route.

Will try different handset and will let you know...

Keeping faith

dutchstreetdog08-24-2011 08:54 PM

ADsense to big for mobile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 16950)
    https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img839/9...ileadsense.png
    Blunderer - here's an example of an Adsesnse ad on Oxfordstreet.tel. If you look at Oxfordstreet.tel on the handsets you mention do you see the ad? (I took this image on an iPhone)

[size]
    Hello telnic i love the adsense for mobile, realy Good job
    But its a little bit to big as you can see on aleds screenshot
    It is Looking so pretty and need and compact SO cant you adjust the
    size Just à little bit?!
    So its not sticking out on Both sides on the regular and landscape vieuw?!
    Just to make it perfect![/size]

Blunderer08-25-2011 05:58 PM

Help please.

Can anyone see a mobile Google ad on my site? If so, what type of mobile do you have?

Aled08-25-2011 06:13 PM

Blunderer - the display of Adsense Ads on a smartphone will not vary depending on .tel, so if your smartphone is showing Adsense on any .tels (such as OxfordStreet.tel above), it will show them on any where the Adsense is actually appearing.

Blunderer08-25-2011 08:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 17055)
    Blunderer - the display of Adsense Ads on a smartphone will not vary depending on .tel, so if your smartphone is showing Adsense on any .tels (such as OxfordStreet.tel above), it will show them on any where the Adsense is actually appearing.

[size]
    Well that may be the theory Aled but it ain't what's happening. I can see the oxfordstreet ad but none of my own - see images I have just taken.[/size]

dutchstreetdog08-26-2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 17054)
    Help please.

Can anyone see a mobile Google ad on my site? If so, what type of mobile do you have?

[size]
    I am using a iPhone 3G and not seeing Ads on your domain![/size]

Aled08-26-2011 08:29 AM

Blunderer - my point is that if Google is sending the mobile ads you will see them. That is not (yet) happening on chagford.tel, so nobody is seeing ads on there, irrespective of the handset they are using.

As I mentioned previously on this thread, you have a number of options if this is happening to your .tel:

- Wait to see if the ads appear eventually - it may be that Google is still trying to allocate appropriate mobile ads to the site
    - Try to reset your Adsense with a new Adsense ID - this is a suggestion Google makes if mobile ads do not appear
    - Contact Google directly to see if they can comment on why they are not serving mobile ads to your site

The gap on the mobile view above your contact records shows that the page is trying to call for the mobile ad, but it is not being sent by Google.

Blunderer08-26-2011 09:45 AM

Dutchstreetdog, thank you for looking.

Aled, that's much clearer. I understand now. Thank you.

Blunderer09-02-2011 08:10 PM

See: http://telnic.org/forum/showpost.php...48&postcount=3

Is the problem custom channels? Has anyone got Google ads showing in both the desktop and mobile forms for the same .tel?

If so, are custom channels enabled?

tel4rent09-02-2011 09:37 PM

I am still waiting to see Ads sense on my .tel. No sign of any so far.

Could anyone try buddhabar.tel for me and confirm if they can see Ad sense on their mobile in particular BB...

Many thanks

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-02-2011 10:20 PM

Sorry, not seeing an ad on my BB. I see a white rectangle appears where the ad should go then disappears.
    Mark

aliencafe09-02-2011 11:10 PM

@tel4rent 

Did you try replacing your publisher id with ca-mb-pub-(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) for mobile ads?

I had the same issue where the ads did not display for 2 weeks- so I changed to the mobile ads publisher id and ad channel. It worked immediately.

Let me know how it works out.

Regards.

Blunderer09-02-2011 11:11 PM

Google ads on desktop and mobile.

The solution to the problem:

http://www.telnic.org/forum/showpost...59&postcount=9

Thank you for your attention and suggestions everyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 5:28 am