The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

December 2011 Newsletter

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

December 2011 Newsletter Empty December 2011 Newsletter

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:54 pm

TELcp12-13-2011 02:40 PM

December 2011 Newsletter

@Telnic

Thanks for the December 2011 Newsletter and the Q1 2012 Development Update.

Rgds

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-13-2011 03:18 PM

Looking forward to providing free tools to integrate video.
    Mark

Blunderer12-13-2011 03:57 PM

@Telnic,

Thank you for the Newsletter and update, and in particular, for the coming of group search - very helpful.

When you recently announced the ability to forward from one .tel to another, there was much talk on the Forum about the danger of de-listing by search engines. Can we have a definitive statement on this please - risk of de-listing/no risk?

Finally, since your still tinkering with the works, could you please look at providing an option to move the mobile view of the Adsense display to the top of the page, rather than in the body of the display, and/or the ability to disable mobile display? I listed an fuel supply company this week, and whilst the Adsense on the side of the desktop view was a risk they were prepared to take, having an ad for a rival, internet based bulk fuel agency appear between their text header and their phone number on the mobile view - in colour, was untenable.

dottel.net12-13-2011 04:40 PM

@blunderer - while you're waiting for an official response, not sure if you are aware that adsense can be applied per folder (subdomain) so for this particular folder you can disable adsense but still have it on the rest of the site.

Blunderer12-13-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 19654)
    @blunderer - while you're waiting for an official response, not sure if you are aware that adsense can be applied per folder (subdomain) so for this particular folder you can disable adsense but still have it on the rest of the site.

[size]
    Thank you. I didn't know that. I thought it was either on or off all folders, I'll give it a go.

Good man![/size]

Blunderer12-13-2011 06:58 PM

@dottel.net,

Errm, how please? 

Just opened the subdomain and tried removing adsense and got this "This action will delete all AdSense data from your domain."

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-13-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 19656)
    @dottel.net,
    Errm, how please?

[size]
    It can only be done through Open Auth tools. I used to support it at Telmasters in the early days of Adsense. Not sure if it still works. But you were able to add/remove Adsense on selected pages. Will let you know.

Mark[/size]

aliencafe12-13-2011 08:59 PM

I liked the look and feel of the Newsletter as well as the comments from Kash about some new developments in 2012.

Thanks for the newsletter and keep up the good work.

Blunderer12-13-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 19658)
    It can only be done through Open Auth tools. I used to support it at Telmasters in the early days of Adsense. Not sure if it still works. But you were able to add/remove Adsense on selected pages. Will let you know.

Mark

[size]
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the offer but please don't waste any time on it. I'm OK with just deleting adsense for now although if Telnic could consider the changes I mentioned above then I think that would be more attractive to all (the millions who haven't got a .tel yet) in the longer term.[/size]

dutchstreetdog12-13-2011 10:13 PM

Hello telnic
    I am always happy reciving the newsletter!
    It feels like monday evening 35 years ago when the donald duck was delivert ones a weak!
    And i am excited with the comming video and al the other goodies!
    I am also happy that the develepment is going step by step so i can grow with DotTel 
    I still have thousand things to do with all my domains and the sociale media sources that must match!
    So when the time is there for DotTel to make the big breaktrue, i will be ready and i mean realy ready!
    I would love the options to split the adsense for mobile and desktop proxy!

I think i read its alredy posseble And depends on how you submit the code in adsense!?
    But à little switch would bey So much easyer

Anyway Thx for the newsletter And good work! POWER
    Greetings Dutch

supercyberheroes12-14-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 19651)
    Looking forward to providing free tools to integrate video.
    Mark

[size]
    Hi Mark development update says:

Support for a number of video services (YouTube, Vimeo, and DailyMotion) to be linked to and played from within the .tel proxy pages (which will be manageable programmatically using the API) and presented in the body of the .tel domain

To be linked to and played from within .tel: it look like to me two different options, if in deep are two; which one could be easier and better to use. ( I mean I got a .tel site that all links go to youtube, so will be good to know)

Regards 

http://supercyberheroes.tel
    http://businessdirect.tel[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-14-2011 01:37 AM

I would hope that the video development goes along the lines of Adsense embedded scripts, whereby you supply a couple of parameters to the interface and the .tel page gets a verified script with your parameters. That way Telnic maintains clean control and full security, just gives us a place to load video. The ability to specify where the video goes, top, bottom, right and order (pref code) in relation to other objects should be included. I hope we get to participate in the spec before it is released.
    Mark

[url][/url][url][/url][url][/url]
    supercyberheroes12-14-2011 01:42 AM

I know cluster means group, and help to speed up computers, but I would like to know: what or how exactly could help us using cluster on .tel domains?

Thank very much.

Regards
    http://supercyberheroes.tel[/URL
    [url=http://businessdirect.tel/]http://businessdirect.tel[/url]
    [url][/url]
    [url]

[/url]
    dottel.net12-14-2011 01:45 AM

@blunderer - the api call to set this still works. i should have clarified i do this via the api with my own code (never used the cth). telnic should be able to comment if there is indeed an option to prevent the recursive adsense option and apply per folder in the control panel.

telnic?
    [url]

[/url]
    Blunderer12-14-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 19666)
    @blunderer - the api call to set this still works. i should have clarified i do this via the api with my own code (never used the cth). telnic should be able to comment if there is indeed an option to prevent the recursive adsense option and apply per folder in the control panel.

telnic?

[size]

Thanks for the clarification.[/size]
    [url]

[/url]
    wibblenut12-14-2011 03:56 AM

Mark - but there doesn't need to be a change to the record structure. The only thing they need to add is on the proxy side, i.e. if a NAPTR link contains "youtube.com" (or similar) then it can simply render the video inline, much like the Google Maps is embedded for a LOC record.

Just as well, because I'd be against adding complexity for more web-specific bloat.
    [url]

[/url]
    Aled12-14-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 19666)

telnic?

[size]
    No, it's not possible to do it on a folder basis in the cth control panel. As it's in the settings area it is either applied to all folders or none.

Blunderer, thanks for the request, which as always, we have noted.[/size]
    [url]

[/url]
    Blunderer12-14-2011 10:37 AM

Thank you Aled.
    [url]

[/url]
    dottel.net12-14-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 19668)
    Mark - but there doesn't need to be a change to the record structure. The only thing they need to add is on the proxy side, i.e. if a NAPTR link contains "youtube.com" (or similar) then it can simply render the video inline, much like the Google Maps is embedded for a LOC record.

Just as well, because I'd be against adding complexity for more web-specific bloat.

[size]
    that's my hope here too. please keep it simple[/size]
    [url]

[/url]
    Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-14-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

[size]
    Yes, I agree this would be a good solution for video inline with the body of the tel page and would allow multiple videos per page, each only accessible when the Naptr record is clicked. Perhaps even a different icon or hover text will indicate there is a video waiting to be exposed.

But on top, bottom and right, I still think a video can be handled the same way as Adsense parameter insertion. It probably would also be possible to recognize that an _ad reference is a video and play upon click.

As you can see, there are several implementation options here and we don't know which way Telnic will proceed. I only hope we get a chance to offer opinions before code is written at Telnic!

Mark[/size]
    [url]

[/url]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

December 2011 Newsletter Empty Re: December 2011 Newsletter

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:54 pm

Serg12-15-2011 02:00 AM

Necessary to improve the navigation of the site - button "home", "level up", and with its links should be standard on the top of the template. If the site is more than one page - is now uncomfortable.

TELcp12-15-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

[size]
    I am with you.
    That's my personal opinion too.
    But will accept the consent of the majority.

Cheers![/size]

TELcp12-15-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serg (Post 19673)
    Necessary to improve the navigation of the site - button "home", "level up", and with its links should be standard on the top of the template. If the site is more than one page - is now uncomfortable.

[size]
    Yes. Buttons for navigation similar to what TELcp has in v3.0 would be very convenient for the mobile user/visitor. @http://telcp.blogspot.com/2011/09/te...bile-beta.html

Cheers![/size]

Blunderer12-15-2011 04:21 PM

With regard to the search function, some sort of indicator that the breadcrumbs should be used for backwards navigation would help.

Sumerlin12-15-2011 09:16 PM

I am not too impressed with these changes.
    Most .tel users don't know how to use these functions and why you had to make these changes anyway.
    The most important change we desperately need is ability to add pictures and advertising directly from 
    the control panel. I could sell advertising and place it on my .tel websites as some of them have already a large number of visitors but instead I have to rely on pennies I get from Google adsense.
    It was promised to be installed by December 2012 and what happened ?
    There is not even mention of it for the next wave of "improvements"

dutchstreetdog12-16-2011 12:42 AM

Who promised that?
    I think you mistake, but u can use 3th party tools sumerling!
    I use all The time the tool from Telmasters and its even free!
    Try the queik update tool, host your image somwere paste the url in The tool And voilà !
    It looks a bit complicated but even i can do it!
    And there are a few more 3th party boys with this option!
    I am shure ones you submitted one banner of your own, you buy 50 more dottels!!!
    Goodluck And its realy easy

Sumerlin12-29-2011 01:14 AM

Going nowhere

I am new here but I've been reading these posts for at least one year and this feature was mentioned many, many time sand what happens ?Nothing
    Telic releases some feautures that 90% of .tel users have no idea how to use and what they are for

Sumerlin12-29-2011 01:26 AM

Few weeks ago I saw a post Titled "to insert telads"
    It was in section "Forum& Website Support" and it was mentioned there several times and guess what ?
    This post is nowhere to be found. Telnic removed it. Nice work so now it can not be proven

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-29-2011 02:36 AM

@sumerlin, perhaps it was moved as topics occasionally are consolidated. At any rate, you can find some information on inserting ads here:www.ads4.tel 
    Mark

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 11:23 pm