The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.telegraph newsletter

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.telegraph newsletter Empty .telegraph newsletter

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 5:31 pm

nadya08-21-2009 11:58 AM

.telegraph newsletter

The first issue of the .tel newsletter was released yesterday at http://telnic.org/downloads/dottelegraph-aug09.pdf

We thought it would be useful to gather some of the latest news and updates, and materials already on the website. We hope that this 4-pager can be useful in illustrating some of the activities around .tel and in helping more users get to know what they can do with their .tel names. 

Your feedback on this issue and suggestions for materials on future postings are most welcome. You are our community, so we write about you and for you.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-21-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 1026)
    The first issue of the .tel newsletter was released yesterday at http://telnic.org/downloads/dottelegraph-aug09.pdf

We thought it would be useful to gather some of the latest news and updates, and materials already on the website. We hope that this 4-pager can be useful in illustrating some of the activities around .tel and in helping more users get to know what they can do with their .tel names. 

Your feedback on this issue and suggestions for materials on future postings are most welcome. You are our community, so we write about you and for you.

[size]
    Suggest that you have separate emails for each dept. Right now to send info we only have the dev email account. Create ones for news, newsletter, community, forumadmin, etc ?[/size]

nadya08-21-2009 12:58 PM

Mark, we have the following contact email addresses:

- dev@ for developers
    - community@ for community for suggestions, news, newsletter, questions
    - website@ for generic enquiries and site requests
    telfriends-support@registry.nic.tel for Telfriends related issues

I think I've covered all you mentioned, forumadmin you can write to me or Howard or use the reporting feature.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-21-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 1032)
    Mark, we have the following contact email addresses:

- dev@ for developers
    - community@ for community for suggestions, news, newsletter, questions
    - website@ for generic enquiries and site requests
    telfriends-support@registry.nic.tel for Telfriends related issues

I think I've covered all you mentioned, forumadmin you can write to me or Howard or use the reporting feature.

[size]
    Thx I wasn't aware of these outside dev@[/size]

RonMunson08-21-2009 07:45 PM

Well done. One part that confused me a little was the line ->

'Sign up on our web-site to participate in our pilot project, community@telnic.org"

How do you sign up? Is the email suppose to be at the end of this line or a web link to a signup page?

nadya08-22-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 1050)
    Well done. One part that confused me a little was the line ->

'Sign up on our web-site to participate in our pilot project, community@telnic.org"

How do you sign up? Is the email suppose to be at the end of this line or a web link to a signup page?

[size]
    Thanks. There's no signup page yet, you can just write to the email address to express your interest.[/size]

tkstark08-24-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 1026)

[size]
    am i the only one having problems with that link? i keep getting that the file is damaged and can't be opened.[/size]

nadya08-24-2009 10:01 PM

Hi tkstark,

We haven't had any reports of this type of error, and i just tried this one my clean home computer - works ok. It might be that you have an old browser or old Adobe Reader. What versions are you using? Also, try selecting 'Save target' instead of 'Open' in the context menu, and save this locally.

If you continue experiencing issues, please write to us, and we'll send you the newsletter directly.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-24-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 1130)
    Hi tkstark,

We haven't had any reports of this type of error, and i just tried this one my clean home computer - works ok. It might be that you have an old browser or old Adobe Reader. What versions are you using? Also, try selecting 'Save target' instead of 'Open' in the context menu, and save this locally.

If you continue experiencing issues, please write to us, and we'll send you the newsletter directly.

[size]
    This link worked fine for me last week, now it causes pdf viewer to crash both under firefox and ie under window 2000.
    Under Vista with different pdf viewer it works ok.[/size]

nadya08-24-2009 10:27 PM

This is really weird, we didn't change the file at all since last week. I'll investigate further tomorrow.

Gav08-25-2009 08:39 AM

Yes I can open it either keep getting the same message -

the file is damaged and can't be opened. 

Gav

Mat08-25-2009 08:53 AM

It's working fine for me.

dottel08-25-2009 08:55 AM

No issues for me.
    Clicked on link, got the message whether to save or open.
    Clicked save, then clicked open the file from my local drive.
    No error report.

by the way mine is Adobe Acrobat Ver 9.1.3

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 10:41 pm