The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

March 2012 telegraph is out...

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

March 2012 telegraph is out... Empty March 2012 telegraph is out...

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 2:14 pm

dottel.net03-13-2012 06:38 PM

March 2012 telegraph is out...

confirms video will be only via api (not via the control panel)

nice image with various stats around .tel

some interesting case studies.....

no mention of the templates - so guess that will be in the next quarterly newsletter....

Aled03-13-2012 06:46 PM

Re mention of the templates in the newsletter, we are working to get these released by the end of the month. However, there is a possibility that they won't quite be ready by then, so we have excluded them from the newsletter. This has no impact on the fact that they will be released shortly.

Simon G03-13-2012 06:53 PM

http://telnic.org/newsletters/dottelegraph-mar12.html
    Link to the news letter for anyone who hasn't got it in there mail box yet.
    Good to hear about the templates Aled, had been starting to wonder

mikeseaton03-13-2012 07:56 PM

I like the http://WeddingPhotographer.tel article - this is an ideal use for .tel as a single point of contact domain.

There are huge numbers of wedding photographers who don't have their own .tel - I have just done a search for wedding photographer hampshire uk and get 2results from a Tel search and 574,000 results from a Web search

So plenty of growth opportunity left for .tel - just need to get the message out to the public loud and clear about the benefits of the .tel extension !

Mike Seaton

PS. I don't have the time, but isn't there an opportunity here for someone to build a Wedding Photographer Directory on a .tel ?

dialaroom03-13-2012 08:17 PM

Good newsletter, interesting, positive, like the numbers graphic and personal stories. Video option seems popular, pretty uplifting all around. Thanks Telnic.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-13-2012 08:36 PM

Being a visual learner, I like the infographics. More please next time around. I'll be linking to the contact and icon example pages too. And the directory article should be a standard newsletter feature. Great job, Telnic.
    Mark

dottel.net03-13-2012 09:42 PM

@aled - thanks for the clarification regarding the templates. appreciate it.

Serg03-14-2012 03:51 AM

Just wonder, these magazines can be published once a year and still in them the same thing. Aimed at the kindergarten, there is no new and useful information. Even the statistical information is presented with the expectation of the clip thinking, and not for analysis. Fresh ideas in general is long gone - the swamp. Talking about the video three years (although one might have thought before), and focus again on the birth of a mouse. 

Maybe the owners should sell the company, because the light head is in the company and there are real prospects to develop .Tel?

Unfortunately, except for criticism of anything else on the mind does not come. In Russia, even government agencies is worth less to criticize than "innovative" company in foggy Albion.

Kartoshka03-14-2012 08:09 AM

what Serg says seems to me more of the true than not. 

Taking off pink glasses, nothing fresh to say this time. Where has the innovation gone, Telnic?...

The infographics is done by amateur, as it seems. 
    Please hire a graphics designer. A freelancer, in case you don't need one at full position. 
    I will do it for free for the first time.

good day.

itld03-14-2012 09:46 AM

My opinion is that there is no understanding of the essence. TEL - this is a DNS entry.
    When you register a domain in any zone ask yourself how much you have applied to the various constraints in order to properly write your A, MX, CNAME, TXT ..... ?
    3 years ago wrote that. TEL is a simple online business card
    but I tried not to engage in personal business cards.

Here are some of my. TEL
    gzt.tel (RSS + Twitters) , LME.tel daily graphs
    Simbirsk.tel weather, phone directory, advertising, Guide + ...
    The new seria projects Philately.tel + ...

It does not have business cards, it's databases, which I collect and do manually. Because in most cases there is no database is outdated or it is final.

Good luck to all !

mikeseaton03-14-2012 01:44 PM

Development Update missing from March newsletter

I agree that Telnic have done a good job with the March 2012 newsletter

But there is one section missing that was present in the December 2011 newsletter - namely the Development Update for the coming 3 months.

The Development Update in the newsletter is essential information given that the Roadmap was discontinued on 1 July 2011.

Here's the Development Update from the December 2011 newsletter
    Quote:

Our anticipated development and release schedule for Q1 2012 will include:

•Roll-out of new templates currently in development
    •Support for a number of video services (YouTube, Vimeo, and DailyMotion) to be linked to and played from within the .tel proxy pages (which will be manageable programmatically using the API) and presented in the body of the .tel domain
    •Dedicated Smart phone search results for a consistent mobile look and feel
    •Grouping of .tel domains to be searched in a cluster (time permitting)

[size]
    Perhaps Telnic could publish the Development Update for Q2 2012 in this forum and/or add it to the newsletter online HTML file ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 9:37 am