The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.Tel Statement ?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.Tel Statement ? Empty .Tel Statement ?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:07 pm

mikeseaton04-14-2012 07:06 PM

.Tel Statement ?

Being a developer / investor / user with the .tel extension is really testing - and I'm not just talking about the recent days since Telnames hit the radar !

There may come a point when some of us just say "Is it worth it ?" and "There are much less stressful ways to make money on the internet !".

IMO Telnic and Telnames should not take the loyalty, commitment, cash, and time of the forum members for granted.

Involve us in your plans, let us help you achieve your vision, don't fall into the trap of thinking .tel plans are so important that they must be kept secret in the same way that Apple may want to keep developments secret.

.Tel is not such a big deal at the moment - even with the launch of a promising new template - there are many other solutions already out there that are attracting users attention and use, and many are free of charge.

Publicity, Involvement, Inclusion is what's needed - not letting your supporters rummage around for a few crumbs of information.

Got that off my chest - now time to focus on my .com site http://www.BoatSearchEngine.com and make it the largest boat search engine in the world !

Be back posting on the forum when Telnic / Telnames decide to let us in on their plans.

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-14-2012 07:13 PM

Well said, Hope to hear soon from the group.
    Mark

Cees04-14-2012 10:16 PM

I too, apart from a minor .tel diversion am not putting anymore of my limited time into this until the smoke clears, I hate being a captive!

boracay.tel04-16-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 22215)
    am not putting anymore of my limited time into this until the smoke clears!

[size]
    You won't regret that...
    Same goes for actual hard cold cash vs what has been your valuable time as an investor.
    Learned this lesson the long, hard, waiting it out way.....ideas just disappear to somebody at the top. 
    The time taken to hear back about the promised new templates is an example[/size]

Cees04-16-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 22241)
    You won't regret that...
    Same goes for actual hard cold cash vs what has been your valuable time as an investor.
    Learned this lesson the long, hard, waiting it out way.....ideas just disappear to somebody at the top. 

...well hangover lesson carries forward to whatever is our .tel future. 
    If this forum goes down, as loyal investors, where will you go to discuss our investment?

[size]
    RE the "forum goes down"
    That's crossed my mind as well, the only way I know of contacting forum members is through email address found in whois, however not everyone's address is available, there's probably an easier way?[/size]

teltheworld04-16-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 22208)
    Being a developer / investor / user with the .tel extension is really testing - and I'm not just talking about the recent days since Telnames hit the radar !

There may come a point when some of us just say "Is it worth it ?" and "There are much less stressful ways to make money on the internet !".

IMO Telnic and Telnames should not take the loyalty, commitment, cash, and time of the forum members for granted.

Involve us in your plans, let us help you achieve your vision, don't fall into the trap of thinking .tel plans are so important that they must be kept secret in the same way that Apple may want to keep developments secret.

.Tel is not such a big deal at the moment - even with the launch of a promising new template - there are many other solutions already out there that are attracting users attention and use, and many are free of charge.

Publicity, Involvement, Inclusion is what's needed - not letting your supporters rummage around for a few crumbs of information.

Got that off my chest - now time to focus on my .com site http://www.BoatSearchEngine.com and make it the largest boat search engine in the world !

Be back posting on the forum when Telnic / Telnames decide to let us in on their plans.

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Hi Mike

Spot on with those comments.

It goes without saying that many of us got into the game in order to make a fast buck and I'm one of those who got their fingers well and truly burned as unlike some who are still in denial, I can only blame myself for jumping in the deep end like I did.

But I do get you point about loyalty and I honestly think the suggestions made by the Forum members over the years, have almost certainly help develop the product.

I can well imagine that never in their wildest dreams did they ever envisage, that a simple contact page that was looking somewhat dated would ever spawn a host of directory builders, which must have put a bit of an unexpected strain on resources.

But looking on the positive side, it was those same Forum members, that helped turn this simple contact page into an even simpler one page web site, that I think is going to take the Country by storm.

While there are plenty of Free Web Site builders, they offer 'Too Much Choice' too many Templates and designs to choose from and then you need to 'Buy' an upgrade in order to use all the features.

IMO .Tel scores by keeping it very simple.

An out of the box solution, with virtually no skill required, you can be up and running in just a few minutes.

Everyone is going to want one of those! and IMO that development was much down to suggestions and requests from Forum members, so Yes I agree I think they do owe us some loyalty.

But I also see their Point of wanting to keep their new Product under wraps because although 'the cat is somewhat out of the bag' They don't want their launch preempted by rumors and guess work.

So continuing with the loyalty theme, what we know I think we should keep to ourselves.

Note to Aled:

If you run a competition to win the ipad I am after lol! one of my suggestions for a strap line is: '.Tel The One Page Web Site!'[/size]

Serg04-20-2012 06:18 AM

If that happens can be found on the forumdottel.ru Russian.
    I hope this does not happen, but we must be prepared to develop such a situation (the possibility of creating community deceived.)

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 6:41 am