The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

telmaster did it again! bulk insert tool NOW with VARIABLES

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

telmaster did it again! bulk insert tool NOW with VARIABLES Empty telmaster did it again! bulk insert tool NOW with VARIABLES

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:18 pm

boracay.tel09-25-2012 04:10 AM

telmaster did it again! bulk insert tool NOW with VARIABLES

fantastic stuff.
    you are worth your weight in gold Mark.

the telmaster just updated the BULK INSERT tool to use %% (ie variables)
    if your a directory builder (AND you have a very well named directory structure), you can now have the bulk insert tool substitute in your URL strings "%%" with the actual "subdomain" name.

eg.

http://testtesttest.boracay.tel 

"%%" will equal "testtestest"

in marks tool you can do this.
    add an imageAd with the image link at : http://example.com/images/%%.boracay.tel.jpeg
    and with the goto website link written as : http://%%.boracay.tel

hope this helps you guys!!!
    thanks Mark

Blunderer09-25-2012 11:49 AM

For the benefit of those of us who do not completely understand - does this mean that an image ad on one sub folder can now link to another sub folder within the same domain?

boracay.tel09-25-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 25663)
    For the benefit of those of us who do not completely understand - does this mean that an image ad on one sub folder can now link to another sub folder within the same domain?

[size]
    no. that need (yours/mine/marks/others) is being asked for here...
    please add in your say

what i'm referring to now is when a directory needs to add/update a lot of repetitive entries at once.
    all the references on multiple updated pages (such as the graphic used, as well as the location url the graphic then points to, even the text in the text ads) can be unique , that is a slightly different entry by using the subdomain as the variable (for each subdomain ticked)

ps
    perhaps Mark can explain it better, but its an awesome addition to his bulk insert tool.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-25-2012 03:27 PM

Boracay said it correctly. The benefit is that helps you create slightly different links and/or images based on the subdomain name all all or selected subdomains with ONE button click.
    Mark

Spare10-04-2012 09:16 PM

Any examples ?
    I am new here and don't get it

boracay.tel10-09-2012 11:53 AM

Hello Spare...

this relates particularly to directories using a .tel domain. In my case boracay.tel is a directory for a city/island that today has almost 800 resort/hotel style businesses. Using tools from the telmasters.com (kprobe) I am quickly able to update/add individual hotel records (subdomain or "folder") with just a simple 1-click.

the "variable" is itself the subdomain (folder name)

so, if you were to name each of the resorts/hotels logo's and graphics identically (i.e. to match the exact subdomain/folder name) then you could in a single pass have a unique logo and set of photos entered per resort. that's 800 resorts differing photo and graphics data entered in 1 swoop!

it also works for deletion.
    lets say I wanted 100 or so 3 star resorts updated to be a 4 star resort, then i can use the powerful "find and delete" for a particular piece of contact data. then click again to enter the new or updated piece of contact data as 4-star. this is particularly powerful with the variable because you can then include the variable as part of a URL string to pass onto a web server. It can pre-html-process whatever is to come next. the result will be unique for each resort. its very simple currently with just a single variable, but for directory builders, this is a must-have tool

think forms!

ps. gee i just saw spare is banned. oh well, for anybody else reading... Please consider purchasing Mark's complete toolset. its better than a donation. server costs are what they are. and if you want "turn-around-time" then mark gives instant feedback and keeps giving his ALL. I have a new project coming and without his help it would be impossible to do using .tel

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 11:02 pm