The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Passbook for Pro Tel?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Passbook for Pro Tel? Empty Passbook for Pro Tel?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:26 pm

tony mayo01-29-2013 11:15 AM

Passbook for Pro Tel?

I read with interest the comments of Khashayar Mahdavi, CEO of Telnames, and Telnic on Yahoo Finance this am.

As a builder of .tel directories, I find the following quote (reference to local directories which I've highlighted) very interesting and I would like to hear further from Telnic if they are planning to extend the Passbook functionality to pro-tel domains.

Mr. Mahdavi added, "Now, customers can receive offers from their preferred local merchants in real-time. With this new feature, Telnames is truly putting small businesses in their customers' pockets as well as giving local directories and voucher sites a fantastic service to white label to their community."

aliencafe01-30-2013 03:10 AM

Tony, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe "local directories" meant local Yellow Page directories.

tony mayo01-30-2013 11:52 AM

@aliencafe 
    Yes, you're probably correct. 
    In my naiveity, I just dreamed a little!

Blunderer01-30-2013 01:36 PM

@tony mayo,

A TelPages search now generally produces results which are too wide, and frequently - machine generated rubbish.

Just imagine what a group search facility could do - a facility that searched your choice of both .tel and Telnames sites - your various directories.

At present, building a local directory by listing (after selling) Telnames is a waste of time since there is no way to search for content that is included in the Telname other than through TelPages (unless you replicate the Telname content in sub folders - pointless!).

If Telnic could grip this issue then Yellow Pages, etc. would be redundant, and the ability to link vouchers to push marketing facilities would have real value.

Proximity marketing is only of value if a potential customer is in the proximity - LOCAL, in fact, but how does anyone know which of the 5K Telnames registered is local, and how do Telname owners ensure that their service is put before a target audience? Undoubtedly, someone with an iPhone and GPS enabled will eventually blunder near a Telname owner and be alerted to an offer. Its hardly a marketing strategy, though. 

You can market Ballynahinch.tel, or telireland.tel or even - TelPages.

Casting 5000+ Telname owners in to the swamp of existing non-.tel directories and internet search engines when, with a bit of modification, we have the means to produce an integrated and better product, is folly.

Simon G01-30-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

At present, building a local directory by listing (after selling) Telnames is a waste of time since there is no way to search for content that is included in the Telname other than through TelPages (unless you replicate the Telname content in sub folders - pointless!).

[size]
    exactly, I presume we would need to use a .com or other tld other than .tel for the hub of the directory (then specify only your members .tels to search through) since the on .tel search function and telpages does not work properly yet.
    Still its going in the right direction. 
    £25 per telnames .tel is expensive if you are warehousing .tel domains but I presume this allows more margin for affiliates and resellers to make a cut when selling to those within a directory...[/size]

tony mayo01-30-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 26577)
    @tony mayo,

Proximity marketing is only of value if a potential customer is in the proximity - LOCAL, in fact, but how does anyone know which of the 5K Telnames registered is local, and how do Telname owners ensure that their service is put before a target audience? Undoubtedly, someone with an iPhone and GPS enabled will eventually blunder near a Telname owner and be alerted to an offer. Its hardly a marketing strategy, though. 

You can market Ballynahinch.tel, or telireland.tel or even - TelPages.

Casting 5000+ Telname owners in to the swamp of existing non-.tel directories and internet search engines when, with a bit of modification, we have the means to produce an integrated and better product, is folly.

[size]
    An excellent post Blunderer.

Local is where it's at everywhere on the web from news to social and directories have an amazing opportunity in this local space with the proper development of pro-tel. 

Also YP and other big directory services are pushing apps with similar offerings to passbook - right down to street level here in Ireland

The original tel idea with modifications and development, embracing a Telnames style product, TelPages working like it should; plus pro-tel directory services, corporate directories etc is the way forward.

The daily positive feedback I am receiving convinces me that I am on the right track- and I intend to continue, despite the encumbrances .[/size]

Blunderer01-30-2013 04:24 PM

@Simon G, @tony mayo,

We have a .com to do the sorting - TelPages. We, can search within a .tel, or we can search TelPages. One produces results that are limited, the other, results that are too wide. We just need a third option - a means of limiting the search in a .tel site to a specified group of domains - you could select all the places with a direct road link to a location, for example - keeping the search as local as possible where the service required is not available at the prime location.

As to the price of Telnames, I wept when I found out that the price was going up.

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 9:41 am