The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

run a normal website on .tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

run a normal website on .tel Empty run a normal website on .tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-03, 4:11 am

Mark Dalby09-24-2009 11:29 AM

run a normal website on .tel

Hi, 

Is it possible to run a regular website on a .tel domain, Similar to say a .com

I cant see anywhere to change nameservers if that is the case.

Many Thanks, 

Mark

dottel09-24-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Dalby (Post 1598)
    Hi, 

Is it possible to run a regular website on a .tel domain, Similar to say a .com

I cant see anywhere to change nameservers if that is the case.

Many Thanks, 

Mark

[size]
    No you can't

The theme of .tel is different[/size]

dottel.net09-24-2009 04:30 PM

you can't directly. there is http://telpowered.com as a 'bridge' between your dot tel name and a normal website.

you can either host a full website
    redirect to another website
    query your dot tel and present the data using a custom tel card
    query your dot tel and automatically redirect to the first website stored in your dot tel

nadya09-24-2009 05:39 PM

You can also integrate your .tel page as a contact page on your main website. The idea is that your phone numbers and other details may change, and you'll have them up-to-date on your website without having to update it. You can use our webmaster tools for that integration.

Shahid09-24-2009 08:59 PM

i would even call a .tel a website in a way lets say if you don't have a website but you have all it requires to be contacted for personal or business use one can use .tel 

benefits are many...

one address ( a .tel domain ) but your real address in real can change many times people will remember you by your .tel not ur physical address, the same goes for your any of your contact
    including your emails, phones numbers.

i wish i had a .tel before i worked on any of my domains :) 

Shahid

tony mayo09-25-2009 12:08 PM

You got it right there, Sahid.
    The real scope of .tel is being discovered everyday. I have been testing the Twitter to tel applications (thanks to the great work of kprobe athttp://mytel.me/seo-tweet-to-tel.php and Tel Machine at http://tel-machine.com).
    This type of rss or live feed to a directory has incredible possibiliites that are only just being discovered.
    I am a non-expert when it comes to the IT behind all of this, but the many ways .tel can be leveraged to bring real-time information to directories surely creates great business opportunities.
    For instance, you could include a feed from your local train or bus company to their directory folder, updating train/bus delays and timetable changes etc.
    Restaurants and hotels could feed (sorry about the pun!) special offers straight to their listing... "free drink with meal before 8pm" or whatever. I know you can have a link to their Twitter page, but it's much more convenient for the person browsing the directory to see it ALL at a glance.
    And I won't even talk about the possibiliteis for a local news service and community events guide that could be updated in real-time. So geos can be much more than just a Yellow pages.
    Only a lack of imagination can hold us back!

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 8:47 am