The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

+4
Expert
mikeseaton
Sunrise
Tely
8 posters

.com for $1.99 including mobile website and website builder

Tely
    Tely

Warning level : 100 %

.com for $1.99 including mobile website and website builder Empty .com for $1.99 including mobile website and website builder

Post by Tely 2013-01-02, 6:01 pm

Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

.com for $1.99 including mobile website and website builder Empty Re: .com for $1.99 including mobile website and website builder

Post by Sunrise 2013-01-02, 6:07 pm

Wow!
    Godaddy: $12.99 > $1.99
    Telnames: $24.28 > $40.53
    And the mobile website from Godaddy looks amazing!
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

.tel domain : MIkeSeaton.tel

.com for $1.99 including mobile website and website builder Empty Re: .com for $1.99 including mobile website and website builder

Post by mikeseaton 2013-01-02, 6:11 pm

When clicked from the UK the link http://www.godaddy.com/deals just redirects back to the home page at http://www.godaddy.com

But I did find http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/website-builder-new2.aspx?ci=77927 which offers a desktop/mobile site builder (max 5 pages) currently on offer (including free domain) for £1.29 per month i.e. £15.48 per year.

I think the key point that comes out from various posts on this forum is that there are plenty of desktop/mobile site builders already around, some free, so Telnames needs to clearly define its Unique Selling Point - and please don't say "Data in the DNS" because users simply do not care about where data is stored !

So can a forum member state in say 10 words or less what the Telnames USP is ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Last edited by mikeseaton on 2013-01-02, 6:28 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-01-02, 6:18 pm

Read the second sentence in the list:
    .com for $1.99 including mobile website and website builder Godadd10

Does it remind you of something?
    Sunrise
    Sunrise
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Sunrise 2013-01-02, 6:23 pm

Godaddy must have seen the TV ad from Telnames and is showing now how it works with large numbers of registrations.
    maxi
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by maxi 2013-01-02, 6:28 pm

Here the link to that uncut image above:
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/18/02/33/85/godadd10.jpg

It seems that somebody from GoDaddy is reading this forum. And it even may be that somebody has not much sympathy for Telnames.
    Expert
    Expert
    Insider
    Insider

Post by Expert 2013-01-02, 6:31 pm

Sunrise wrote:Godaddy must have seen the TV ad from Telnames and is showing now how it works with large numbers of registrations.
    Obviously Telnic can learn a lot from the market leader. GoDaddy has the right development unit and the right price strategy.
    I wish Telnic would do the same.
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-01-02, 6:35 pm

Expert wrote:
    Sunrise wrote:Godaddy must have seen the TV ad from Telnames and is showing now how it works with large numbers of registrations.
    Obviously Telnic can learn a lot from the market leader. GoDaddy has the right development unit and the right price strategy.
    I wish Telnic would do the same.
    GoDaddy of course is the world's largest registrar !

They also have the distinction of being (AFAIK) the only major registrar who does NOT sell the .tel gTLD.

I'm not attempting to draw any conclusions from the above - just stating the facts !

Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Mad Max 2013-01-02, 6:37 pm

maxi wrote:It seems that somebody from GoDaddy is reading this forum. And it even may be that somebody has not much sympathy for Telnames.
    indeed, while telnic is ignoring most customer requests, others can read this forum too and take advantage of the public information here
    mikeseaton
    mikeseaton
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton 2013-01-02, 6:42 pm

I'm going to bed - it's nearly midnight in the UK and this thread is beginning to make me think too much about the current reality of the .tel project !

Mad Max
    Mad Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Mad Max 2013-01-02, 6:51 pm

mikeseaton wrote:So can a forum member state in say 10 words or less what the Telnames USP is ?
    i could find some sarcastic answers, but I try to be helpful:
    telnames offers fast access to contact data, available premium keywords which are all registered at other extensions and a nice, but unknown app to register and manage a domain on a mobile
    i doubt this is good enough, because the other benefits from telnames can be found somewhere else much cheaper
    Boracay
    Boracay

Post by Boracay 2013-01-03, 9:00 am

It's misleading to write $1.99 without writing PER MONTH

And in following up, I see the regular price written as $5.99 per month. That's $72 per year.
    There is a heavy discount currently, but this is no different to name.com that also offers instant websites with domains.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-03, 10:43 am

Mad Max wrote:
    maxi wrote:It seems that somebody from GoDaddy is reading this forum. And it even may be that somebody has not much sympathy for Telnames.
    indeed, while telnic is ignoring most customer requests, others can read this forum too and take advantage of the public information here
    Which is the main point of it being open compared to telnics closed one and or other systems of submital that mean telnic/telnames can "forget" about ideas to move forward to match their customer needs, having all info/ideas open allows their competition to act on those ideas if telnic/telnames does not and ultimately provides us with a better service to move to should we finally get to the end of our rope of asking.
    Where else can a start up S/TLD go to get an overview of what mobile customers are asking for in a product? I'm sure theres plenty of sites but we pay for the privilege somewhat to ask for additions to the service we use so we're much more likely to have genuine needs as apposed to just noise of a regular tld forum with people who don't rotate around a perpetual mobile angle/pov other than a dedicated .mobi forum which I would never take serious anyway.
    fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel 2013-01-03, 10:51 am

I can see why GoDaddy would do the whole mobi for every TLD in an attempt to reach more customers, which has it's advantages profit wise though I still believe .tel is a step up from .mobi a TLD that I don't really pay attention too anyway, as .tel is designed to work with all handsets, still look good and be a sort of all inclusive hotel of what you need to share which has to have a 99.9%+ uptime.
    Having it stand alone like .tel I feel is much better than having it as a mobile add on to your site via what ever code and such as it makes sure the uptime is stable and it's a dedicated solution, that is free from "self" impact (which is probably one of the major reasons of a downtime, inexperienced and experienced coders make mistakes), aka mistakes you could make that take down your page/site/server and free from some hacking etc.
    I think the term is don't put all your eggs in one basket, though I did move pretty much all towards .tel others at least have separate sites so if their main one goes down, even just for maintenance there customers can still reach them via their .tel which is always up and not located on the same server.
    Though images might be the DNS data is still there on other ways to reach them which might be a new URL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 8:44 pm